Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Auld Lang Syne

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Dec 27, 2010.

1. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

OK, TiBitches, that sentimental sap-fest known as Christmas is finally over. Now we begin the week-long vigil that leads up to a weekend much better than the last: no elaborate dinners to cook up, no boring events, no family drama. Just partying. It's like a teen sex comedy. Given that the world has a little less than two years left before it is destroyed by vengeful Mayan gods, we'd better get to it.

FOCUS 1: What are your NYE plans?
    FOCUS 2: Tell us about awesome NYEs of the past!
    ALT FOCUS 2: Tell us about shitty NYEs of the past!

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nothing. I like to do nothing on New Years.

I spent years working in night clubs as a DJ and in bands, and have quickly learned to hate the fact that it is, for the most part, a night of babysitting amateur wannabe drinkers.

At most, I like to have a small, quiet, intimate dinner with friends. Some good food, nice wine, maybe a cigar or two. Good company and conversation.

Never understood the appeal of paying huge cash for cheap cheese and cold cut platters and even cheaper champagne.

Thus year I'll be serenading the fish in my lake with my newly acquired bagpipes.

Some lite drinking might also be in order.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Friend has his birthday on NYE, this year is his 30th. No idea what we're doing yet, but last year we had dinner at a hibachi place (they are really good in CT) and went back to his place, I am anticipating something similar. It was so-so overall, I liked the fact that we didn't go to a bar, but they just ended up playing Rock Band which was pretty lame. We watched the ball drop, told everyone we were exhausted, went back to another friend's place and got obliterated.

Oh and I am getting rid of this stupid fucking signature and avatar.

Focus 2: This, my favorite new years so far was 2008/2009. Just me and the GF in our PJ's watching movies, having tons of sex and eating Chinese food. It was fucking FREEZING out and all the idiot fuckwits in Boston were paying $50 covers to get into overcrowded bars to wait over an hour to be served even more overpriced booze than usual. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the thought process that must go into thinking this is a good idea for anyone over the age of 23. And I am only giving people under 23 a pass because you're all fucking idiots anyway, not because it's a good idea at that age.

Alt Focus 2 (sorta): Pre-gamed at a buddy's place and went into Boston for the fireworks. The show kicked ass but trying to get around was a disaster, my friend who was hosting earlier was fucking hammered and it took forever for him to figure out how to get us back home (this was before I lived in Boston). Three of us almost got arrested for public urination (no bathrooms to be found) and my other friend's now ex was blacked out and trying to pick fights with random people. Easily the highlight of the night was taking swigs from a water bottle full of rum while passing out in front of the tv watching Blues Brothers when we got back. It really wasn't all bad and we have some funny stories from it, but we all agreed to never try it again.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FOCUS 1: What are your NYE plans?

Havent made them yet. Probably hit up the dive bar I've become a hardcore local at.

FOCUS 2: Tell us about awesome NYEs of the past!

The past two years have seen a trip to BCS Bowls. The Sugar Bowl in New Orleans last year and The Orange Bowl in Miami the year before that. Last year was crazy as I blacked out partying all around the French Quarter. I dropped my phone in a toilet and ruined it and ripped my jeans clear up to my thigh. I cooled off a bit the next day and was only mildly coherent to see Tim Tebow spank the shit out of us. In Miami I ended up at a bar that was having a Bearcats party. I ran into dozens of people I had known through out college as well as a bunch of people from high school, kind of surreal. Still I had a fucking blast ringing it in with everyone. I got up at 10 am and started pounding the shit out of some booze all day and passed out for 3/4ths of the game and had a dozen or so people take pictures next to my comatose body. I apparently didnt miss much of a game.

Ive done the expensive hotel party thing one year in Chicago and Ive done the low key party at my house. Both times were great. It's been a while since I remember having a truly shitty new years.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I try not to make too big a deal about New Years because too man people make SUCH A BIG DEAL over it. Nowadays I go to Oshawa (about a 2.5 hour drive away) every year to see a close friend of mine and his band play. He's an ex-rock star and completely insane, and is always fun to hang around.

6. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A bunch of my college buddies from around the country are flying into New York and I'm going up there to join them. They've decided they want to go to some massive hipster party in Brooklyn, so I started growing a scraggly mustache and shrinking my jeans. My only concrete plan apart from getting totally shitty before going anywhere involves leaving all credit cards at home so I only regret whatever I do for however long my hangover lasts.

