Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

All I want for Christmas...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by $100T2, Nov 7, 2009.

1. ConorLarkin

ConorLarkin
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

2. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. I ask for undies and socks every year. Dad and the brothers always come through nicely on the socks--I have the most impressive sock drawers of anyone that I know. Holiday socks, meta socks (socks with socks on them), striped socks, polka dotted socks, plaid socks, cutesy socks, beribboned socks, socks with toes, socks with plastic bottoms, knee socks, ankle socks, and everything in between.

I also ask for a puppy each year, but it hasn't worked for the past 22 years. I have no reason to expect that it would work this year, but I'll try just the same. I have this lovely vision of a brown and white puppy with floppy ears shyly peeking out of a tall Christmas box as soon as I round the corner of the family room Christmas morning, and barking happily when he/she/it sees my joyful face. We would spend all Christmas morning doing nice-to-meet-you-face-licks interspersed with copious amounts of ear scratching until we were both too tired to continue, and then we would cuddle together on the couch in a puppy/Pinkcup bundle of love. This fantasy scenario hasn't changed for 22 years. Alas, my parents enjoy thwarting this particular dream of mine in favor of "keeping the hardwood floors in good condition". Fascists.

3. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I want a nook.
    [​IMG]
    And Some VRI's
    Which are kind of expensive tires.

I will end up buying both for myself because no one in my family ever listens to me.

4. Bong McPuffin

Bong McPuffin
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

All I want for Christmas is a bus-pass.

Seriously, I want a bus-pass with like $200 on it, so I can where I want, when I want. It sucks not having a vehicle of my own. I can't go anywhere or do anything outside of a 1 or 2 mile walking limit. This has severely impacted my job hunting and holding abilities too, because of my lack of reliable transportation.

If not something practical, I'd really love a new mp3 player, one that can hold more than 100 songs. This one I have from 2003 just isn't cutting it any more as my collection has grown to more than 50 gigs.

If you want to get down-right silly, because its not something anyone would go out and actually buy for me, a Volcano Vaporizer.. the finest in weed consumption equipment. Vaporizes the THC out of the bud without burning the plant matter. Only problem is, it costs $600, for something to get high with. The investment is in health, supposedly, because you are getting all of the good with none of the bad.

5. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I really want a cello. I used to play it back in primary school and loved it. Every pay day I end up walking past the music store that has a cello in the window and keep on telling myself "it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine". Every time I write an acoustic or slow tempo song I always think "yeah it sounds good, but some strings will really make the difference"

That and either a Big Orange or Mesa Boogie dual rectifier amp.. not likely to get anytime soon since the amp and cab would cost thousands and since I'm not playing in a band at the moment, getting a 100w+ amp seems quite redundant since I would rarely get the chance to really crank it up,
    One thing I don't need is another guitar. In the past three years I got a gibson les paul custom, SG special and another les paul copy. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for them, aside from a few PRS's I've played, no guitar has felt or sounded so sweet as my SG. The next guitar I'm going to get, I'm going to build my self.

Luckily I don't really have to worry about presents for family this year since my family is now scattered all over the world apart from my brother who also is not bothered by christmas in the slightest. Makes life easier for both of us I guess.

Still going to be strange though having next to no family around for christmas.

6. Nat

Nat
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

7. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy fuck! Socks!? May a confetti of matching socks fall upon ye... I will be giving me dear little cousins money and all adult couples money to eat up at appropriate restaurants. Perhaps a candle or a lawn gnome thrown in there somewhere for someone's house or backyard. Me? Just a good dinner here or there...

8. carl24

carl24
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

No Christmas for me.

But cool gifts would be:

-Birkenstocks, a famous German brand (clogs, sandals, etc.)! Those things are so comfortable!

-New jacket, dress pants, dress shirts.

-A plane ticket to India, I have always wanted to go!

-An mp3 player. I have an ipod, but part of me feels the purchase might have been a mistake. I wanted it to double as an external hard drive (storage) too. But moving songs/videos from ipod to computer is more effort than needed, granted it can be done. Plus all the file names are renamed, once files are moved back to the computer. To much effort. Also, it just seems so fragile, I am afraid to even ride a bike with the thing in my pocket. And there is the whole battery bull shit, once it dies, it costs so much money to replace. Some of the Chinese brands are better, but don't hold as much music/videos typically. I like the ipod for its 160 GB storage. I need nearly all of it (minus 15-20 GB of free space still left).

-Better headphones. The ipod head phones are awful. I will eventually get new ones.

-A new external hard drive. My old one (WD) is no longer working, after literally, less than a six inch drop, while it was in its protective case into my desk drawer. Again, perhaps a cheap Chinese brand is just as good as any famous brand in the west which are often times so fragile (western digital) and way to expensive. Granted almost any external hard drive is fragile, but at least the externals in China are way cheaper and still store a lot!

