Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ask the Audience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Oct 15, 2010.

?

Who would be the most interesting Ask a X subject?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2010.
  1. Bartender/Bar Manager

16 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Waiter

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. An Ex-Pick-Up Artist

55 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Female Body-Piercer/Tattoo Artist

53 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Consultant who Evaluates and Improves Workplace Safety

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. Ex-Call-Center Rep

7 vote(s)
    3.5%
  7. Bouncer

34 vote(s)
    16.8%
  8. Rugby Player

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  9. Somebody Homeschooled through Age 16

42 vote(s)
    20.8%
  10. Farmer

14 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. Burger Joint Manager

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
  12. Survivor of a Deadly Childhood Disease

15 vote(s)
    7.4%
  13. High School Teacher of At-Risk Students

45 vote(s)
    22.3%
  14. None of the Above

19 vote(s)
    9.4%
  15. Frylock is Hawt

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok. I'll bite. How did you get your hand stuck in a milkshake machine? I'm imagining this really consternated look on your face as you debate sticking your hand into a running machine filled with deadly ice cream. You know you shouldn't, but the neurons aren't firing. Plus, isn't the machine a thin pestle gyrating slowly? Did you ever know anyone that lost a limb at DQ? How often was someone sent to the hospital? Is the new Scab Shake as good as I hear?

Fuck all this. Let's do an "Ask A Fast Food Worker Thread". I've already got a dozen questions.

2. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think the GED covers typing skills...

3. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the "ask a homeschooler" wins, I have someone who can do it. My roommate was homeschooled until high school, and he has plenty of interesting stories. Coming from an extremely Christian family with two autistic siblings kind of lends itself to that, though. He actually turned out pretty well adjusted, so I mean if you're expecting some crazy Jesus-freak discussion this ain't it.

4. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

All the options represent people who have volunteered already. As always, if you know someone with a really unusual hobby, lifestyle, or profession, have them PM me.

5. Tyty

Tyty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm not really sure what questions we really could have for bouncers/bartenders, besides being in close quarters with a lot of drunken idiots what else is really going on there? (I've been a bouncer so maybe it just is not very interesting to me) Though there could be a few good stories, so why not just have a "Crazy stories working at a bar" thread? Especially if we have a few of them.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the homeschooler and teacher could be interesting. If the person was homeschooled because their parents are crazy religious, or some other odd reason it would be interesting. If they were homeschooled simply because the parents lacked faith in the public school systems, there might not be much more to discuss other than 'I hear ya.' Sadly, I haven't had any jobs that would fit a thread topic. I work in mortage and the rest are just stupid summer jobs from when I was in college. I worked with mentally disabled people for a couple months, but most of that was more depressing than funny.

For those who offered up waiter and burger joint manager, you can't seriously think your job is fascinating. If people were really interested, they'd go apply. Bar manager sounds like it could be a fun job, but again, not much to discuss.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, the "ask a middle-aged white dude" is out then?

8. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would volunteer for an "ask a gamer nerd" thread, but no one wants to hear about my days playing lots of WoW and Halo and masturbating furiously.

9. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Go on...

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whore? They pay you now? Movin' on up!

I voted at-risk children, mostly because I have a slight career interest in it, and thus plenty of questions.

11. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A homeschooled kid who's volunteering to discuss their experiences here? I lean towards a high probability of fucked up.

12. untouchable

untouchable
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I would choose the Ask a former PUA.

I know that Tynan, who was featured in the book The Game (haven't read it but I think that's the one he was in), has been on the Tucker Max Idiot Board before, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who offered to speak about his craft. If so, I think he'd be really interesting. He has a great blog, one of my absolute favorites on tynan.net . Not sure if this is the guy you were referring to for the potential Ask a PUA thread, but I guarantee he would be one of the most interesting people to come to this board.

13. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I want to hear from this weirdo who thinks alcohol is scary too. Oh no, people act different when they drink or smoke pot.

14. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, seriously. I really don't care if he does or doesn't drink, but his rationale for not doing so is... pretty retarded.

15. Cubix

Cubix
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Ask a door to door salesman. I have the best lose-your-virginity story of anyone I've ever met.

16. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If this is accurate, I legitimately want to read this thread too.

Right after tattoo artist and bouncer. Them first, then this.

17. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe people are voting for "ex-pick up artists", with all the young Tucker wannabe's on the board there will be more comments and advice than questions. How do you truly verify that guy anyway? Unless we can confirm it's Neil Strauss or mystery I have no interest.

I have been a bouncer and I can tell some good stories so if we have one who bounced at a legit big time bar or club I would love to hear about it. Being American I'm very interested in the Rugby player as well, as long as he has an impressive resume. I don't want to hear from the guy who played on his college club team in the U.S.

The childhood illness one really has my interest I think that would be a great forum. Anyone who had to face death so young should have a pretty interesting view on life.

18. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd bet he'd be really horny.

19. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That aside, I think the guy would definitely have some cool stories and an interesting outlook on things. Last time I checked he had basically put PUA to the wayside to focus on Life Nomadic, his travel blog / movement / whatever.

20. Rick M

Rick M
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I voted the ex-PUA and the teacher of at risk students.

I'm guessing the ex-PUA is bl1y, and he usually has interesting things to say, so i think that'd make for an enjoyable topic, and I like the teacher idea due to the funny that was the old Tard Blog on Rudius.