Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Airplane Madness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rush-O-Matic, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts...we may be encountering some BUMPy air.

Let's also expand the FOCUS to crazy inflight stories of all kinds.

3. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'll post my story later when I have time but does anyone remember the story off the old board about the Italian airliner that royally fucked it's passengers when the workers went on strike? There was a ridiculous story there and if anyone remembers the link, post it here. I can't find it anymore.

4. Jauntoclock

Jauntoclock
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I believe it was this one: http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/2009/03/the-worst-airli.php
    Pretty fucking awful.

5. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First semester of law school I was flying home for Christmas break, and had a layover somewhere like St. Louis. When I got on the second plane headed back to Alabama, the girl sitting next to me said she recognized me. I didn't have a clue who she was, but she knew my name and said we went to high school together. Oh, weird coincidence, whatever.

Then she proceeded to tell me everything about her since graduation, that she had done a ton of drugs and whored it up in college, but since then had found the Lord and was now in the phase where she felt like she needed to witness to everyone.

Well, about half an hour before we were scheduled to land, the pilot announced that we were being diverted to Atlanta because the cockpit windshield had cracked and they wouldn't be able to repair the plane in Huntsville. At this point the girl begins to freak the fuck out. I know flying can put a lot of people on edge, but I find it really annoying that you're going to profess your faith to me and then flip out over the thought of moving on to eternal bliss, while I don't believe in an afterlife (I don't disbelieve either, agnostic on the issue), think this very well could be the end of my existence, and I'm perfectly calm (if glass gave out and the plane went into a freefall mind you, I'm sure I'd have pissed myself).

Once we're safely on the ground in Atlanta we have to wait another hour or so to get a replacement plane, we're given the same seat assignments, so I'm stuck next to this girl again, and once we're boarded...the plane has a malfunctioning fire suppression system and we have to get off, and wait another hour for a third plane. On the third plane, as a very small token of apology, the flight attendant passes out a free mini bottle of liquor to all the adults on the flight.

Jesus freak doesn't drink any more, and so I ask her to get a Jack Daniel's and just give it to me. Nope. Freaking Jesus bitch.

6. ksp

ksp
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ryanair to have discount section

I have had my fair share of shitty flights and shitty people next to me, but would love to try this out for like 8 bucks. It would be like a stand up rollercoaster style of seatbelt/seats. On an hour long flight and you'd just be standing and drinking anyways, great budget idea for sure if it actually goes through.

great on short haul flights, not so much cross country/ over the pond type of trip though

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

2 years ago almost exactly, our airline went bankrupt 12 hours before our trip to Amsterdam, London and Paris. I scrambled and got shittier seats on a Dutch airline for only $700 more apiece. Wonderful WONDERFUL stressful times. Whatever the fuck it was they served us on the flight for dinner looked like the alien from The Thing and it took about two bites to disgust me. It looked like a fresh placenta. Thank the fuck Christ they served free beer on the flight, the Dutch got THAT part of long air travel spot-on.

8. jrussellmikkelsen

jrussellmikkelsen
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not two-beers-in-hand jump-out-the-window crazy, but...

I was in hour 7 or 8 of an 11-hour trans-atlantic flight, milling around with other passengers in the back of the plane. I was trying to stretch by bending over and touching my toes. There was a flight attendant resting in a chair beside me, clearly on her break. She had her feet up on another chair. I placed my right foot against the leg of the chair she was using as a foot rest. To clarify, my heel was on the ground and my toes were leaning into the chair's leg. It was a meager attempt to stretch my hamstrings.

The flight attendant gave me an angry look. I glanced back at her. "Do you mind?" She seemed ready to murder over the foot rights of her extra chair. I said nothing and moved my toes away. She happened to be my flight attendant and I knew better than to fight with her.

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two days after Christmas in 2006 We are flying the Twins to Walt Disney World for their tenth birthday. This involved catching an evening flight from Sacramento to Seattle to then get a redeye to Orlando. Everything went fine until we got boarded onto the redeye flight out of Seattle to Orlando. We got seated, then nothing, for an hour and a half nothing, no pulling from the gate, no food, no allowing bathroom breaks. How do you explain to a ten year old who now needs to go to the bathroom, who is tired cause it is now one am, why you are not yet flying?

Two hours late, the doors close, take off and an uneventful flight.

Of course on the return flight the same thing happened in Denver.

We have not flown for a vacation since.

10. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you're talking about this.