Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

As Pure as the Driven Snow...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I was on cracked.com today during lunch, and one of the articles in the feed at the bottom was entitled, "15 Celebrity Virgins! Celebs who are waiting or waited until marriage."

The weird thing was that fully 1/4 of those listed are "Born Again" virgins. Of course I can't find the article again, but here's one of the ones who was noted:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainmen ... claim_that

*disclaimer - I had never heard of that guy until this article, so "celebrity" means different things to different people.

My thought was, "WHAT. THE. FUCK." You can't "reclaim" your virginity. You either are, or are not a virgin, right? How is this even a thing?

Focus: Is it possible or relevant to become a "born again virgin?"

Alt Focus: Any amusing virginity stories, I suppose. And even born-again ones count.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know how long this thread will last before the religion bashing begins, hell I may start it off.

Once you fuck someone, that's it, game over. You are no longer a virgin in any sense of the word.

If you want to become born again, more power to you, this is America and I'll support your right to do it. However I'll also be questioning your motives, there are guys in prison who are born again and consider all the crimes that put them in the joint to be wiped clean like they never happened.

Recommitted to God or however being born again happens is a very fucking convienant loophole that early on put me off religion.

I know guys and girls alike that fucked all through college and then become "born again" for a variety of reasons, the common theme though seems to be making themselves feel better, making the fiancé feel better or various family pressures.

A guy back home is born again, he's also the same guy I watched fuck a prostitute at a bachelor party while doing a line off of her tits. Buts it's all ok now that he decided none of that counts.

3. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I dated an "Evangelical Christian". We had sex. His justification was that it was ok for him to have premarital sex since he hadn't been "saved" yet. A few months later, he dumped me because Jesus told him I wasn't "the one".

Even the hot guys can be crazy, kids.

4. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Just to jump in here...the focus is on born again virgins, not born again Christians.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's called celibacy and it's nothing new, unless you want to give it a self-righteous-sounding spin with "born again" part.

I'm sure there's some out there who are genuine with their intentions and I respect that, but someone who will be on The Bachelor? Gimme a break.

6. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm guessing girls who would call themselves born-again virgins would fall under the same category as butt sluts. You know, those girls that only have anal because that way, they can still consider themselves a virgin.

Like what katokoch said, it's called celibacy. You call it anything else, you're lying to yourself.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never known one that wasn't the other, not saying it doesn't happen just in my experience they follow hand in hand.

If you want to be celibate than great, it's the born again part that has a religious connotation to it, at least for me.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, this always goes hand in hand. The person will justify it with religious or "spiritual" reasons. No one sees the need to be a born again virgin unless a "higher power" is judging them for it.

Sean Lowe is from the Bachelor DCC. An American TV show on ABC (Disney) in which a guy gets flown to a mansion in California, with 27 women presented to him, all of them psychopaths in their own right who believe they will find love on this show. Its basically a round by round elimination until he is down to 3. Then he sleeps with all three of them, eliminates one, then has to pick between two at a wedding altar, then proposes to the final one. This takes place over like 3 months.

Hence the need to come out with the "born again virgin" because he wants to be special to his wife, even though he just made out with 20 something women, and fucked three in a "fantasy suite" to see if they're the right one.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know lots of people that are born again Christians and not born again Virgins. They are all married.

This is all a battle of semantics. As mentioned above it is just a new spin on being celibate. I know some people that did this leading up to their wedding because a priest/preacher told them to. Apparently it makes your marriage more special. I did not practice this with my wife. We still had a special wedding day.

I'm not sure what the technical definition of a virgin is, but I'm guessing you can't undo it to yourself. You can make yourself look better to your church family, and possibly make yourself feel better on the inside. In the end isn't that what life is all about? Making yourself feel happy? I'm not sure how going without sex could make you happy. To each their own.

10. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A girl I once dated told me she was a born again virgin because she had not had sex in over 60 days. I really didn't care and tried successfully to put an end to her streak.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: No. I don't really see what there is to talk about here other than the board members echoing each other. If you think being a born again virgin is going to make you a better person your sense of moral values is pretty much fucked. If someone just wants to do it to make their wedding night feel more special that's pretty damn weird, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't remember ever meeting anyone who called themselves a born again virgin. I've met a lot of born again Christians, and some of them probably had that tacked on, but they were much more interested in talking about bible quotes and their terrible, terrible sins. Awkward.

12. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: Basically, once it's gone to my mind it is gone forever. No surgery of 'repairing' your hymen, a baptism to 'regain your purity' is going to fix that. Also, anyone else reminded of that King of the Hill episode?

http://kingofthehill.wikia.com/wiki/Luanne_Virgin_2.0

13. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I've heard and used the term "born again virgin" as a joke, but I didn't realize that people actually think this is a thing. If you think you can fuck someone and then act like it doesn't count because of guilt, you're seriously misguided.

14. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friend's vey conservative catholic mother came across a condom in her trash can, and implored her to become a born again virgin. She responded by saying "mom, once you pop the fun don't stop!" And was then grounded for approximately one million years.

15. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt-focus: There's a good chance my mom still thinks I'm a virgin. I think my (very conservative Catholic) parents talked to me about sex once or twice in high school, emphasis on just don't do it 'til you're married!! Great strategy, yeah lasted a few years but was not so sustainable. Same goes for my girlfriend. I'd rather die than have my parents discover condoms in my possession. Then again there was the time my girlfriend and I were visiting her (very conservative Catholic) parents place and bought a big box of condoms, used one, and the box went missing out of the guest room the next day. Still have no clue who grabbed it, but it's always in the back of my mind when I'm there.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this somehow different that purchasing a World of Warcraft subscription? If so... how?

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My dad found a used rubber in my bedroom under the radiator when I was 17. He asked me about it and I told him some homeless guy must have broken into the house and left it there. He looked at me for a second and said, "So you fuck homeless guys?" and walked away. That was the last and only time Ive ever discussed sex with my parents.

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Unrelated to "born again virgins", but in line with the "parents maybe knowing you bang" concept, when we bought our house, my dad was carrying a duffel bag into the spare room which had been tucked into the back of the moving van - the duffel bag that contains all my sex toys. I was horrified that he was going to open it so I just grabbed it out of his hand and threw it in the spare closet. I shudder to think what would have happened if he'd unzipped that bag.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Angels Dad "Here sweetheart, you put on the strap-on and lets give it a go."

20. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Hey, your mom has been looking for one of these! She used to have one like it but it wasn't big enough."