Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Baby hears for the first time. Reaction caught on film

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dubyu tee eff, Jun 10, 2010.

1. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

<a class="postlink" href="http://holykaw.alltop.com/babys-reaction-to-hearing-for-the-first-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://holykaw.alltop.com/babys-reactio ... first-time</a>

This is just so god damn adorable. I can't imagine anyone who isn't full of emotion after seeing that video.

Focus: That look of pure joy/wonderment in that baby's eyes is so difficult to describe with words. Tell us about an event that made you feel similarly.

Alt Focus: If you could take one of your senses and enhance them so they are several times as powerful as they are now, which would it be, and why?

Alt Focus 2: Discuss how wonderful that video is.

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think smell would be the worst since there are plenty of unpleasant aromas that an enhanced olfactoric system would just make worst. Walking by a kid with a dirty diaper in the mall, the NY subway system in summer, NJ, etc.

I'd have to go with vision. Built-in telescope/microscope would be awesome. Enhanced hearing would just give me a headache. It's too noisy as it is.

3. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My mom brought up an interesting point when I showed this video to her: this is the best possible reaction that baby could give. If you've been deaf for most of your short, confusing life getting the ability to hear might make for sensory overload and a very unhappy baby.

...but it didn't; he even stopped sucking on his pacifier and made the internationally recognized "Holy shit!" face.

4. JC62

JC62
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The day my oldest daughter was born - it was over 26 years ago and it is a feeling I will never, ever forget. It changed my life forever.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't you have to include x-ray vision in the options list?

6. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Taste.
    Steak is good now. Imagine how much better it could be...

Don't even get me started on bacon. I think at that point I'd just be cumming while I ate it.

7. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt Focus:

I would definitely go for enhancing sight, but instead of being able to see better (and I have pretty shitty eyes), I'd rather have a broader spectrum of sight.

Although, thinking a bit more about it, this could severely backfire. How many infrared rays are flying around all the time, but we don't mind because we can't see them? Channel surfing would become the most annoying experience. None of the world's visual aesthetics would be inline with my sight. Enhancing your hearing could cause you to hear nothing but electronic hums all day long. Enhanced taste might make lots of things taste bad because no one else knows what flavorless things to us would taste like to you. Does the Potassium sorbate ruin Zaxby's sauce?

I'm going to go with keeping my senses the same, unless it was something I could turn on and off.

8. JoshP

JoshP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well with touch I would be blowing loads in my pants all day, smell goes both ways, and my hearing is shitty from the war and it gives me an excuse to ignore my girlfriend.

So being a tossup between taste and sight, I would have to go with sight.

I already have 20/15 vision and it has proven very useful in the past, so I would have to go with that. It's nice to be able to see things from very far away, not to mention if they could ramp it up so I had X-ray vision or some sort of optical zoom built in.

Taste is a close second though, with a very advanced palette you could be the greatst chef in the world.

9. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the closest I've ever been to that happy was when I got my first bike. It was bright red and had a banana seat (It was used and from 1978, but it had been kept in really good condition.)

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That video is da bomb, son. Love it.

Heighten my senses? I don't have to dream about that. That's why the Lord blessed us with a little thing called "ecstasy". Take one, and 20-40 minutes later all your senses go apeshit in every good way possible. Don't believe me? Fine. Explain why you've been rubbing your face against a pair of courdoroy pants for the last 70 minutes.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Normally I'd pick sight, but for the sake of variety I'll go different.

I'd want to enhance my hearing to sonar like levels. Then I could be Daredevil and my red leather bodysuit wouldn't go to complete waste.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beat me too it.

I'd go with touch and all of it going towards ma dong. Imagine amping up that sensation about 50 times for your next BJ. Sure you could just pop some X or slam some Meth but that shit puts holes in your brain.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going with hearing. I love music and movies on a ridiculous level to begin with, but can you imagine listening to your favorite album for the first time with enhanced hearing? I'd probably have a mild heart attack listening to In Utero again. Or what about what Mr. White whispered in Mr. Orange's ear as he was held gutshot in the hideout? How about your woman screaming your name while you were balls deep? Your kid's first word? Player chatter on the football field?

The possibilities are endless.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My girlfriend hasn't been able to smell very much for most of her life. After surgery to remove nasal polyps and steroid / anti-histamine therapy, she now has a marginal sense of smell. She says she doesn't like it very much because most of what she smells isn't pleasant. Hell, she puts on scented moisturizer and then asks me if it smells nice.

If I could multiply senses, I'd go with touch (as vague as that term is). Mostly, I'm thinking it'd be amazing how much better the inside of a moist vagina would feel. Hearing would be second, although I do spend most of my time not paying attention to what people say at me. I wouldn't want sight because seeing the vast imperfections in everything, especially people, would outdo the ability to take in scenic panoramas with that much more intensity. And my sense of taste is acute enough to enjoy good food without utterly ruining the slop I'm currently being fed, so.

15. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't smell much, therefore I can't taste that well either. It's a hereditary thing in my family, my eyesight is top-notch though.

I'd take Wolverine's abilities, all of em, kthx.

That video is really awesome in the purest way. I can picture Klansmen showing the video to each other, all huddled around a computer with their hoods on... In fact, that mental image is even more awesome.