Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ask a Stripper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

To the doubters: this person did not show up out of the blue and I have no reason to believe that this is not legitimate. If your skepticism still will not be assuaged please feel free to spend your energy writing a funny and/or insightful post in one of our other high-quality threads.

2. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You have that option. If you don't know what song you want to dance to, they'll pick something out for you. When I first started, I asked them to pick out songs for me. They chose "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and "Hot For Teacher." After the first month this got really old, so I started doing some stripper music research. Over the years I've done some Brittany Spears (I'm a red-head, so I wasn't doing the impersonator thing), a little Maroon 5 (which if you listen close, they are sexier than you think), one month I did "Down in Mexico" by the coasters after watching death proof. I try to change my character every once in awhile. It keeps the job interesting.

3. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My roommate just showed me where you guys can leave me secret messages, and I want to reply to some of those. First of all, thank you all for welcoming me so warmly. That's super sweet. But there is one message I want to address. Please don't take your little girls out of dance class just because I'm a stripper. Yes, a lot of us turn to stripping. But it's only because auditioning to be a backup dancer is more degrading than stripping. It's a total cattle call. Even to perform on Broadway you feel like just a number.

Most little girls take dance classes and go on to be awesomely successful, graceful women. Plus, a lot of girls who do go to a dance academy go on to be major players in dance companies. I made a little mistake and became a stripper. While it happens a lot, there are also millions of little girls who don't strip.

4. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What did you do to get kicked out of school/the dance company?

5. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was dating my couples partner and he cheated on me, so I trashed his dorm room and got expelled.

6. JC62

JC62
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I know at some establishments the dancer have to pay the house in order to have the "privilege" to dance and then they get to keep the tips. Is this the case with you or are you payed an hourly wage plus tips?

7. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

10% of our tips go to the house after $200. If you work an eight hour shift and don't make $200, you get to keep it all because it was such a slow night. I have never made less than $200 a night.

8. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You know a stripper will have sex with you when she stops stripping and starts being a prostitute.

9. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How many days/hours per week do you work? Do you have any other jobs? Are you going to class or anything or just this?

10. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this one stripper likes me. Like LIKE likes me.

What can I buy her besides latex and water-based lubricants?

11. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The days change from week to week, but I usually go in at about 5 p.m. and stay until anywhere between 2-4 am. I work 2 week days and either Friday or Saturday.

Stripping is my major job, but I also make jewelery on the side and get a settlement check every couple of months from when I got hit by a car as a kid.

I keep myself on a pretty tight budget, and I have a couple thousand dollars in my saving account. My roommate's boyfriend is an accountant and according to him if I quit stripping when I'm 30, and I keep saving like I have been, I should be set for life as long as the jewelery sells well enough and I keep getting the settlement checks.

I know this is super anti-feminist, but I feel like if I ever get married, I'll be able to quit before I'm 30 and let a guy take care of me for awhile.

12. red

red
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Please elaborate on getting hit by a car when you where a kid. What exactly happened? Do you have injuries that affect your stripping?

13. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

The movie just got even more exciting.

14. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

To answer both of the above questions. Strippers are people too. There is nothing sexier than treating a stripper like she's any other girl. You want to sleep with her, treat her like a human being. You want to buy her a present, find out what she's interested in and go from there.

Seriously fellas, just because I take my top off for money doesn't mean I'm different from any other girl. I go on hikes, hang out with friends, and go out to the bar to relax. I like to do crossword puzzles on Sunday morning.

15. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was crossing the street at the crest of a hill and the person behind the wheel didn't see me. I broke my leg in three places. I'm fully healed now, but I get money from the insurance company.

16. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Do you live in a trailer? AKA a "mobile home?"

17. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a pretty open ended question, but are there any sort of trade secrets that us normal folk don't know about? Do you use chalk powder to grip the poll better? Naming rituals for new girls? Secret hand signals to tell other girls that a specific guy is drunk and loaded?

And more specifically, it's common to hear that strippers are exploited, but also the rebuttal that they're the ones who leave with the money at the end of the day, and it's the lonely guys who can't get action anywhere else who are really being exploited. Do you ever feel like the customers or the owners are taking advantage of you? Do you ever think you're getting paid too much for what you do? Or does it feel more like a fair exchange?

18. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

No. I live in apartment with a roommate.

19. CandyCane

CandyCane
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

We use baby powder to keep out hands dry on the pole. There are millions of make up secrets. The cotton ball is your best friend when you're on your period. Guys get a special drink cup when they are too drunk. The bartender gives them whatever they ordered, but without the alcohol and puts it in a particular cup. It's easier than cutting him off.

I've been doing this for 4 years, and I've never felt exploited. On the other hand, I totally think it's a fair trade because I'm creating a fantasy. One example of my possible exploitation, I take full advantage when I see a "too drunk cup." The more you drink at a strip club, the more money you let go of.

20. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This script is practically writing itself. The accident led you to use heroin first ostensibly to mask the physical pain you put your body through as you tried to bring urban latino rhythm to the world of ballet then ultimately the emotional pain having your dream crushed by the Head ballet teacher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.