Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"And it don't stop..." OFFICIAL Hip-Hop Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by clickclack, Oct 20, 2009.

1. The Wildcard

The Wildcard
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm really liking the Man on the Moon album by KID CUDI

2. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would just like to echo what you said about Eminem on that song. Just listened to it for the first time and holy shit...

To contrast, Lil' Wayne sounds like a retarded midget. Then again, that's what I've always thought Lil' Wayne sounded like.

3. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So I gave Creel my top 5. He gained some respect for Weezy. I showed my buddy who actually got me into Lil Wayne, he said he would not have picked any of the songs that I picked. So whatever, take it how you will.

My Top 5 Weezy Tracks:

1) Georgia Bush. Weezy talking about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Honestly one of his most coherent songs

2) Hustler Musik. Talking about the hustler lifestyle, honestly I hated this song for a while but once you give it a chance.

3) Shooter. Uh yeah not typical hard-core gangster rap. But honestly a fantastic song.

4) I Feel Like Dying. Uh yeah he drinks a shit ton of syrup, he smokes a lot of weed too. This is him talking about how he feels completely controlled by it sometimes. Great song to play for an addict.

5) TIE: I'm Me/Brand New. These songs are my favorite right now. I'm me, describes his mindset very clearly, while being a pretty slick flow too. Brand New is just Weezy going non stop.

Honorable Mentions: On My Own, A Milli, Fireman, and so many of his collaborations with Birdman.

If you haven't ever heard one of those tracks, give it one listen. That is all I ask.

4. charlieconway

charlieconway
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

1) bm jr
    2) shooter
    3) best rapper alive
    4) upgrade u freestyle
    5) run this town freestyle

His feature on the big tymers shine on is ridiculous as well.

5. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

WHAT?? You motherfuckers are on crack. Let the former RMMB Weezy expert/de-facto Hip-Hop thread ruler (aside from DCH) drop some knowledge.

1) Diamonds and Girls: The lyrics and flow on this track are amazing, but the subtext is even better; Weezy and one-time protege Curren$y go at each other on a track that was supposed to be for The Carter 3 is even better.

2) Gangsta's Don't Die Avoid the Birdman version.

3) Throw Some Key's On It "excuse me pardon/I break a bitch down like Tonya Harding" What more needs to be said.

4) I can't feel my face A syruped-out mess. This is Weezy at his finest, most drugged out.

5) Untie My Hands And now for something completely different...

6. Dingus

Dingus
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Diamonds and girls is in fact a pretty sick track, but it's mainly on the strength of Spitta. Who by the way is better than Wayne.

7. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Alright. I fucking hate posts like this. If you're going to say something, subjective as it may be, tell me WHY. Just telling me what you think saying doesn't contribute a god damned thing. If you have an opinion, fine...enlighten us all and tell us why you think Spitta is better than Wayne.

8. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

See Dubya, this is what I was saying. No content, but obviously by his 10 word post I totally understand why Spitta is way better than Wayne.

On a side note. Anyone else pick up Birdman's 'Priceless'? Picked it up a few days ago, if you like Drake or Weezy you will probably dig this album. Honestly, being Birdman's album at least one of those guys are on every one of his songs. I think it is a pretty solid album though. Any other thoughts?

The only thing that I can think of while listening to this album is this....

I only wish Spitta was on it, because obviously he is better than Wayne. Fuck.

9. Proverbs

Proverbs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Alright. Curren$y is a better rapper than Wayne. This is not hate towards Wayne, he's ridiculously talented and I agree with what everyone before has said about him. But Curren$y is just.. Curren$y is that dude. Suffice to say.

First off, and extremely importantly: Curren$y has real, authentic swag, Wayne just grabs for what he thinks the cool kids are doing. Wayne smashed through all sorts of drugs, rapping about coke, ecstasy, and weed before finally settling on cough syrup because it was the southern thing to abuse. Curren$y has always remained true to sweet, sweet marijuana. Wayne raps about Bugati's and Bentley's, Curren$y wrote basically a love song to an old school Monte Carlo. Curren$y rocks his own style, Converse high tops and shit, Lil Wayne started rocking a wack ass scarf after Jim Jones did. Max B on Scarfs. Guys, Curren$y has a line along the lines of “Playing Golden Eye on the Nintendo 64 saying 'they don't make em like this no more”

Next, Exhibit 1: The Life

Curren$y's flow is ridiculous. You can skip the Wiz Khalifa verse here (you'd be missing out though), but Curren$y just destroys this.

“But I wouldn't change it for nothing
    Sex money and drugs run ways sports cars and luggage”

Did he just flow that? Why yes, that's why they call him the Spitta.

