Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

American Horror Story - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Volo, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Three episodes in and I'm hooked. There is a LOT of shit going on already, and so many questions unanswered that I won't be able to keep away.

I'm enjoying the return of a lot of the original cast. They're different enough to seperate themselves from Season 1 and we're seeing a bit more action from people who used to be just supporting roles.

Right now, it's impossible to call a lot of things

Anyone else watching?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The show is so fucking twisted, but pretty good.

The guy that played Tate is almost unrecognizable with brown hair and I didn't realize the scientists wife in season 1 was the nun in this one until the most recent episode. James Cromwell is bringing a new level of awesomeness.

3. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Loving it. Jessica Lange delivers...again.

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Strong ratings again this season and FX green lit another season.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Good, this show doesn't disappoint. I'm surprised more board members aren't into it.

6. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw episode 3 of season 2 tonight. I liked season one better, there was a much stronger sense of suspense and slow revelation. So far, this season is entertaining, but I feel like they're trying to turn it up to 11 for lack of a better term.

I'll keep watching, if only in the hope that the hot nun gives the French girl an erotic caning.

7. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're only at episode 3, hang in there. As much as I loved season 1, this season has it beat in spades. And I hope to God they bring Jessica Lange back again next season.

8. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did 4-7 since my last post. It's getting a lot better, but not for the poor characters. Poor French chick, at least got off easier than the nympho. Curious to see how they tie 1949 into the current Bloodyface.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto are really great. Such different characters from last season and the storytelling is much improved.

10. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since Thredson raped Lana, I'm guessing the current day one is going to be Thredson's son, who is going to be abandoned by Lana, just like Thredson was. I've heard that Dylan McDermott is going to make an appearance sometime, and that would be a prime character to give him.

I'm really disappointed that Joseph Fiennes isn't getting more action, but the rest of the cast is knocking it out of the park. My only major concern is that the show is moving so quickly and it seems really fractured at times.

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ian McShane as Santa. Now that was a Christmas special.

And after that description, I could practically smell the shit on those earrings.

12. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, this show just keeps getting better and better.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I guess last nights episode,

Only leaves Thredson as the villain.

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's also the question of the aliens that still remain, too. Was Pepper under control of the aliens, or is she one of them? What becomes of Kitt's baby? Does he go on to become the modern-day killer (or the main character in the next chapter of the anthology next season), or is that Thredson's son?

And I thought the musical number of The Name Game was awesome.

15. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just caught up with the most recent 3 episodes from this season. This is a very disturbing show. It was messed up before, but the whole lactation thing is very messed up. Nothing happened any way I thought it would which is pretty aweseme and I have no idea how it will finish out with the last couple episodes.

Very good show, but just way out there.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Calling it now, Lana's baby isn't present-day Bloody Face.

17. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What a wonderful ending. It was nice to see some happiness thrown in. This show is so dark that it was very welcome and fitting. Great ending to the story.

I loved that Kit's kids both went on to great things. I liked how Sister Jude's story ended with redemption, kindness and peace. The bad guys go theirs and some of the good good guys got theirs as well. Satisfying.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well...I guess I was wrong.

I found the ending underwhelming. The creators said we'd have answers for everything. We didn't get any for the aliens, the demonic possession, the angel of death, the murderous Santa Claus guy, and a few others. It seemed like too much paranormal stuff was crammed into the season. Too many threads.

Also, I thought everyone's ending except for Lana's was king of quick and cheap. So Kit gets old and abducted all of a sudden, sister Jude just up and dies. I guess I was expecting more. At least something along the lines of Bloody Face went around killing everyone Lana knew from Briarcliff and admitted it all to her at the end.

At least most of the main cast is returning for season 3.

19. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm with you. It was a fun show to watch, but it didn't quite hit the mark. I'm all for being able to interpret things on my own, but a little bit of background info is necessary for that, and there wasn't much to go on. In short, too much shit going on and not enough time to get it sorted.

Looking forward to the next season though. I imagine the crew has learned some lessons and I'm hoping they'll knock it out of the park next time.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the only loose end they left was the alien angle, but I found the finale rushed. One more episode would have done it. When Kit's kids take Jude into the woods, they could have explained the alien storyline. The demise of the Monsignor deserved more airtime than the brief garage encounter-cut to the Roman bath scene. Overall though, I thought it was a great season.