Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Amanda Bynes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 24, 2013.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

[​IMG]

So it's no secret she has gone off the deep end. Today docs say she's schizo after lighting fire to herself, a driveway and her puppy. Up to this point she had many run ins with the cops during her eventual road to the wacky ward. Personally, I think they should have done something long before this and it is just sad it has unfolded as it has.

What do you guys think about her, this, similar demise of these people and the paps effect on such situations?

2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was always a huge fan of all that. This is heartbreaking.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone saw it coming, at least now she should get some forms of treatment.

She used to be normal, what happened to cause the slide? Makes me wonder if she had been on meds and then decided booze and coke would work instead.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I already posted this in a drunk thread, but she would be a great for a "Meth: Before and After" ad:

[​IMG]

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

One of the things I read is that she ripped off her pot delivery dudes stash right out of his bag when he went to pee. After thinking about the fact there are now dudes that deliver it that aren't actual dealer but employees of the dealer and I am old, I said to myself, you never rip off your connections, even I know that.

It went on to say she even went so far as to replace the jar it was in with an empty one. Oh Amanda.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't think she was crazy until she took out, or said she was going to take out, her breast implants. Now I think she's a nutcase.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Guys guys guys. She's FINE. Mandy is just really tired and stuff lately, okay? She's just like, really spiritual a good person. So stop judging and mind your own beeswax. Gosh.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You all just hatin'. You sound ugly.

[​IMG]

As much of a mental health advocate as I am, something about celebrities having a public meltdown incites nothing but loathing and contempt from me (more than aware of my ignorant double standard, thanks). Probably because of their position and access to the best care; which means nothing if one is too sick to take advantage. Instead of them, family, or managers promoting or forcing help they shart in the face of everyone that cannot afford help or rely on anyone, even the system designed to help. Fuck her, fuck her family. I hope she sets her wig on fire next time. Report on something useful like the first royal diaper change.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

All of what was said above may be true but, there are all kinds of people out there that need some sort of help, have access to the help (in some cases it's even free) yet opt to stick their head in the sand.

And Charles, that video is scary.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Showing my nerd "card"

[​IMG]

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Well, she certainly looks like some sort of inter-dimensional scarecrow, I don't know how people let this happen to themselves. There is a "line" that everyone should take note and if they cross that line, pull the chute, look in the mirror and say "Okay, I'm not even 30 for three more years and I look like a muppet washed in hot. Time to hit the breaks, Eric Roberts and Jon Voight 'cause this train's-a-gonna-crash!"

13. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is she in that position though? How much money can she possibly have? She's barely famous, which is why I'm seriously confused as to why her mental unravelling is getting so much attention in the first place. Lindsay Lohan was way more famous, so I kind of got that... but Amanda Bynes? I know who she is because All That was my favourite show as a kid and we share the same birthday. But looking at her Wikipedia page, she hasn't worked much at all in the last several years... her last nomination for an award was two years ago at the MTV Movies Awards for "best line in a movie" for christ's sake.

I don't exactly feel bad for her, but I'm not a huge fan of how these types of things get so much attention. What little fame she had faded a while ago, but now we're all like "oh, her life's falling apart, let's watch!" I don't know, I'm not trying to get on my moral high horse here, I just think we have a fucked up way of looking at celebrities.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn't be surprised if she was quietly worth in the 15-20 million range. Those kids stars can wrack it up with their popularity with the tweener markets. Lindsey Lohan definitely worth a bit more. Though her legal troubles, like Bynes, are probably draining them pretty easily.

15. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I liked her before. I told my daughter some of her onscreen traits reminded me of her.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She was the lead in a movie or two, was on that shitty show with Jenny Garth for a few seasons, and had semi-supporting roles in a few movies. That's enough to rack you up some decent cash, not including all her Nickelodeon money and residuals. And if she's saving money by not buying expensive wigs, then she's likely frugal.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

More like "Makeup: Good and Bad". It really doesn't look like she's deteriorated that much physically. Mentally, of course, is a different discussion.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lohan is worth less than I am. Turns out, being a crazy train wreck is expensive.

Bynes is still worth $4M. Hopefully this conservator-ship got put in in time to help. That broad has lost her damn mind. The awful wigs, awful makeup, sloppy wardrobe, and horrible facial piercings make me sad, especially when combined with her "I'm too hot to talk to ugly people" attitude.

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know why anyone who watched the Amanda Show segment on All That is even slightly surprised.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ha ha! So she's 27? She'll be dead before she turns 28.

+ 1

I won't care when she dies. I didn't have a clue who she was before all her craziness started showing up on front pages. A lot of these idiots that flame out, I'll give a tsk and a "that's too bad - they had so much talent" or whatever. Not her. She's wasting my oxygen. Good riddance.