Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

An Unexciting Truth May Be Eclipsed By a Thrilling Lie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, May 23, 2013.

1. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Focus: When have you been caught in a lie? What happened?

Alt-Focus: Have you ever caught somebody else in a lie? What did you do?

2. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody is going to contribute to Nom's thread? For shame.

Focus:

Officer: Sir, have you had any alcohol tonight?

Me: ....Uh, no....

Seiously though, I've got a story.

There was this junkyard that I'd bought parts from for years. Over the years it had changed hands a few times, and this latest iteration had three owners, 1,2,and3. Owner #1 kept a lot of 3rd and 4th generation Camaros and Firebirds to get parts off of.
    However, he had this annoying habit of sticking cars that weren't for sale in with all of the salvage cars, and not marking them off limits.
    One day I was there, and they had gotten some new cars in. I was looking them over, and found a black Trans Am that already had some parts taken off of it with a good instrument bezel (most bezels you find are cracked). I got it, made a deal with owner #2 and paid for it. Right as I was about to leave, owner #1 asked:

Owner #1: Which car did you get that off of? Was it the black one? Because that one's not for sale.
    Bandit: Uh, no... It was the red one.

And off I went. Cut ahead to a month later. I go in there, and owner #1 was there. Before I could even say anything, he confronted me about it. Turns out he looked over security camera footage and busted me. My defense was that he didn't say anything about it until after I'd already paid. I offered to give it back, but he wouldn't have it.
    The consequence: While he didn't specifically say I couldn't shop there anymore, I'm never going back there again.

I'd had enough; owner #3 was a douche bag of the highest order, and would try to shaft me every chance he got, or refuse to do business with me.

An actual exchange we had once over a steering stabilizer:

Bandit: How much for the stabilizer?
    Owner #3: $50.
    Bandit: But that's how much a new one costs.
    Owner #3: Then why don't you go buy a new one?
    Bandit: (exasperated sigh as I walked out)
    ( I went back a few days later when he wasn't there and bought it for $35 from owner #2.)

Alt. Focus: I've caught women in lies so many times it's not funny.
    You can't bullshit a bullshitter.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

If a post is made in a thread, but nobody reads it, is it still a post?

4. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

focus: My parents never saw a real report card after 8th grade. Fake them all incase you need to fake one. I went to public school in SC, I always made A's. Especially the war of northern aggression stuff.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never did it personally, but a few of my high school friends had parents that would offer them reward incentives for good grades (money). They printed off a bunch of As, taped them to the report card and the photo copied it. I suppose it was easier than that studying thing.