Curren$y also does stream of consciousness random shit better. Lil Wayne gets a lot of cred for the surreal stuff, but keep listening to The Life

'Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Fly when I'm on the liquor
    The way of the samurai I got my chi centered
    Sharpest blade I got these bars laid'

Exhibit 2: Breakfast

You hear how Curren$y rides the beat? He even changes the pitch in his voice to match the beat. Without autotune. Who else does that? In an age where Drake, a talented hook and sometimes punch line writer who uses the same trick in every song (I can teach you how to speak my language... Rosetta Stone, Bout to set it off in this bitch... Jada Pinckett), has youtube commentors saying hes the best rapper ever, Curren$y has one of the few truly unique flows out there. If for some reason you don't know what I'm talking about, pay attention to the rhythmic shifts in his delivery.

'Illedgible letters in my ledger they can't read em' (damn)

'Smilin, money pilin, I'm cheesin'

Exhibit 3: She on my Mind
    & 1-800 RapHustlers

Curren$y can tell stories. He can talk about things without getting distracted, despite being constantly baked out of his head. He can write funny songs about real things that happened and somehow put an internet marketing strategy to music that countless Interscope A&R's haven't figured out how to make work.

---

Hope that clears some things up. If you still prefer Lil Wayne, then I guess you like him more, but I got the feeling that some people hadn't really given Spitta the look he deserves and felt that some education was in order.

De gustibus non est disputandum

10. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Devin > Wayne/Curren$y

#110 erk33, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. JR17

JR17
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Well T.I is back outta prison with his first new joint. Take a listen, not to bad.

#111 JR17, Apr 13, 2010
  12. mrwoliachi

mrwoliachi
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

TI has been consistent throughout his career so I'm excited to hear his new album. Another album that I'm hyped for is from Big Boi; every track from Sir Lucious Leftfoot has been ridiculous so far and Shutterbug blows them all away. The biggest surprise is that its produced by Scott Storch; who last I heard of was bankrupt and facing charges in Miami. Check it out.

#112 mrwoliachi, Apr 14, 2010
  13. mobkah20

mobkah20
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After announcing There is no Relapse 2 on Twitter last night, Eminem finally gave some news today and is coming out with "Recovery" set to be out June 22nd. I'm so excited for this after hearing all of his latest verses(The Warning, Drop the World, etc.) The only thing is I didn't see anything about any Dre production, but maybe that could be a good thing.

it's on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.2dopeboyz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.2dopeboyz.com</a> if you want to check out the full article.

14. Proverbs

Proverbs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

#114 Proverbs, Apr 14, 2010
  15. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

After much deliberation, I have decided.

I really do wish Spitta was on the new Birdman album, I wish that dude was still on Young Money. Dope.

In other worlds that Big Boi song is fucking fantastic, if you passed over it for any reason. Stop, go back, listen.

16. stcardsfan

stcardsfan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The new B.o.B. song f/ Eminem and Hayley Williams (Airplanes pt 2) leaked today.

This link still works: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.zshare.net/audio/75153898d6b47d1a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zshare.net/audio/75153898d6b47d1a/</a>

First listen: really liking it and Eminem rips his verse.

17. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eminem's verse reminded me of the Slim Shady LP ere Em. It seemed liked he was taking out his anger and frustration on that mic. Good stuff. I'm really looking forward to The Adventures of Bobby Ray. I loved the B.oB. vs Bobby Ray mixtape, if you haven't checked it out you should.

18. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you're not up on J. Cole, you need to be. He performed here at Howard on Wednesday with Wale. I'm excited here. Omen's verse on this track might be the realest thing I've heard in Hip Hop in the last 5 or 10 years.

I'm excited about the return of lyricism. I hope it spells an end to this bubblegum rap bullshit that Young Money is putting out. I am disappointed in Drake. I had such high hopes for him, he showed flashes of brilliance, but I knew it was only a matter of time that I was disappointed once he was signed by Young Money. It's just a plus that J.Cole comes from North Carolina.

#118 Dyson004, Apr 23, 2010
  19. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I like Wayne's older stuff. The last decent album he dropped was The Carter II, which was merely above average. My friend had Weezie playing and Wayne literally started rapping the
    alphabet. No sir. I cannot get down with that.

I quite understand what Lil Wayne has done to rap. He has lead the way for the commercialization of Rap which has contributed to the decline of lyricism and meaningful music. Lil Wayne actually used to make decent music (which I can say, my perception is skewed, my high school days coincided with Cash Money's prime and my memories might be distorting my views of the music.) Now? He promotes this bubblegum rap bullshit that has no meaning.

Weezy can die in a fire. Fuck the fireman.

20. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Can anyone help me find a decent download of Murs 3:16 the 9th Edition? I