Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ace Broadcasting Network

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Nettdata, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been listening to old Loveline podcasts with Ace and Dr.Drew and holy shit, what an education you get on addiction, abuse, and all kinds of other topics. Hopefully he's a frequent guest.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He isnt, maybe once every three months or so. I kind of wish theyd have Dr Bruce on more since they have a segment just for him. Always interesting and entertaining.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just saw this YouTube clip of a news spot on KTLA news that featured Adam.

I'd never seen his studio before, and it was interesting to get a peek.

#43 Nettdata, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The stark contrast between the frankness of Carolla/staff and the TV anchors when they cut back to studio said more about the podcast format and not being beholden to suits than a good version of that story ever could have.

#44 shauncorleone, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Donny looks like a total college lifer. Never guess the dude was in his mid 40s.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just saw the Chris Titus stand-up which I was skeptical going into, it was fucking hilarious. Him and Adam could do another podcast and it's be epic. They have the same views on a lot of stuff and Titus wins the fucked up family battle tenfold. I'm amazed at how Adam can just take listener calls and make an hour show. I can barely listen to the ESPN radio/podcast guys and they talk about Sports all the time. Doing that by yourself is absolute nuts.

7. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is anybody else looking forward to Acemans new car show? I got my DVR locked and loaded.

I just did some google fu and they've got a synopsis of the first three episodes. It looks like a better version of Top Gear America..... Which I had high expectations for,,, and was promptly dashed.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just watched the first episode last night (the 24 hrs of Lemons), and it was a bit rough.

I've seen a ton of people pan it and claim "it's not Top Gear", but to that I say, "no shit".

It'll take a bit of time for them to get their stride, I think, but for a pilot it wasn't bad.

If Top Gear is the standard by which all are measured, at a 10/10, then I'd say the Car Show initially is about a 5-6. It wasn't a bad way to kill the time, but it's not like I'm Jonesing for the next one.

If it hits a 7.5 or so, I'll be happy and a fan.

9. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think it'll get better. I've dug it, and I've seen every one of them so far. But I'd agree with you, with Top Gear consistently hovering around a ten for ten... This one is starting out about half of that.

What is somewhat coincidental to this conversation,,, Netflix just started streaming every season of Top Gear. I started watching season one (obviously without Captain Slow) and its painful. So hopefully this one has the same arc. Albeit most pilot episodes are shitty, so it should get better with time.

Plus, and this is purely speculation on my part,,,, but 3 of the 4 guys are writers.... Which tells me that the scripted part of the show is only gonna get better.
    A couple things that I don't like: They have too many segments. Instead of 4 or 5 segments per show, lower it down to 2 or 3 so the presenters can find their strides. The whole thing feels rushed, and when they're interviewing guests it feels over-edited.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Ive been behind on the episodes for a while now, but just got caught up. Harland Williams is, and has always been, one of the top 5 guests on the show. He never fails to bring it.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah he acted a bit less looney and more lucid. I never liked his schtick about stopping everyone from cursing, which he didn't do this last time. It was a stellar podcast...

12. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Harland kept up with Adam and gave him significant shit, which is always entertaining.

I also have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the guys from Workaholics. I think their show is very hit-or-miss, but I think it worked because my least favorite of the three wasn't there.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aceman has been tearing it up lately. The one where they talked about him getting drilled in the ass twice by a football and later he talked about the French couple in court over lack of sex(Adams idea to tell the court the wife's cooch stank like garbage had me in tears). Instant classic. The midget they had on the other day was also funny as fuck.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you think Michael Moore is a big podcast fan?

Give Adam props for skirting politics the entire show and being able to bring out interesting conversation on top of it.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He had to, because he hates conspiracy theorists over 9/11, and Michael Moore did a whole movie. So if he got into it, he would have gotten into a huge fight.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, I am far from a Michael Moore fan but he's never done a 9/11 Truther movie. Fahrenheit 9/11 is about Bush's decision to invade Iraq not about some inside job at the Twin Towers. I'd love to hear the reaction Moore would have to Adam's thoughts on school lunch programs and his cum on his tits theory.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know Adam doesn't stay on topic, but would you be surprised of Michael Moore called bullshit on it a little more than Bush's decision to invade Iraq? It could have been combustible, hence Adam staying away from everything.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

"Scarlett Johansson raped by 90 wolves," was fucking hilarious. And the awkward, shocked silence after he said it was perfect.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The past two DAG episodes have been classics. I don't think Ive laughed as hard in quite a while when Adam mimicked the dude bro homo erotic shit talking leading up to a fight.

"I'LL PROLAPSE THAT ANUS WITH MY COCK IF YOU BRING THAT SHIT IN HERE!!! I AM UNCUT MOTHERFUCKER FUCKING BRING THAT FUCKING SHIT IN HERE!!!"

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got behind and I've been on a streak listening to these. The first DAG episode was great. Working up to the second. That Riki Lindhome episode was funny also "Did Clint try to sleep with you?" Fucking hilarious. The guy from Rotten Tomato's was also a damn good podcast. It was hilarious how fucked up Patrick Warburton got.

Only thing I don't like is when Adam bitches about current music. That "back in the day, music was better" shit is annoying. Doesn't everyone realize that shit will be eternal? I'm going to hate my kids music, they're going to hate their kids and so on. On the flip side, I love his attacks on Rolling Stone's music lists.