Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Atlanta Meetup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zzr, May 8, 2017.

1. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone interested in meeting up sometime in Atlanta? There are quite a few people near Atlanta on this board, and it's an easy flight from most places for those further away. We can decide the details based on who's interested in coming, and I'd be glad to help plan something.

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If y'all do have a meetup, please don't ruin this place by constantly talking about it on the Drunk Thread, or making references to it in other threads that no one but the meetup members will get, like the New York TiB members did.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that's the exact point.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Atlanta is not the city I intend to die in.

5. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What is it about Atlanta? An old friend from childhood lives there. One of my mom friends moved there. And there are several people from another message board that also live there.

I went there last summer with my kid and it was nice. Have fun if y'all decide to meet up!

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Dixie brings up a fair point. The last meet-ups, except for the NY one maybe, all sounded awkward as hell. And I remember there being some bizarre drama at the Toronto one? I dont remember how many there were.

Good luck if you can pull it together, @zzr. Back them most of the board members (many more than now) were in there 20s. Now everyone is older and has a family and might not be so apt to meet up with internet strangers. But hey, have at it.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Does anyone else remember the TMMB Chicago meet up in '03 or '04? It was an absolute shit show on the board.

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just went back and read that thread. Apparently Crown Royal accidently told someone not to attend. They got upset. Angel was weirded out that people talked about seeing her tits before they knew about her. Crown is the only active board member still involved.

What happened to everyone? If you go back to the NYC ones, Audrey is the only one still around. It's almost like a meetup means the end of the members.

9. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Clearly they were all killed by Angel and Audrey. One can only guess at the depths of depravity that occurred at these fateful meetings that these two women would be driven to murder to keep their secrets...

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I want to be a fly on the wall so that I can watch the hook-ups and bitch slaps!

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I imagine a meet-up being the equivalent of being in a club, sober, at the end of the night, when the lights come up.

It's like seeing how hot dogs are made... just don't... just enjoy the dog.

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've met folks from the TMMB, but only individually over a beer. I'm a stones throw from NYC and thought about going to that meet up, but couldn't figure out how to explain to my wife that I was going alone into the city to meet some people from a message board, who I had never told her about, that included a hot single chick and a bi dude. This is a young folks game.

Atlanta is great. I've spent a lot of time down there- enjoyed the golf, restaurants, bars, concerts, and knocking some guys tooth out after a wild car ride.

Hope you have fun if you pull it off.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Add a couple rhythmic pauses, a few more words that rhyme, and you've just written the TiB Meetup theme song.

14. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I've met three people from the board in real life, ironically one in Atlanta.

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I don't know, I still talk to the people from the NYC meetup all day every day, ended up living with one of them (two if you count the larger group it grew into) and we all went to one of the member's weddings together, so, I think that one went pretty well. I've met about twenty members I think, maybe even more, and out of that there were only two I didn't like while the majority of them led to some pretty awesome things. I never quite understood the stigma.

Who did you think was bi?

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's just something odd about the first sentence you ever say to another human being in person being "So, I've seen your butthole."

17. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I don't know, I guess I've grown used to it.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this the Atlanta Meetup thread or the New York Meetup reunion? Did one of you bring the yearbook?!