Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Archer: Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kratos, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"Look out for that Adolf Hitler, He's a bad egg"

These 3 special episodes are such a tease. But I shouldn't complain at least I get to see a couple before the new season.

2. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a fucking return to form. I haven't laughed this hard since the Skytanic episode. The whole Archer-Rip dynamic was great, and dare I say Ray is actually pretty funny when he's getting abused. The running tinnitus gag was pretty good too.

SKY-CAPTAIN OF YESTERYEAR!

3. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

wtf is going on with this show? I saw like 2 new episodes and then there has been nothing in months.

4. WWSwagger

WWSwagger
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So Season 3 premieres Thursday. I've not been able to find a thing on the 3 episode arc they showed in September. The official website doesn't list them and my program list for this week isn't showing that they're going to be re-run or anything. They weren't included with the Season 2 Blu-Rays.

Anybody know anywhere to watch these? Missed them the first time around and would really like to see them before the premiere.

5. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wikipedia has them listed as the first three episodes of season 3, so I assume they'll be included on that DVD. Aside from semi-legal streaming sites, you can rent them on Amazon.

6. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And if you're curious as to where Krieger's van art came from, it's from Rush's best album (go ahead, argue that's it's 2112 or Moving Pictures. You're wrong.):
    [​IMG]

7. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://1channel.ch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://1channel.ch</a>

8. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Does anyone else thought last night's episode was kind of......meh? It had a couple of decent moments, like the elevator scene, and Carol and Pam nailed their lines ("I could drown a toddler in my panties" was fucking hilarious). But the rest fell kind of flat. The 'laugh it up'-line wasn't really funny to begin with, and by now I've seen enough of Archer fainting at the idea of his mother having sex. Add that to the fact that Burt Reynolds, who relies more on charisma than his Shakespearian acting-chops, wasn't actually that good at voicing his character. It wasn't a bad episode per se, but it was just like one of those few other episodes in previous seasons that didn't quite work as well as the classic episodes.

By the way, shouldn't we start a new thread since, y'know, it's season three?

9. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Also, breaking the 4th wall: Not sure how I feel about that, usually it only works if it becomes a "thing" the way Family Guy does. Otherwise it's just a weird cheap moment.

anyway I still thought it was a funny episode, not great but a good start. looking forward to the rest. also, the thing seems way better animated overall.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The "drown a toddler" line was hysterical. I love her character for the jokes that are hilarious but make you squirm at the same time.

I'm a little tired of the "someone's boning Archer's mom and he gets grossed out and does something retarded" story line. There are a lot of funny things they could do with a super-spy (kidnapped by and getting high with Al-Quaeda and make them sound like Pakistan's version of NWA would be pretty legit, IMO) and the whole mother/father backstory is getting a little old.

I hope Burt Reynolds is in every episode, just make his part a little more funny. We get it, he's Burt Reynolds, he's awesome, now show him fuck a tub of butter at Mallory's apartment, or adding to Pam's tattoos or something...funny.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The writers have been sneaking in jokes about writing tropes since the beginning. Remember the time Archer found a grenade hanging from a lampshade? My favorite was the Chekhov gun that Woodhouse calls a "woefully esoteric" reference.

I liked last night's episode. Everything with the tiger was hilarious.

12. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At the end when Mallory is going off at everyone and Pam runs past in her underwear with all the darts hanging out of her back. Or Carol/Cheryl and Ray wheeling in naked with piss samples. Was a good episode.

13. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Excellent Ep.

In case anyone didn't catch it; John Paul Tremblay, Robb Wells and Mike Smith were voice guests. AKA: Julian, Ricky and Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Waiting for the torrent.

15. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy product placement Batman!

16. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Don't care. Fucking hilarious. Especially him screaming when the glove compartment opened to reveal a mini fridge.

17. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

This episode started off hilarious but then slowly became more and more boring. Hopefully next week is better.

18. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I literally have a boner for their ongoing literally/figuratively joke this season. Wait...

19. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was my favorite episode of the season. Krieger absolutely killed it.

20. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It looks like Gillette is walking in the preview for next week's episode. I was wondering how long it would take for them to remember that Krieger's secret project was the same cyborg stuff used to fix Barry.