If I were to plan NYE, I'd stay home with a small group and get absolutely wasted, but I can be social if it means spending time with some friends I'll get to see once every year or two from here on out.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Focus: New Years is my least favorite holiday, nevertheless I still end up going to some party somewhere. This year my group of 15 or so friends that I usually hang out with are all going to the Fiesta Bowl in Arizona. Im moving this week and bought all new furniture and am now cash poor. The girl and I are considering doing something low key with the other 5 or 6 people that arent going. Were considering making reservations at a nice restaurant and then doing some classy drinking at my new place.

Focus 2: Last New Years we went to a friends party he was having for all of us at his parents house, it was a great time. It was also the last time I smoked weed (never a big smoker anyway) and I got pretty fucked up. I actually dont mind that Im doing the opposite this year and just having a nice enjoyable night out with my girl and a few friends; damn I feel old now. No offense Nettdata...

8. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What am I doing this NYE?

Skeet shooting, fireworks, bonfire and booze.

What the fuck else is there do to?

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This thread always amazes me. People call it ameture hour, etc.

Listen up drunks of the world- This is the one night per year when it is socially acceptable to get so drunk you puke on yourself. You owe it to yourself to get blacked out and do something dumb.

What are my plans? I am going out to a nice dinner with my girlfriend, then heading to a fancy downtown hotel for hours of champagne and sexy time. I think I'm a sell out.

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you aware of of St. Patrick's day? It's warmer and it's not at all frowned upon to be doing car-bombs with breakfast.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And that is EXACTLY why I stay home and away from the fucktards that do this. Why the fuck would I want to be part of your drunk pukefest?

Been there, done that.

12. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think new years is the dumbest fucking holiday ever invented. Hey, lets celebrate the 365th day of the earth going around the sun! Yipeee! Isn't every day potentially new years day? On January 2nd isn't it the 365th day the earth went around the sun since last January 2nd and on and on. Other than the fact that the calendar changes, depending upon which one you're using, it's pointless.

Focus: We have no plans, or the same plans we have every year. Relax, watch T.V. until we get tired, and go to bed.

13. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It just means you aren't a real drunkard. There is nothing wrong with not being a true alcoholic. We all know your real plans. You will be sitting at home masturbating to pictures of Steve Jobs on your over sized iPhone. Assuming your cell tower got fixed that is.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

A "real" drunkard wouldn't be caught dead celebrating New Years Eve. Only wannabe posers will be out packing the bars and paying stupid cash for crap food and noise makers.

Again, amateur hour.

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And you've probably got your favourite TapOut shirt all picked out and everything, I bet...

17. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last year I stayed home with my family, which sounds boring and sad on my part, but in reality we got rightfully shitfaced playing poker then stood out in the snow for one of the coolest fireworks displays ever. If you ever get a chance, I recommend watching fireworks while its snowing. They are completely silent and make the snow glow.

This year, a guy I have been flirting with since I was 16 but have never been in a situation where sex was an option is coming home on leave from the Navy. Apparently he has a hotel room and few other friends. I plan on fucking his brains out.

18. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

For the second year in a row, my family is renting out the lodge and a couple of cabins out in the woods at this place. Last year was a blast- we did a cochon de lait, shot clays, rode trails on fourwheelers, shot fireworks by the lake, got drunk, all the good stuff.

This year is going to be a little different though. We also invited my fiance's family and a few friends to stay with us. And a preacher. The fiance and I figured that since we would have most of the people who are close to us together there anyway, why not just go ahead and make the day a little extra special?

So yeah, I'm getting married this Friday. A pretty nice way to bring in the New Year, I think.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Best. New. Years. Ever.

And it's easy to remember the anniversary, too, you sly dog you.

Let's just hope there's no porch on the cabin.

20. Noahh

Noahh
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Worst NYE: 2006, just turned 21 and spent the evening running around Iraq playing Army.

Best NYE: Last year, vacation in Costa Rica. Apparently this is where hot, slutty Canadian women like to spend their winters.

Overall I'm with Nettdata on this one. This is the holiday for people who only get drunk when they think it's socially acceptable.