Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

American Idol Season 10

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by shegirl, Jan 20, 2011.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I wish Jenny from the Block would shut the fuck up once in a while. You can see Tyler gritting his teeth every time she opens her yap and won't close it.

I read on TMZ the contestants left vacated the mansion they were put up in because they think it's haunted and after some heavy rains there it sprang a leak. They all say the lights flickered, there was some weird spider infestation and they say they saw a bedsheet up and float down a hallway. I say whatever they're smoking is some quality shit.

2. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it me or are most of the people on this year ridiculously talented? I downloaded Jacob Lusks' version of You're All I Need To Get By, and it is SO good. It is very rare that a singer moves me but this guy blew me away. So many of them have phenomenal voices. I can honestly say while I don't necessarily like all of them, they all deserve to be up there.

And what the fuck was up with those results last night? Part of me was wondering if it wasn't a gimmick because I can't imagine Casey not going through, and even the judges were like WTF?

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Between the surprise live Happy Birthday from fucking Stevie Wonder, the appearence of Hulk Hogan and that weird ending to last nights show, it was a good one. I thought Casey was gonna pass out. He's the one that's had some medical issues. I thought for sure he was going to go down and take tiny little Seacrest with him. It looked like Ryan thought the same.

4. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone ever here of Dial Idol? They track the busy signal to figure out what the results will be. Last week they were dead on with Casey, and this week they are predicting Stefano and Paul to go. They have had Scotty in the lead pretty much since the beginning which surprised me.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Last nights show was one of the best I've ever seen. I loved that they had such a wide variety of music to choose from. I think that's what made the show so good. There isn't really one that stood out that should get the boot. A couple (Casey at the beginning) that were "pitchy" here and there but not one of them sounded shitty. Tonight should be interesting.

And BTW, what the hell did Gwen dress those girls in? Holy jumpsuits Batman.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was happy for last night's show, it was the best one yet. With this season, with the amount of talent that they seemed to have during auditions, I have been finding most of the performances to be dull dull dull. Either that, or while I can recognize that some are gifted at what they do, it simply isn't my cup of tea. I thought Casey would be brilliant after that rendition of Georgia on My Mind with the upright bass, but I think that his "scare" has made him reluctant to take any chances that will scare off the teeny bopper or soccer mom vote (like that Nirvana song). Pia is good at belting out a tune, but boring boring boring. Jacob and that country guy are good at what they do, but just not for me. Lauren has to be the most annoying contestant of all times (personality wise) yet still manages to be completely lifeless on stage. Haley, I like for some reason even though I feel like I shouldn't. I probably like her because she isn't dull. Jacob is entertaining. Paul I can't stand. And then I almost forgot whatshisname that is the most boring of all.

And, I miss Simon. I wish somebody would call them out for their dullness or their self indulgent rubbish or whatever the case may be. Any criticisms are too sugar coated for my liking now.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I agree with this. And the only one that ever speaks up is Randy and then Hennifer Yopez always, every single fucking time, butts in. Shut the fuck up and for all that is holy please stop using brilliant and amazing. I've started a drinking game, everytime she says it I drink. By shows end I've been half in the bag everytime I watch.

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget that she starts off her interrupting with that stupid little fake laugh she does. EVERY FUCKING TIME. Add that to your drinking game and you will be face in the toilet by the end of the show, I guarantee it.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I cannot believe they booted Pia. I honestly thought she may win the whole thing if she learned to work the stage. They burned their one and only save on Casey. I read that there is a big core group of fans that are campaigning to bring her back and pleading with Stefano to step down to open the spot.

What kind of moron would vote himself off? Nevermind that she's already in talks with Interscope to sign a deal.

Crazy peoples.

10. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was shocked to see Pia get voted off as well. Hands down, I thought for sure she'd be in the top 2 or 3. But, she will be fine - just like Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson before her, this may be the best thing that could happen for her.

11. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't understand all the "shock" about Pia. She was boooorrrring. Now Haley I would do dirty, dirty things to.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can see by my pre-elimination show assessment that I generally agree with you. My ears recognize that she was the superior singer everything else of me is more interested in Haley even though I find her growling a little overdone. But she seems fun, Pia seemed like a Stepford wife. But it looks like the girls are going first anyway so Haley is likely a goner too.

13. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did Casey remind anyone else of Andy Kaufman last night? Now that his beard is smaller he really reminds me of Andy. He even has the same kind of speaking voice; that soft quality you don't expect. If anyone could reincarnate himself as himself doing someone else, it would be Andy Kaufman.

No. I'm not one of those people who think Andy Kaufman faked his own death.

14. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know about anyone else, but it should absolutely be Haley for the win. She sings and perform circles around Lauren and Scotty.

15. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plus Haley also got the most difficult songs to sing. Led Zeppelin, Alanis, and Stevie all have very distinctive (and quite different) sounds, and she took them all on. Shows she has a bigger range and versatility They even commented on the level of difficulty. Scotty and Lauren got songs to showcase um, country music and doing the exact same damn thing they have done week over week. If the finale is two mediocre teenage country performers, I think I can skip it.

16. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And I was extremely impressed with how she handled her slip. She didn't miss a beat, literally. It was like it never happened, and she killed that Zeppelin song. Unfortunately the one's who should win usually don't on AI.