Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Aaaah!! My eyes are burning!!!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by scotchcrotch, Oct 1, 2010.

1. theRookie

theRookie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The scene towards the end of Saving Private Ryan where the guy is killed by a German slowly forcing a knife into his chest as he's trying to fight him off, and begging him to stop. Can. Not. Watch.

2. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This reminded me of the scalpings in Inglorious Basterds. Who can watch that stuff?

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My all-time list of Fucked-Up Shit

These following films don't just have a couple key scenes- most of them are wall-to-wall grotesque, the hardest of the hardcore:

Salo: 120 of Sodom
    Man Bites Dog
    Begotten
    I Spit on your Grave
    Make Them Die Slowly!
    Blood Salvage (produced by Evander Holyfield, her challenges boxers to endure it. They can't.)
    Cannibal Holocaust
    Maniac (1980)
    Tokyo Gore Police (Jesus FUCKING Christ)
    Ricky-O! The Story of Ricky
    Zombie
    Blood Feast
    Eraserhead
    Un Chien Andalou
    La Grande Bouffe
    Irreversible
    Funny Games (1990)
    Ichi the Killer
    Andy Warhol's Frankenstein aka Flesh For Frankenstein
    Blood Sucking Freaks

Sit through any of these and you have true endurance, my friends. I know KIM can come with such a list as well, so feel free to out-deprave me.

4. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a very solid list, but I feel movies should only get credit for being depraved if they're good. I'm not as much of an expert on gruesome films as a couple of my friends, but I could definitely add some Euro, Japanese, and Hong Kong films to the ones above. However, the only one I would call really good are the already mentioned "The Untold Story", "Imprint", "Audition", "Tenebrae", and the Lonewolf and Cub series. There are others which are even more extreme, but they kind of suck, and I'm already desensitized towards cheap blood and sex, so what's the big deal?

Among quality US movies, I hear "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" is supposed to be good, although I haven't watched it yet.

However, I was a bit surprised at two films you included;

Trippy and weird sure, but disturbing? Even the hyped eye cutting scene was pretty tame.

A hilarious, very good action film, but the gore was just presented as entertainment, not something shocking. Besides, if you've read the comic books it was based on, the movie is actually a pretty tame, sanitized version of the story!

And damn, that list reminded me how much I need to watch "Man Bites Dog". Considering how much I loved "Clockwork Orange" and "American Psycho"...

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's an EXCEPTIONAL film, almost cinema verite-documentary style that only heightens it's realism. It IS more violent than mainstream movies, but more psychological and atmospheric than graphically extreme. Michael Rooker gives an award-calibre performance in it. People get turned off by it because it lets you get to know a sick mind a lot more than most people want to. It's loosely based on real-life sicko Henry Lee Lucas.

Man Bites Dog has been called the most hardcore film ever made, but I disagree. It has a rape scene that will give people nightmares and it's as sociopathic as plotlines get. Seniors and even little kids are murdered horribly in the film. The poster for the film shows the "hero" giving a baby a coup-de-gras with a 9mm in it's crib. It's a true Cassavetes-Cinema Verite film (no scripted lines), and it will make you feel dirty after watching it. Call it what you want: satire, commentary, or a really REALLY sick fucking joke.

Tokyo Gore Police 1.5 I only watched a couple of weeks ago for the first time. Sure, it has style to burn and it's VERY original and entertaining, but it's creator should be locked up and heavily sedated. Seriously, anybody who thinks up a movie that stomach churning should be considered a threat to society.

Another film I failed to mention was Sweet Movie. Don't fucking watch it.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I completely agree with this. Any time I even hear the name of that movie, that whole scene runs through my head. It's the desperation with which he is fighting for his life and in the end he just can't stop it from happening. It creeps me out like nothing I've ever seen.

Other than that when Ol Yeller is shot. I saw this movie when I was 5 and I have never seen it since. I don't think I cried as much or as hard when my own brother died. Couldn't find a clip of just then end, so fast forward to the end... If your fucking heart is made of concrete that is.

#26 E. Tuffmen, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Cant argue with that list, but its missing Serbian Film. Its incredibly fucked up, I could only sit through part of it, I was that disgusted (I have a strong stomach). Its supposed to be some bizarre allegory for how the Serbian government treats its people poorly. Whatever. Heres the trailer (NSFW is an understatement)

#27 Juice, Oct 9, 2010
  8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

PINK FLAMINGOS

That is all.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

KIMaster, this one is strictly for you: the next film from Yoshihiro Nishimura, only with zombies this time! The star is the sociopathic girl from Audition. I think I just came.

I mean, what is WRONG with the Japanese? This is some fucked-up shit to say the least (NSFW):

#29 Crown Royal, Oct 9, 2010