Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

"And it don't stop..." OFFICIAL Hip-Hop Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by clickclack, Oct 20, 2009.

1. stcardsfan

stcardsfan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

DJ Wich's "What We Need" is one of my favorite hip-hop tracks of the past year or so. The song features Glasses Malone and Lil Wayne (who I normally don't like) but the Imogen Heap "Hide and Seek" sample is flipped beautifully (the same song J.R. Rotem used for Jason Derulo's "Watcha Say").

#41 stcardsfan, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Seriousam

Seriousam
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

3. mrwoliachi

mrwoliachi
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

til the casket drops is leaked on youtube - go find it

4. Dingus

Dingus
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

As a follow up to the above post, go listen to Showin' Out by The Clipse. Malice fucking kills it, as he seems to with every song off this album.

"They tell me rap changed, well I'm a have to let her. Common loved her, I wish I never met her."

Jesus fucking christ, Life Change. http://hypem.com/track/966250

5. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Totally worth the wait. I've only given it one listening but I'm liking it. The fact that quite a few songs leaked was a little disappointing in light of the fact that there's only 13 tracks on the album.

If you're expecting a follow-up to Hell Hath No Fury, or even the mixtapes, then don't. It's still coke-rap, but it's very grown up and introspective compared to their previous work. The anger is gone, and it feels like that their maturity and possibly, Malice's family life, has mellowed them both out, and allowed them to take a step back from the streets, and still put out a banging record.

Life Change is a summation of everything the album is about, but Showin Out is a throwback to their previous stuff.

6. mobkah20

mobkah20
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't think this has been posted here yet, but Eminem will be on Wayne's Rebirth with "Drop the World". I'm not too fond of Wayne but he is probably the biggest rapper out right now, and Eminem is just a god, so it should be pretty sick.

7. PenetrationStation

PenetrationStation
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

AoTP

I never saw this posted on the old hip hop discussion, where I got a lot of great suggestions. I hope this one lives up to the old 250 pager.

From wikipedia,

The original incarnation of the group included five MCs: Vinnie Paz, Chief Kamachi, 7L & Esoteric, Trip C and Bahamadia, along with JMT producer Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind.

The group wouldn't return until 2005, resurrected with its second incarnation, excluding Virtuoso and Bahamadia, and now featuring Paz, Kamachi, 7L & Esoteric, Outerspace, Apathy, Celph Titled, Reef the Lost Cauze, Des Devious, Faez One and King Syze.

Latest iteration of the group added former Jedi Mind Tricks member Jus Allah, Doap Nixon, Demoz and King Magnetic.

Yeah, that's a lot of names, but maybe you found someone in there whose verses have caught your attention at some point. I see some people in here liked the slaughterhouse album, who's collaborative style, back and forth verses, and wordplay I would liken to these guys. The Torture Papers is their best album, I think. These are two of my favorite tracks on the album.

Bloody Tears -

Black Christmas -

Yeah Vinnie Paz started the group, but I am only a lukewarm fan of Jedi Mind Tricks and I like these guys so much better.

For the real hip hop heads here, this won't be news, but for people like me who have only gotten into it in the last couple of years these guys are definitely worth a listen. Their new album, The Unholy Terror, is due in February.

#47 PenetrationStation, Dec 2, 2009
  8. Proverbs

Proverbs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Feel like an asshole quoting an entire verse, but you need to see this. You need to hear this. You don't need to pay money for it, but they definitely deserve it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLpMOSzfOfM

9. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Vinnie Paz ft Clipse off Vinnie's upcoming CD, Assassin's Creed.

#49 erk33, Dec 10, 2009
  10. Dingus

Dingus
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

11. Lakeshow

Lakeshow
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

A canceled version of Rebirth leaked online. The release date was pushed back to January so that it could be reworked, but Amazon shipped 500 of the CDs. Not too hard to find a copy online right now, along with Eminem's Refill, the follow-up to Relapse.

12. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Refill is going to be a 7 track album released on Dec 21st. He started to go in a completely different direction halfway through the production of Relapse 2, so he decided to start from scratch. He still wanted to release the tracks he had already recorded though, hense Refill. Relapse 2 will follow next year.

Tracklist for Refill, all songs can be found on YouTube

1. Forever ft Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne
    2. Hell Breaks Loose
    3. Buffalo Bill
    4. Elevator
    5. Taking My Ball
    6. Music Box
    7. Drop The Bomb On ‘Em

Source.

13. Southside Strangler

Southside Strangler
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I just picked up the new Tech N9ne album K.O.D. and I have been bangin that the last few days. It is fuckin dark and he has Brotha Lynch Hung on a track with him called Strange Music Box. Sick dude.

14. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just listened to the 7 tracks of off Refill. Meh. I'm hoping he goes in a new direction for Relapse 2. That baby-talk goofy voice he used on Encore and Relapse are getting really old.

15. mobkah20

mobkah20
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He said he is going in a new direction for R2, that's why he released these songs that were originally going to be on there. I like Refill overall but I am definitely glad he is going in a new direction. Hopefully we'll get another masterpiece like The Eminem Show

16. Brother J

Brother J
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

17. Cubix

Cubix
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This doesn't even really count as hip hop, but I fucking LOVE the song If I were a Lame by Wiz Kalifa..although most people will probably hate it. Check it out though:

#57 Cubix, Jan 3, 2010
  18. redeye

redeye
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Just want to bring to everyone's attention that Lupe reached the summit of Kilamanjaro today and can now go back to making music.

Link

19. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Reflection Eternal is one of my new faves. This one with Mos Def, Jay Electronica, and J Cole is suuuuper solid. Love it.
    Just Begun

Also, some of you probably know about the "Sunday Night Sound Session" in Seattle, but if you don't, check it out. A couple of Seattle DJs (Hyphen and J.Moore) take over the airwaves of THE most commercial rap station in the area and play nothing but amazing hip hop (with a lot of local Seattle-area artists thrown in) for 2 hours a week. They post the show on the web every monday, and it's a great way to discover a shitton of new hip-hop:
    The Audacity of Dope: SNSS 1/17/10

20. Joka

Joka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wu Tang clash with The Beatles. It sounds fucking fantastic.
    Not One song I don't feel like dancing to.

#60 Joka, Jan 22, 2010