Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

All I wanted was a daddy. Now I get to be a stripper!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My folks told me that when I was 8 years old that I wanted to deliver flowers. Well, I have on occasion, so I achieved my goals quite easily. Take that, college!

The pay and the tips were surprisingly good, too.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I wanted to design buildings. That was my main hobby as a kid was drawing architechural structures, either ones I liked or ones I made myself. I have never come close to this as a career, and drifted apart from the interest over time. Am I "free" at work? No, I'm a spoke. But I don't care, things always slowly look up and I'm a patient guy. I have my DJ business on weekends as well and I enjoy doing it always.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

As I kid I always thought it would be awesome to be this guy:
    [​IMG]

I used to imagine zipping along with the wind in my hair, death grip on the grab-bar as we race along at like 60 miles an hour.

Now being a garbageman doesn't seem as glamorous. Although they probably get better benefits than I get with my lame ass job.

4. microcuts

microcuts
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Like the guy a few posts below me, I was obsessed with the garbage man. I would wake up early at the sound of that awesome machine and run out to the curb barefoot and stare in amazement. Who wouldn't want to be in control of that badass machine that crushes with raw power? As I got a little older, a trip to the local fire station made me sure that was my calling. I was really into anything that involved flying as well, mostly space, and fighter jets. I remember watching "Wings" on the Discovery Channel when I was 8 years old and being awestruck.

Now at almost 25, I have been a pilot for almost 6 years. Did my first flight lesson on my 18th birthday, and got my private a year later. I got my first job flying tours and charters over the Grand Canyon when I was 21, did a little corporate flying, and now I am dropping humans from the sky for one of the worlds busiest skydiving centers. While I love my job and make decent money for a single guy my age, I sometimes dream of a career with more stability. All in all, I can't complain and still have a passion for aviation even outside of work.