Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Arrow

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Bundy Bear, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just watched the first episode and it's pretty fucking cool. It's based on the DC comics character Green Arrow and the first episode left me wanting to immediately watch the next one and blow off the things I was meant to be doing.

If the show continues to emulate how the first episode drew me in then I think it'll be a winner.

2. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I compare this show a lot to Smallville (both CW, both super heroes).

They took everything I disliked about Smallville and fixed it. No campiness, little bit darker, faster plot, etc.

It's not award winning TV by any means, but highly entertaining. If you liked Smallville, you'll defiantly like it.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe move this to the TV thread?

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just finished this show. It's pretty decent, for CW. The actors are not...great, the men are better at flexing, abs, and gymnastics than a believable presence, but the twists and turns are pretty fun. I don't know much about the comics, but this combines a lot of fun elements from some popular shows, so it's worth a watch. Here's hoping for season 2.