Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ace Broadcasting Network

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Nettdata, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think she was great initially and at least way more enthusiastic. Now she seems like shes phoning it in and gets agitated whenever Adam pokes holes in her theories and opinions. Her drinking the lefty koolaid has nothing to do why I dislike her however, she's just boring and a little immature for someone thats 36. Even though I had reservations about Teresa, I think she was way better than Allison.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She was number one for like a week when her podcast first debuted, as in she debuted snippets of it and it went to number 1. I think iTunes ranking don't factor in total downloads as much as they do user reviews. Listening to other podcast, or new comer podcast like they did for her, they always beg for you to leave a positive review for them. Her initial blurbs were reviewed at 100% positive thus 1# in itunes. Penn's Sunday School had the same thing happen but he's managed to stay highly rated by delivery a quality show. She has fallen off in the rankings, unless she has a popular guest I don't see her in the top 20 in the comedy section very much, which is a small piece of the whole. I know for sure Adam's wife's show is not in my demo, Allison's at least in theory is supposed to be. A quasi comical one on one interview format, which besides the Aceman's, most podcast are. I've listened to a couple episodes and she flat out does not have the talent needed to pull off this type of format. For what she does on Adam's podcast she does her job, her relating her personal stories and day to day thoughts on life are boring as fuck on her own podcast. Aisha Tyler's show is basically the same concept except Aisha is an insanely talented comedian and her show is funny.

Im not suggesting they need to change up or drop her out but I have noticed there are things about her that are annoying to me and some of them have become more pronounced over time. Also, just because they are listeners submitted news stories doesn't mean she didn't pick them for her own lame unfunny reasons. Some are picked because they are Aceman's ranting platforms some of them are her trying to get on her unfunny political soapbox.

Edit: Also the theme music to her podcast makes me want to crack open infants skulls with a tire iron.

3. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Besides the fact that the overwhelming majority of Adam's fans are men, why would women view Allison any differently than guys would? Because they share the same reproductive organs? I really don't see what part of Allison's shtick would be looked upon differently by a woman than a man.

Anyways, I always found it curious that Ace would rant about morning radio and how they would always want to pair a guy with a girl, that it was never just two guys, and how stupid it all is. And yet, with his own podcast, he does the exact same thing!

Edit-

Aisha has a podcast? I'm on that...

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Met Ace last weekend at his Foxwoods show. (I'm not going bald, my hair was wet from rain).

[​IMG]

5. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really want to try Mangria but because of the fucked up liquor laws in my state they won't ship it here. Damn bible belt.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah Im curious about it too. Ill have to see if it's legal to ship to Ohio.

On another note. After the last three or four Dr Drew bonus episodes I'd wish they'd just team back up permanently. They work out so fucking well and something clicks that brings Adam's game to another level. His bits on 70's statutory rape ballads and his jag the other week about not wanting to read his son's private facebook messages have had me in tears laughing after numerous listens. But I'm guessing Dr Drew is probably under some sort of contract that wouldn't let him do Adam's formatted podcast. Though I guess he is getting his own show on the Ace Broadcasting network.

7. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is, I checked. My soon-to-be-parents-in-law live in Ohio and I thought about shipping it to them and having them bring it here when they visited.

I agree about Ace and Dr. Drew, I was driving around town while listening to the last one when they were talking about the 70's rape ballads, and I was crying I was laughing so hard.

The best is when someone calls in with a problem and tries to play it up as not that big of a deal, and Adam and Drew straight up tell them that they are fucked up and need professional help.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm doing this as a Christmas present for my guy friends. Buying a big case of Mangria and just giving them bottles.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well they finally went and did it and got Ace and Drew back together which is great. Have absolutely loved the extra shows.

As for the main show I am just a little disappointed they have been doing more live shows than not lately. I've probably mentioned it before but I find the live show podcast the weakest of the three formats they use for the show (the other two being the main radio style show and Adams one on one shows). I guess it might just be the end of the year and this is the busy season? While they aren't bad, them playing to a live audience just doesn't come off as well when listening to a podcast. I'd still see him in a second live if he played my city.

After two killer episodes I have got to listen to jay Mohrs podcast. That dude has killed it each time he's on. I know his podcast is popular but I have yet to take the plunge. I've got like 4-5 podcast I already follow religiously so he's been on the back burner for a few weeks now. Bert Kreischer's podcast just came out and if you listen to Rogan's podcast you know how funny this guy is. His two shows haven't disappointed (though he may not be for everyone).

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

His stand up show is decent, but if you've read the books and listen regularly, some of the material will be familiar. They definitely back load the end of the year with live shows and past episodes because they go on vacation. Same thing last couple years as well.

I love the new Adam and Drew Show, its what everyone has been waiting for.

11. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Ace Broadcasting Network

Do they have a regular podcast now or just the guest appearances?

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

There's only been 1 episode so far, but its a regular podcast. It's weekly though.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just heard the Christopher Titus podcast and I died laughing when he started doing his black guy voice. He fucking nails it. I've never heard a white guy do it so well.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bi weekly actually which is sweet. Though I think they just record 2 shows at once then release them on Sunday and Wednesday.

15. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This thread has been disappointingly dead. How in the hell can DAG's Teddy Pendergrass not spawn some kind of discussion? Or Carolla's Tyson interview?
    I know people on here listen to that show regularly and have opinions other than "Allison sucks". By the way, don't ever go to the ACE message board. It'll make your head hurt.

16. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I listen to most of his podcasts, his interview with the Lt. Governor was great, props to the guy for agreeing to show up but he had to have known what he was in for.

And Allison still sucks

17. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure Donnie is wrong on this. When you listen to early podcasts, Adam very much states that Donnie is the one that introduced the idea and pushed Ace into podcasting, and he gives Donnie a lot of credit for the podcast. Then Donnie seemed to do a LOT of work for Adam, and it also sounds like Donnie quit a good job to work for Adam, only to be pushed out, and apparently Donnie didn't get anything from Adam when he left.

Keep in mind, we really only hear Adam's side of arguments, and Adam tends to be exceptionally one-sided in his thinking. He is absolutely one of those guys that can't comprehend of ever being wrong about anything. If Donnie so much as sneezed while Adam was recording, in Adam's mind, Donnie was trying to destroy everything Adam was doing.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sadly since lost my iPod my podcast listenin is not as frequent. But the DAG episode was out and out hilarious. I was also wondering what the fuck Elliot Gould was doing the other night. That shit was awkward as hell but then come the next day Ace was alright with it.

Sucks about the lawsuit.