Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

American Idol Season 9

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by shegirl, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

I think it was the boots that gave you that impression, but yeah... Didi... Yeah... and even Simon has said their advice has been all over the map, and blew off Kara's put down the guitar suggestion. Stupid really.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright, revised top 5, in order. Crystal Bowersox, Siobhan Magnus, Didi Benami, Mike Lynche, Lee Dewise.

That butchering of Against All Odds made me hurt physically, a little. I love that song. Tim Urban can just go home, he's boring as shit. And Garcia... yeah, you had me fooled with the rendition of Paula's song way back, and since I didn't watch the guys at all till the integration, I'm just now realizing. You suck.

3. Ganimedes

Ganimedes
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

So I'm lagging a bit behind the rest of you, but I feel a desperate need to express a belated fuck you to this whole franchise.

I just got done watching the Stones themed episode, something that I actually got a little excited about. Rolling Stones, legends of rock with their amazing treasure of dirty blues and distorted guitars? What could go wrong? Well apparently, not even 20 years of heroin abuse can withstand the massive amounts of cunt that Idol can infuse audio with. Keith Richards probably got an accidental sex change from the sheer backlash of Stones songs being beef injected, face first into the stage and with nothing to show for it but smudges of glitter.

The only saving grace is the Siohbahn chick, at least she managed to keep some of the eerie qualities of Painted Black, not to mention that she did a great version of House of the rising sun the previous episode. Of course, then she got critique for being 'melancholy and glum' from the jurors. Gee, the song that was originally from a female perspective before Animals got their hands on it and that tells the story of a young prostitute in a whorehouse comes off as something of a downer to you Simon? I really hope they don't manage to transform her into one of the other soulless automatons before this show has run its course.

4. Ganimedes

Ganimedes
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

By the way, are Simon and Kara fucking? He seems to be displaying some form of respect for her and she seems kind of relaxed and calm.

5. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I thought Usher brought out the best in everyone tonight (except Siobhan). Much much better than last week with clueless Miley Cyrus giving advice. Lee, Crystal and Casey were the best in my eyes. Wouldn't be surprised to see either Tim or Didi go home.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What about Big Mike? He was fucking great. He definitely had a "moment" and is actually getting better every week. Casey is way over rated. He's good, but still seems wannabe to me. I was really, really happy that Garcia finally got back on track. He actually sounded good again. I definitely think it will be Crystal, Lee, and Big Mike in the top three at the end, and I'd be happy with any one of them winning really.

I've heard Usher's music before, and always kind of liked what he did, even though it tends to not be my type of music, but I gained a lot of respect for him last night. He's a thoroughly alright dude, and gave everyone fantastic advice. One of the best "mentors" on the show ever. Ditto on Tim or Didi going home, though it will probably be Didi, Tim always seems to pull it off somehow.

7. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah I thought Big Mike and Andrew Garcia were excellent as well. All in all, it was the best night of idol since the Hollywood auditions for me, the performances were consistently good all around.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Not only can I not believe Mike was even on that side of the stage, I was pleasingly shocked they used their save for him. I was clapping and even teared up a tiny bit when they flashed to where his family was sitting and the tears were flowing.

Who do we think will get the boot this week?

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Please, for the love of God, get rid of Tim Urban and either Katie or Aaron.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mike leaves me cold for some reason. Like, I can recognize that technically he has a good voice, but it just does nothing for me. I was OK with him going home, but I was OK with them using the save on him

Really, I am just excited that Adam Lambert is going to be the guest musical advisor this week.

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was surprised at how harsh they were for Siobhan. Urbans performance... wasn't awful.

Looks like Garcia and Aaron, based on performances, anyway.

12. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well you were right about Garcia. I can't believe Tim is still here, we are down to the final 7, this is getting ridiculous

13. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Garcia should have been gone long ago. The guy can't fucking sing at all. Tim is actually better than him, even though he is bland and kind of sucks too. SO glad Katie is gone and I don't have to watch her do that stupid head move she does all through every fucking song. My hope for the last 4 standing is Crystal, big Mike, Lee, and Siobhan. After that I don't care who wins because they pretty much all do at that point, and I like each of them equally.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sanjaya made it to number 7, and this clown is better than that clown. Shit, I'm still upset about Katelyn and Lily.

15. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Oh My God YES. That shit was fucking annoying the hell out of me. I couldn't watch the TV when she was singing. No girl, it doesn't give you any sass. I wish the judges would have made fun of it more before she got the boot.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

As usual Crystal was awesome and I have to admit when she choked up and then said the reason she did was that her Dad was there, I teared up. I really like her and hope she wins although I'm not 100% sure what exactly her "niche" would be.

Urban has got to be the one to go tonight. How is it possible he wouldn't be?

And one more thing, Siobhan, what the fuck are they putting on her lips? It's like nuclear lipgloss. It's distracting. That along with the butterflies and I was lost. She has a strange influx to her voice when she speaks too. She's a weird chick.

17. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crystal had me in goosebumps, and that is not easy for anyone to do to me. To begin with, People Get Ready is one of my all time favorite songs. The version by the Persuasions is awesome, but she out awesomed 5 of the best acapella singing black guys all by herself. I don't care who goes tonight, as long as it's not her or Lee.

I have to agree on Siobhan, but again, they ripped her apart and I thought she was good. She's weird and a bit haunting, but in a good way.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It wasn't possible. It's about time that kid went home.

Last nights show was just weird with all the guest spots and all the white. I didn't think it was possible for Big Mike to look......bigger. Whoa.

I thought the best part was Wanda Sykes. Her bit was hilarious but even better was the daggers Kyra was shooting as she went though it. I think she took it a little personal.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Tonight it's going to be Aaron or Mike. I think it should be the kid. And I thought Shamalamadingdong was at her best last night. They didn't shellac her lips either. Thank you make-up person.

20. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really hope it's Aaron or Mike that goes home as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them in the bottom three tonight. And I was confused as hell when all four judges heaped praise on Siobhan's song. I love her, but I thought that was a pretty terrible, karaoke performance. It needed to be sped up by about ten beats a minute, also.

I liked that Crystal took it down a notch, Casey gave an actual good singing performance, and Lee, while off key a bit, was very good. Aaron needs to go away, and Big Mike is just annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.