Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Awake? Let's Do This- WDT 2/18/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The next time I read this post I'll be sure to have a friend standing by that's really good at helping people through bad trips.

2. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rudolf Hess looks like Paul F. Tompkins with a unibrow. This movie is crazy.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I can predict the Weathers.

This movie kicked so much 80's ass. It was pure noise.
    [​IMG]

4. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

I wonder if J.K. Rowling, when she was writing the sort of boorish ass character that is Cormac McLaggen, was thinking about Cormac McCarthy.

I have this image in my head of them meeting at some party for ultra-rich authors, and her being overwhelmingly smitten by his rugged good looks. They get to talking, but he ultimately insults and rejects her. She then gets sloppy drunk and ends up going home alone to her cats, fuming about the whole encounter. "I know!" she thinks, and she sits down at her typewriter and starts writing about this new Quidditch player, ultimately passing out with her nose on the "G" key...

5. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone is now reading that post in Tay Zonday's voice. Which is making me cackle like an asshole. Note, I thought that was Nom Chomsky trolling everyone at first. I'm still not 100% convinced otherwise.

I have a sugar cube. I have absinthe. I have Peychaud bitters. But I have bourbon instead of rye whiskey. A Sazerac is still in order. Someone bring me shrimp creole and a dame that knows The Charleston. We're getting 20's up in this bitch.

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHY HAVE I NOT TRIED ABSINTHE YET!!?? Where the hell do you get this stuff!?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's illegal all over North America, but you can buy shitty versions of it here, Ontario has an expensive, no-so-great one you can buy in the liquor store, but the real shit comes from Holland, Germany, Switzerland and France. If you can get it mailed to you, prepare it the correct way and prepare to walk into the 4th dimension.

The best I've tried is called Libertine from France. 72% alcohol with extra wormwood. It glows green like Plutonium.

There is also Pasti, which Pernod also manufactures and will also ass-rape your mind.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's in pretty much every liquor store down here. It's creeping its way into most bars too. Absinthe is a sippin' drank. I'd never leave the first bar to bring out the cold water fountain and the spoon, do the whole magnificent preparation instead of just pouring a sugar packet into the glass and stirring. A proper preparation is like a proper Guinness pour. Magic.

You hot, green, drunk bitch.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Before this argument starts, nobody was getting high off anything but the enormous alcohol content. The active "hallucinogenic" ingredient is all bologna. People simply drank the shit until they fucked themselves up irrevocably.

9. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

YEAH I GOT DRUNK AND STARTED GRILLING VEGETABLES WHAT OF IT?!?!?

[​IMG]

10. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Driving home tonight I got pulled over for a 73 in a 55 and I had a recently expired license. I got a written warning. How the hell? Do I go buy a lottery ticket tonight?

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

-"All right buddy, where's the fire?"

-"In your gorgeous eyes, officer!"

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good lord, am I actually drinking white wine? I'd say it's a tragedy but at least I'm drinking.

13. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if it was just drunk or the rumored hallucinigenic effect, but Absinthe gave me strangest, most wonderful feeling. Sadly, I can't remember what type it was.

And what is this correct way of drinking that you speak of? We bought it on a whim and basically just drank it straight (started as shots but then realized I liked the taste and made it a sipping drink, then realized that I had probably burned off the skin in my esophagus so I didn't know the difference)

14. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was totally unaware that you were any given woman in any given American network sitcom. Crazy.

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Well, we know Real Time with Bill Maher is actually live. Some dude is going nuts in the audience and has stopped the whole panel. One of the members just turned to another and said, "Does this happen all the time?" Awesome.

16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chill ice water. Get your glass, lay the spoon over it with a sugar cube on top. Pour absinthe over the cube (1.5 ounces at least), light the cube on fire without lighting the booze in the glass. Let it caramelize. Pour the ice water over slowly until the sugar dissolves (2-1 ratio). Stir with the spoon until dissolved. Repeat until everything tastes like licorice. Watching the louche is awesome. The liquid turns milky as clouds billow up in the glass.

Absinthe is like gin drunk, but quicker.

17. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has security removed him? Or did they realize that it was going to be much more entertaining that way?

18. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks CharlesJohnson. Next time I get my hands on some absinthe, I will see if I am even capable of following those instructions. And now I feel that I have to go try a gin drunk

so in another thread somebody mentioned a Vegas thread on here. I have been been poking around, but haven't found it yet (mostly because I am half drunk and find myself revisiting some old favorites, like The Beard Thread instead of doing a full on effective search). Can anybody find it quicker than I can.

19. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

They eventually did - I think the guy was screaming "Get your hands off me!!!" at the end of it - but it went on for long enough that even Maher said that he might have to go into the crowd and remove the guy himself.

20. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Strange. I'm looking forward to watching it online. Was the dude trying to make some sort of political statement or was he just unhinged in general?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.