Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

All I want for Christmas is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by $100T2, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple percocet, a bottle of belvedere and a NY Strip. Some cheesecake for dessert would be nice but not totally needed.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would love to have some nice rocks for my collection, but I don't have much room on my rock shelf.

If Jägerette really knows me she will be getting me another meteorite. If she really really knows me she will get me a nice sliced and etched carbonaceous chondrite sample. (I really hope she reads this)

I have no idea what to get her specifically. Luckily she has become a complete Tiffany whore, and I don't mind shelling out the money for Tiffany. Their stuff is a little overpriced, but the quality is worth it, as is the customer service. Last time I bought her some stuff in the store, the guy who helped me sent me a hand written thank you note.

I did get her the new Taylor Swift cd, so at least I have something.

3. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No comment.

4. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can tell you from experience that the instant marinator works EXTREMELY well.

Uses a vacuum pump to marinate the meat in about 15 minutes, and it's pretty cheap.

5. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My balls wore out a hole in a pair of jeans recently. Thick. Denim. Jeans.

I prefer to just get clothes too. It's great. I hate shopping for clothing that isn't just a new pack of socks or something. When I just say I want clothes it also saves me the aggravation of having to come up with an answer when people fish for ideas. Like you said, if there's something I want I probably got it for myself already. Or it's too damned expensive to ask for as a gift anyway.

6. Fracas

Fracas
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

All the special ladies in my life get Giant Microbes. Cheap and works like gangbusters.

7. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is our first Christmas married, so I got the wife what she really wanted: Luis Vuitton.

Now, I'm not stupid enough to drop almost a grand on a purse I picked out, so of course she already has it after she went with me to get it.

However, I still want to buy her something small to open on Christmas day, so I'm looking for "cutsy fartsy" ideas. I'd like to not go over $40 on this, real small.

Best I can come up with so far is a iphone picture case of her dog.

Any better ideas?

8. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure Allord, a machete, and a can of baked beans can be procured for under $40. Be sure to record it and post it here after the legal proceedings.

9. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you contact Roxanne on here, she does some pretty wicked art. I don't know about under 40, but she can probably hook you up with a black and white drawing of the dog for a decent price if you ask nicely.

10. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know people are still out there looking, so I'm going to keep posting awesome ideas/deals that I come across for anyone interested:

Do yourself a favor and go to DeepDiscount.com

Ultra, ultra cheep DVDs, books, etc. For my grandfather in-law, I just got the complete 10-disk set for History Channel: Dogfights for like $33. Normally would be $50-55 elsewhere.

11. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

AHH. This site reminds me of those websites where you get like an hour to buy a high end product like oakley thats for sale for a killer deal. SHIT. I forget the name of those things so I cant even google a website. Im thinking there called "Rocket Auctions" or some shit like that. Can anyone help me!!??

12. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Steep and Cheap does this

So does Whiskey Militia but thats more for hippie snowboarders.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want a Foam Roller. The weight lifting class I took this semester had us roll out on these before every workout. It was like getting a massage in Chinatown without the happy ending (or HIV). The high density one like in my link actually hurts, but it's a fucking awesome hurt. Got knots? Got tightness? Got strains, cramped muscles, charlie horses? Not after this, you don't.

14. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A real goddamn education. That's all I want.

15. eno

eno
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

FPV wireless camera equipment for my rc plane.

This is what is looks like:

This is why I want it: <a class="postlink" href="http://vimeo.com/16604842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vimeo.com/16604842</a>

#75 eno, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So, I know nothing about cameras. I know the fiance wants to upgrade from hers, and that she needs something that she can just point and click. I also know that storage space is important as she never remembers to download the photos and clear her camera storage. It's also important that it does the majority of the things that are likely to pop up for someone that just takes random vacation photos and shots of people hanging out.

Nothing super techy or fancy, but not something thats going to leave me wishing I'd bought something better.

The reviews / description seem to make this seem like a good option, but does anyone have anything else to say on the matter that might help me either bite the bullet or move on to something else?

Gracias.

17. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cannot buy my father weed. My mom is already pissed that he lets me smoke.

18. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Woot! is like that but you get a whole day, unless it is a Woot-off.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.woot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.woot.com</a>

19. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Does he have a grinder? Everyone appreciates a nice grinder, but runs into trouble justifying paying for one. Just explain to your mother that it's for breaking up tea leaves or something. I'm sure she'll buy that.