Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Ace Broadcasting Network

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Nettdata, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The news segment is kind of falling flat for me lately... not sure if it's just her finding her stride, or what... but it's kind of a solid "meh".

And yeah, Baldy really learned from Alison's firing and is REALLY stepping up to the plate... lots of very, very funny quick one-liners. I wonder how much of that is the brain tumour going away and him being quicker on his feet?

Haven't listened to a single episode of Allison because I really don't give a shit about what she says... never found anything she said make me give a shit about following up to get her opinion on things.

2. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to enjoy her Thursday shows. After the firing, she had to record her show from her house. The Thursday gang, which was mostly ACE producers like Matt, Chris, and Gary, did one episode with her there and then apparently got told they needed to stop so she replaced them with some other people she knew that were in every way less engaging and more annoying. So I unsubscribed and haven't listened since.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Forgot to mention that it's a throwback to Hair, the musical she did in college... where she was full-on nekkid on stage.

For some reason, quite a big deal was made about that by the guys in the studio when that was discovered. A few days later the new song showed up.

[​IMG]

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not exactly sure what chance Gina really has to "kill it" in the news. The whole Allison debacle revealed that it's Mike Lynch providing the stories (or most of them) and Gina just has to read them out. During the substitute period, the song had a line that was just like "Things that just piss Adam off" and that's pretty much it. She'll have to come up with other segments, when Adam gives her the chance.

The song does suck though, I get the intention, but it's not as catchy.

The one thing I noticed is that she's not sitting here with as tight of an asshole as Allison is. She's genuinely cracking up at some of the jokes. She also has been getting into the improv here and there, a little at a time.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Overall I sense a better chemistry... Bryan is REALLY bringing his A-game with the one-liners, and Gina seems more involved. They all seem to be feeding off each other better.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The trailer for his Paul Newman racing doc dropped and it looks really good:

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That looks really, really good. I've heard some buzz about it from outside the ACE network, and it's all been incredibly positive.

8. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I crazy or is there a random 50 second clip of some kind of hard news story that plays at the end of every episode? WTF?

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I noticed that a while ago. I usually leave the podcast early once they start to wrap it up, but I had my hands full once and couldn't skip forward, and they played a couple of news headlines from Podcast One or something. I do know that he's heavily promoted over there, and he promotes them, so they might just throw him a news tidbit every day to pique listener's interests.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gina has been doing an alright job. The way she cracks up at jokes kills me. Good lord would I like to have seen her in Hair totally naked. Or just to see her naked. Boobs. How old is she? Maybe there are some old digital shots from the shows deep in the website of the college she went to. A man can hope.

You almost have to feel bad for her that it comes up like twice a show. I mean if it is a decent enough joke she seems to go with it. Otherwise it feels like she tries to change the topic rather quick.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love it when she does that, it shocks you how different it was from Allison who did a little giggle laugh if anything at all once it happens. I'm sure the same old jokes will die off, but seriously, those tits don't go away. It'll come up just because people will want to think about it.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, if you look at his wife, and at Gina, Adam seems to have a type.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Allison had that squeal when something was really funny or too cute to her. Gina has a great gut laugh.

I agree Bryan has really stepped it up when interesting himself into jokes and bits. He's really pretty good at improving with Adam.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

He's really faster on his feet than Adam at this point, and comes up with some REALLY good zingers that kind of stun Adam every now and then.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think Ive heard much of Lisa Lampanelli outside of Carolla's podcast. I really really do not find her crass New Yorker schtick funny at all.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I've always found her to be more annoying than anything.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

In other news, I'm really happy for Adam to see that his Newman Doc is getting very high praise from all circles.

Haven't seen it yet myself, but am hoping to this weekend.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Its pretty good, I really enjoyed it. Growing up about 20 minutes from Lime Rock, I had no idea Newman spent so much time there.

As far as the podcast goes, Gina Grad is so much better than Alison Rosen. Its amazing what a positive attitude does for show morale.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep, she's a night and day difference, if you ask me. She sounds like she'd genuinely enjoying herself and it really adds to the show.

Don't hear many people still complaining about the switch now that you can experience the difference.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's definitely more chipper and her laugh slays me. It does feel like the shows quality has gone up. Though she doesn't really add that much more material wise. She's included on sketches a little more, which is next to never, and the news is still truncated by Adam barreling over topics.

#220 Kubla Kahn, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015