Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

A boy name Sue and all things "named"

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by hiphopguru, Oct 24, 2009.

1. dii

dii
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

It's a song. Look it up.

2. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It's been my Internet moniker for a good eight years now. I love baseball, and played up through high school. I'm a guy, so that part is easy. And CAA are my initials.

3. Proverbs

Proverbs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

-Joseph O'Neill's Netherland

4. Howie F

Howie F
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I originally signed up for an account on the TMMB for one reason - to play in a $40k freeroll that Tucker had put on with the Gorilla Mask people.

I originally put the name as 'Howie Fucking Long", but I thought better of it and shortened it to what it currently is today.

I know... fascinating eh?

5. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I made the name when I was 12 and it's stuck since then. Jubilee was one of my favorite character from the X-Men comics, hence Jubes (and my avatar). 26 is my birthdate (no month) and 81 is the year. I originally made the name for a fanfiction site for X-Men stories and all of the good combos with Wolverine were taken, so I went with my second favorite character.

Exciting, I know.

6. rezy

rezy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I have been called rezy since I was in the 3rd grade, its a nickname from my last name. I have friends that don't even know what my first name is just rezy.

7. ReverendGodless

ReverendGodless
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Reverend Godless is one of the characters from Chuck Palahniuk's Haunted. The name of the story is "Punch Drunk". Reverend Godless is a former soldier who, with a group of other soldiers, dresses up in drag and allows people to beat the shit out of him for money. They're raising money to fund their ultimate goal, a war on religion.

Although I certainly don't condone blowing up the headquarters of all major world religions, there are several individuals, evangelicals and other religious fundamentalists, whom I would enjoy slapping in public.

8. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    When my unit was training to go overseas, we all had these little motorola radios that we'd use whenever we weren't using a secure net. We didn't really ever use them for tactical reasons, but they were handy when you needed to ask somebody something and they were a half mile away. We all jokingly made up call signs on these things, and mine was Danger Boy.
    When we were deployed , we didn't use the Motorolas anymore (the insurgents had them too, not a good idea), but I still used Danger Boy on our squad net. My real call sign was Tiger 22 Bravo Golf, so Danger Boy was much easier, and everyone in my squad knew who it was.

9. rupee

rupee
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rupee is a nickname I have had for years and is a cutesy, shortened form of my last name. That, and it's the form of money in the Zelda games.

10. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sound it out forwards very slowly.

Now do it backwards.

11. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm definitely one of the boring stories:

My name is Dan and my last name starts with Mc.

12. youaresomoney

youaresomoney
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This site is the only one I use this name, and quite frankly, it's fucking lame. I should have just changed it when this new board started but I figured I'd just use the same name I had on the RMMB. Who gives a shit anyway?

EDIT: Weird coincidence, the character on the right in the video is named Sue, after that song.

#72 youaresomoney, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

From the Simpsons. The Monorail episode:
    I've Googled "hoju" before and apparently some Asian kid who is really into video games uses it too.

No, my real name is not Homer.

14. Snippetty

Snippetty
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

My nick came from the character "Joy" in "My name is Earl". During one of the episodes she blurts out "Oh snippetty snap" and the rest is history. It stuck with me because it sounded funny at the time, and me not being native to the english language have always loved hearing different accents. So a southern oh snippetty snap just fit on a US message board like RMMB the second time around. My first nick was Marlboro back when it was TMMB, but that entire account was lost when my PC crashed and I went without one for a good 6 months.

15. Punk

Punk
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I picked my name, "Punk," because I enjoy punk music. I've had it since the old board. I also enjoy country and rap just as much, but I thought Punk had a catchier ring to it as a message board name. It was amusing to log in to the old board and read "Welcome, punk." I don't really act like a punk though.

16. etothed

etothed
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

Cypress Hill has a song called A to the Motherfucking K. It came out when I was in High school, and my friends started calling me E to the Motherfucking D. That is clearly too long to write out everytime, so I shortened it to EtotheD.

17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the title of a Tool song, and to me it's one of those cool words that practically plunge a meaning into your brain.

18. GrinAndBearIt

GrinAndBearIt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I got the name Grin for having a goofy shit-eating grin on my face far too often. My grandfather has the same look, which often gets us in or out of trouble. I've been chewed out by an authority figure for "not taking them seriously" on more than a few occasions. Hence I've been told Grin has to "GrinAndBearIt" sometimes.

19. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the sound Stormtroopers' blasters make in Star Wars.

20. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A while back I posted something on the RMMB about the time I woke my mom by smashing her leg with a baseball bat. Got several PMs asking me if this was the source of my name. I should've lied and agreed with them. But it's far more boring than that:

I am or was one of those exciting, threatening types who reads a thesaurus during down time. I was in a band when I came across the word believing it meant some form of insanity. But whenever I tried finding it again to verify this I came up empty. So I still used it as a title but with lyrics that revolved around prosthetics and Dear John letters i/o insanity. Google now tells me it's slang for drunkenness or some Irish port. Those work, too. Still have no idea why it popped into my head years later on the internet. I just know nobody else uses it so I don't have to keep thinking up dumb and dumber names or adding numbers or creating variations on names I'll never remember. Plus, for shits and giggles I added an extra "g" because I like the way lowercase "gs" have leg-like stems and so two imply a pair, etc.

(For the record: first time I read "suapyg", I always heard an older ladie's NY accent calling someone a "sewer pig".)