Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Avatar sending people insane(er)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LessTalk MoreStab, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    The kids that adamantly believe Digimon to be real never get old.

I find it amusing how they mock the possible existence of a Dragon Ball Z universe

GOKU MOWED MY FUCKING LAWN LAST WEEK, SUCK ON THAT UNBELIEVERS

2. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone should email this chick and pretend they're a dark digimon.

Edit: I just looked at the DBZ link Allord posted and found this. Seriously, what is wrong withh people.

3. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well there is some hope for these people:

edit: spoiler tags added to protect the sanity of the unsuspecting.

#23 Celos, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think we all know where this is headed.

[​IMG]

5. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So I'm bored at work and did a quick google search for dark digimon lords and created a gmail account using one of the names, sent her an email saying simply "Stop trying to crossover" then deleted the account so if she replies she'll get a mailer-daemon message saying the account doesn't exist.

I hope she posts her evidence.

6. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I opened the spoiler tag, and didn't even have to play the video. I am still trying to wrap my fragile little mind around how someone can be so obsessed with a fake thing anyways.

Don't people stalk celebrities anymore? At least that relationship that you have with Megan Fox might be real...at least she is an actual person.

#26 M4A1, Jan 14, 2010
  7. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Seriously people, Jesus Christ.

#27 WASPnest, Jan 14, 2010
  8. no use for a name

no use for a name
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Whatever dude, I would totally bang that main alien chick with the dreads. And I'm not lonely - I saw the movie with my hot girlfriend, and totally party with all my cool friends on the reg...

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a feeling this type of shit would happen. Im with the people in question why anyone would go this far for a movie who's plot is insanely weak. At least other followings like Star Wars had a complex set of story lines, even if they too were retreads of over used story lines. You can't create a story with blue fairies with out getting the Magik The Gathering and LARPing folk all riled up. From what I've heard Cameron is a huge anime/manga fan himself. This avatar website actually made my schools paper.

10. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    I see what you did there.

No, people are obsessed with a LOT of fake things, not even just religious ones. Nationalism is a good example of another. Who would have thought imaginary lines drawn on a map could cause so much death and destruction? And how the particular side of that line you lived on could fundamentally change your humanity in the eyes of those on the other side of the line?

It's just when it's a movie that is so obviously fake to so many the situation is extremely apparently recognizable and easy to ridicule by those not caught up in it. This is just the expression of a bug in human nature becoming apparent, but unfortunately even though the rest of us can recognize their flawed perceptions it is far more difficult to recognize our own, especially when everyone around us has the same flaw.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worst part is that somehow tall blue Sigourney Weaver was way hotter than the real life Sigourney Weaver ever was.

12. SaintBastard

SaintBastard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

WOW

We had a girl on my floor during college who had gone from a very decent looking freshmen to looking like a furry cyclops with three stomachs and half a uterus in about the period of a year because of WOW. The one time that I saw the inside of her dorm room it was littered with greasy boxes of deceased takeaways strewn across the floor like a McDonald's sponsored elephant's graveyard.

According to her, all you need is food, air and WOW. The more the better.

I guess I get it. Outside, she was an outcast, the kind of creature that belongs in a ruined castle on a stormy night as peasants march upon it armed with torches and pitchforks. But on some remote WOW server, she is an Elvin warrior princess, spiritual leader and hero. Goddess, wordsmith, sexual piranha. Beats reality, eh?

13. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Why does anyone act surprised or shocked at all by this behavior? So these people are unhappy or dissatisfied with their real lives and choose to obsses with an imaginary world of a movie. Well people have used drugs and booze to escape from their real lives for as long as drugs and booze have been around, so what's the difference?

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The difference is drugs (some of the the time) and booze are cool, and can lead to awesome things. The other leads to dying alone. So, would you rather run with Rudolph or live on the Island Of Misfit Toys?

That is your difference, my friend.

15. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Yeah, I just don't get it. How did we (as a culture) decide that a methhead with no job who leeches off his friends, family, and social services is higher up in the social hierarchy than a normal guy leading a normal life who happens to play a MMO, RPG, or other "nerd" activity?

16. Dufresne

Dufresne
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

That girl might be catering to the fanbase, without being one of them. She does a whole series of "makeup tutorials" on YouTube; I know because my roommate watches all of them and finds them hilarious. Probably saw the desperate, depressed freaks as an opportunity for page hits.

Wait, I just realized I'm defending a fat person on the Idiot Board. AAAAA KILL IT WITH FIRE AND WATCH IT MELT! That's better.

#36 Dufresne, Jan 15, 2010
  17. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I think you're missing the point. At the risk of having Crown Royal swoop out of the rafters and claw my hair, I'll venture a guess that he was implying this:

As a society, we place value on social interaction, social skill and the actual experience of living. You avoided his examples when you said a "normal guy with a normal life who likes [online gaming]." That's not what's being discussed.

It's entirely possible to be a drugged-out addict and still be highly functioning and social, thus 'normal.' However, if you are a person who lives through a fake world, glued to your computer screen and has to come up with coping tools to deal with the depression you feel that said fake world does not exist, well...you're not the 'normal guy with the normal life who likes gaming,' then, are you?

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You see, this is why I like using brackets. It's so people can maybe have a grain of salt to wash down my opinions (or anyone else's on here). I don't know about you, but I don't know any cool methheads, crack smokers are stupid beyond belief and I don't know ANY so-called "normal people" that are into role playing games. Most RPG fanatics I have met in my life usually kept in shape by dining on fast food at least once a day, chose Jolt Cola over drinking with friends at parties and yelled weird shit at the screen the last time I saw a Star Trek movie in the theatre (Never again. NEVER FUCKING AGAIN).

So if that's normal, then excuse myself while I go yell at buildings, collect plastic bags and jerk off in the middle of a busy intersection while screaming at pedestrians about Jesus through a bullhorn with the other hand.

...and Dc001, I could never stay mad at you but thank you for validating what I meant.

19. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Well, on the bright side you'd be on a higher cultural rung than the methed-out junkie and the Avatar depressive.

20. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That video was hilarious.

"You see those lines on their faces? Well it represents something different for everyone, and in this case it'll represent how many times I said I'm a virgin."

"I feel so one with the people now."