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have these few simple requests. Money, Vodka, and Zooey Deschannel. Is that so much to ask?

10. the antihero

the antihero
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I really fucking want that Under Armour Recharge suit

A box of VPX No Impact protein bars

A nice pair of boots

And a North Face jacket

11. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd like a rifle.

I haven't owned one since I sold my Ishapore to one of my dad's coworkers almost five years ago, except for a Ruger .22 that's been dressed up to look like an MG42 and has never been fired.

I'm dying to get my hands on something center-fire, magazine fed, and not made in China. I'd forego all Christmas gifts next year for an HK-91 or an AR-15 with a bow on it under the Tannenbaum this year.

Failing that, a PS3 would keep me indoors and out of trouble for at least a calendar year. Of course, it would also mean probably another 20 pounds added onto my (admittedly shrunken) spare tire from sitting on the couch playing video games. So that'd be a dubious addition to my personal possessions. That's why it was second on the list.

A pair of black Fry boots (http://www.thefryecompany.com/Product-M ... 1DBN.aspx#?) to go with my brown ones would also be awesome.

ETA: That's more like the pair I have.

12. Deepinit

Deepinit
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

a job, a place of my own, a car and a hot brunette with perky C-cups. Sadly, daddy's not made out of money so it looks like I'll have to get these things on my own.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Being a huge nerd, I have a rather large list of various PS3, Wii, and Nintendo DS games that I'll be asking for.

The wife and I also decided that we want a new recliner for the living room, so that will be our Christmas gift to each other.

As for what I am getting others, I've purchased several items and donated them to a children's hospital in my father-in-law's name (did this through the Penny-Arcade "Child's Play Charity). He doesn't like getting gifts, and we always struggle to find something to get him, so when this was suggested to him, I can honestly say I've never, ever seen him look happier. A little back story: I spent Christmas 2006 in Comer's Children's hospital at the University of Chicago, visiting my brother-in-law. He was only 18, and had non-hodgkins (SP?) lymphoma. He had relapsed right after Thanksgiving, and by the middle of December, he was on a ventilator, and in a coma, because the cancer had (supposedly) spread to his brain. His parents (my future in-laws, at the time, as my wife and I were only engaged then) spent as much time at the hospital with him as possible, and being in a children's hospital at Christmas time is extra depressing. We literally spent Christmas day sitting in the hospital, which can be both incredibly depressing (to see that many sick kids) and uplifting (to see how happy they are to get even the smallest items, and to see how dedicated and loving those parents are in that situation) at the same time. That's why we chose to donate gifts to children's hospitals in not only my father-in-law's name, but also in honor of my brother-in-law, as a gift to him, too.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1. For the economy to turn around and manufacturing to pick up so I can sell my normal levels of equipment and resume my carefree spending on stuff for myself. (I have needs people. A kickass outdoor sound system for the pool area, a lifted truck to go off-roading with, and $$ to finish all the landscaping I want done around here).

2. For my friends to put some actual thought into the gifts they get me. I always buy them their favorite booze that they won't buy themselves, or some piece of technology they don't know exists. Nothing too extravagant mind you, we're talking $50-60 here. Last year the only gift I can even remember is a digital photo frame which got plugged in once all year. Yay for that?

15. dj-consigliere

dj-consigliere
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Focus: Having relocated away from friends and family, I don't suspect I will receive much more than a couple bucks in the mail. I am okay with that as I can not think of anything else I even want except maybe a few new articles of clothing which I would have to pick out myself anyway. I guess my wish list would be something along the lines of a Kenneth Cole Watch, or an Affliction tee shirt.

Alt Focus Probably end up getting my friends a few gag gifts, or maybe some liquor. Guys don't usually get each other stuff unless its a drink or a few shots at the bar.

16. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd like an I-pod touch.
    That's it, nothing too fancy. I've got a five year old 4G that's on it's way out.
    Those things are pretty much indestructible.

I'm going to get video games and make-up for my daughter. And the ol' lady will pick something out, I'm sure.

17. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want an electric toothbrush. That's it. I'm simple, and obsessed with perfect dental hygiene.

Christmas for me isn't about the presents at all. I'd be happy with nothing. It is however my favorite holiday, and last year I missed it with a terrible stomach flu. I've been counting the days.

18. McDermott

McDermott
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

$40,000.

That sounds ridiculous but hey, out-of-country medical school tuition is ridiculous.

That, and I only make $25 an hour.

19. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Deleted. Off focus and a Miley link.

20. himsoforreal

himsoforreal
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

A computer. Just anykind will suffice. I've never owned a computer and i'm always going to the public library to get online.
    It's not really an inconvience and i enjoy spending time in libraries (what's that say about me?), the only downside is dealing with the general public! It never ceases to amaze me how strange people are... well amaze is'nt really the word for it!

also i want a pony.