Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

A boy name Sue and all things "named"

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by hiphopguru, Oct 24, 2009.

1. White Zombie

White Zombie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Right when I just hitting high school, I had just discovered White Zombie. I really dug the music, listened to it constantly. Also, at that time, I had just discovered the wonders of of FPS computer games like Starsiege: Tribes, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, etc. Well, it wasn't too much of a stretch for me to use my favorite band of that time as my screen name. And, with very few exceptions, I've stuck with using it for pretty much anything that requires a screen name. It's pretty sad when other FPS gamer nerds start recognizing you from other games because of the nick and tag....

2. youaresomoney

youaresomoney
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I like how I can mark your posts as "fucking loser". Nothing has changed,

3. cuOL66

cuOL66
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I went to CU. I played OL. My number was 66 (and has been since I wore numbers.) My dad wore 86 when he played, and since I wasn't a tight end in little league, I reversed it. They didn't have 68 my first day of 9th grade football, so 66 was born. Boring, I know.

4. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My name's got the nerdy origins up the wazoo.
    When I started playing Counterstrike 1.5, I didn't care about death-kill ratio or anything, I just wanted to amuse myself. I would generally pick the wrong weapon for the occasion (light machine gun for close-quarters hostage rescue? Why not? MAC10 submachinegun for a sniper battle? Sure!), move erratically, and others things to throw people off. This got me the appellation of "Crazy".
    When I started playing Battlefield: Vietnam, I used "Crazy", until I ran into a guy called something like "aeThe Wolfae" or something. Decided to form an informal clan, and so Crazy Wolf was born. I've been using it since 2005 as my username, as the first forum I signed up on was a gaming forum, and yes, I am a huge nerd.

5. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Mine is not hard to figure out. I've only used it on this forum, though.

As for the avatar: I usually have bloodshot eyes (constant dry eyes and I cannot stand using eye drops or having anything close to my eyes), I wear glasses (again with the eyes - no contacts), I like beer and soccer/football. When I made the avatar, they didn't have a rugby ball; I'd have added that if they did.

6. BBQRIBS

BBQRIBS
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

i heart ribs.

7. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

When I first discovered the RMMB waaaay back in the day, I was pretty heavily into competitive darts here in DC. In a game of 501, a score of 180 is the highest possible score, and it's colloquially referred to as a ton80.

How exciting is THAT shit?!?!?

8. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Arrested Development is my favorite show.

My favorite character would probably be Gob or Buster (or Tobias or George Michael... oh hell, who can really pick?), but they don't let anyone know that I'm a girl. And yes, I know it's actually Lindsay and not Lindsey, but I always think Lindsay is such a weird spelling.

9. nickygonzo

nickygonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I used to be the86allstar on the old board. In restaurants when they're out of something they say "it's 86", so some of my friends and I use it to refer to anything that's gone, like if someone passes out, gets really fucked up, disappears for whatever reason...etc.

I had a bad habit of getting blackout drunk and trying to walk home, getting lost, and not being seen anywhere for hours and hours, so naturally I was dubbed the 86 all star.

Not sure why I didn't keep it, but when I was making my name for this new board I was watching the movie Rockaway starring Nicholas Gonzales, so I guess I'm just really creative like that.

10. Tibbsy

Tibbsy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Seriously uncreative - just a variation of my last name which everyone calls me

11. Captain Apathy

Captain Apathy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Mine comes from a Second City Sketch:

#131 Captain Apathy, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

its a lame play on my real name. Its what happens when I type too fast.

13. The Derelict

The Derelict
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm stupid.

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Frebis is the name of a Street in Columbus located in the east side white ghetto. There is a breakfast restaurant in Columbus that serves up greasy cheap. Their corporate headquarters is located on Frebis street, so is the original restaurant. I used to always talk about how I wanted to drink 40s with the white trash on the street, then stumble to the original TJ's for a barnyard buster (two eggs, two biscuits, hashbrowns, all covered in sausage gravy for $3.60). As a result my friends began calling me Frebis.

Alternative Focus: I've seen that sign on the side of highways for years. It used to make me think, then as I got older it began to make me laugh. I figured you all would enjoy it also.

15. CYbrosis7

CYbrosis7
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I had to name myself after a Unreal Multiplayer level, that died in complete obscurity.

As for my avatar. If you have to ask who Don Draper is - you need to get the fuck out of your sister.

16. Ironman

Ironman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've always thought the opposite, to be honest; but then, you spell it 'color' and pronouce Chicken Fil-A as if it were spelt 'filet' - but at the very least we can agree that the name 'Siobhan' ought to rhyme with 'Get in the van!'

My old screenname - which I think I'm still using on this forum, but not the new writing forum - is based upon the song, not the comic book. One night I was trying to explain to my Japanese girlfriend how awesome Metal was and she said "I do not like Ironman; he is cold." I liked her description, and being just as angry as I am now, as well as serving in the military at the time, it seemed like a great moniker. I still use it around here (mostly so that you people will recognize me) but aside from that I've mostly reverted to my name.

As for the avatar? They were all pics of me - the first at a firing range in Fort Knox, back in my army days - the second was based off of a Fallout II bootscreen, after I left the army (and in retrospect, very artistic in the sense that the F2 protagonist was an 'unknown' and I didn't know what I was doing with myself at the time), and the current is loosely Spider Jerusalem-like, in honour of the new boards, the fact that I haven't had a picture of myself taken in almost two years, and to reflect the type of writing I'm attempting to accomplish lately.

17. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My grandfather used to make me watch episodes of Gunsmoke as a kid when I was being babysat. Go figure, I'd identify with Miss Kitty. Also, I like the angry, all girl, teenage emo band Kittie.

As for my avatar, that would be me. I didn't feel like trying to find the one I had on the RMMB. Besides, it wasn't funny until SLF photo-shopped it.

18. gtmargie899

gtmargie899
    Expand Collapse

I go to Georgia Tech, so there's the gt, my nickname is Margie, and my favorite number series is 899.

I'm so creative I know...

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Due to a risque combination of clumsiness and shit happens, I have had six concussions. It began as "Crown Champion" when I was chasing Eric Lindros. The damage was as follows:

1) Checked from behind in a hockey game
    2) & 3) Hit it the head TWICE in the SAME GAME of pick-up baseball (no, really.).
    4) Thrown into a fire hydrant by a quartet of goons walking down the street.
    5) Run over by a leviathan of a man in Pantera mosh pit (Black Sabbath reunion tour).
    6) Surviving fatal car accident (I was a passenger).

..so certain people called me Crown Royal, and for my love of the home-brewed rye whiskey (though I actually like Jack Daniels and Knob Creek better).

As for the Avatar, it's my regular one and it just plain cracks me up (though I change it often).

20. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Er... I am a Chuck Norris fanatic. You can also find me in various places on the net as joe.momma, DreamOnAerosmith or some varitions of those (the Aerosmith one I made a LOOONG time ago when I was in "that" phase.)

For the avi, I discovered the wonders of GB emus... and play Red and Blue exclusively on them. They are so goddamn addicting. Charizard's obviously my favorite Pokemon... and I just love the look of that sprite.

(Any players interested in viewing all of the sprites for the Pokemon games can head over to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:pokémon if they're curious.)

EDIT: bbcode is messing with me. I swear I am doing it right but it's not showing up correctly in the thread. Damn Chrome for Mac beta.