Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

American Gods

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by downndirty, May 9, 2017.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just finished episode 2.

Anyone else watching this?

Ian McShane as Mr. Wednesday is sublime...dude absolutely kills it. Anyone have an idea on how he does the thing with his eye (watch for it and you'll see what I mean)?

Also, did anyone catch Scully masquerading as Lucille Ball in episode 2?

Between this and Black Sails, Starz is starting to not suck....

2. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"You're an asshole, Dead Wife!" killed me.

Little brother Schreiber is owning that role.

3. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Good show, but there seems like there are a lot of separate story lines to somewhat resolve in 2 more episodes.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right? The fucking leprechaun is amazing. I could watch a whole episode of her, the gay cab driver and him driving around fucking with each other.

Have they renewed this yet?

5. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes indeed - Renewed last month.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/america...-2-starz-neil-gaiman-bryan-fuller-1202089641/

It's been interesting watching the show so far. I've read the novel, but that was about 10 years ago so only the real stand moments are the ones I remember

Like, you know, vaginas eating people and man on djinni action

The expansion has been a bit of mixed bag. Some of it drags, but some of it is definitely interesting. Laura's backstory, for example, was really interesting to watch. In the book, she comes off as a more one dimensional character, being portrayed as a pretty shallow self obsessed person with her love of Shadow being her only real redeeming quality.

Here, she gets fleshed out a bit more. The portrayal isn't any more kind, but it rounds her out a lot more. Plus, the interactions with Mad Sweeney (Nick Sobotka from The Wire) and Salim are pretty great.

I am definitely looking forward to more of it and see what other aspects they expand and build upon.

6. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I imagine that they will have to change Laura's arc......deadwife is pretty popular. Her episodes were the best of the season, no small feat on a show with McShane.