Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

A boy name Sue and all things "named"

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by hiphopguru, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Woody

Woody
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My user name is just my name in real life.

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Nothing original, just a generic go-to username that I use on most sites where I don't want to post with my real name. My initials, followed by enough numbers to 1) qualify as alpha/numeric if the site calls for it and 2) Make sure I won't get the annoying "username is taken" message.

In hindsight, I probably should have picked something with a feminine ring to it. This username, coupled with the fact that I work in construction, AND the fact that my first name is a unisex one, pretty much guarantees that no one guesses that I'm female.

3. fishysticks

fishysticks
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It's a nickname, and no, thankfully not because I smell like fish or anything like that. My maiden name is Fisher, people never got tired of creating nicknames out of that. Fishysticks just kind of stuck. That, and JFish. I've been married for years and people still call me JFish.

4. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My 1st wife and I had tried a number of times to have a baby. We had a stillborn daughter and 8 miscarraiges. We had given up ever trying to have a child when she got pregnant again. By this time I had gotten numb from the whole experience and me and my wife were clearly on the rocks due to the stress of the situation. So I just waited and waited for her to miscarry, but that day never came. This pregnancy was not without complications, but again, we were both numb from the whole experience of watching baby after baby fail.

Anyway, we had a daughter born 13 years ago this November, and I remember calling her a "miracle" when I held her for the first time, and the nurse jokingly called me "Mister Miracle".

The wife and I broke up about a year later and she moved with my daughter back to her native Sweden, but the name sort of stuck with me because it always brings me back to the happiest moment in my life.

5. Dynamite Harry

Dynamite Harry
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I normally use my last name on forums, but since the RMMB seemed big on anonymity, I chose to go with something more cartoony.

Crazy Harry was always my favorite of the lesser used Muppets, but Crazy Harry sounds too much like an appliance salesman so I went with Dynamite Harry to keep in tune with the character.

Seems to have worked out alright, and Harry is my dad's name so it's a little added bonus.

6. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My initials are M A D. The numbers are from a phone number and easy for me to remember.

Lame, but I'm too lazy to think up anything else.

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My first name starts with an I, my last name starts with a C, and Zorro has been my nickname for a long long time.

8. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I post under my full real name on most boards, a la BCWoods, but didn't want to proclaim my real identity on the RMMB, mainly because when I signed up there 3 1/2 years ago I was undergoing a background check for a cushy paper pushing position with the LVMPD, and didn't want to say anything um, questionable that could turn up in a Google search. TJMax was my handle on Ultimatebet (TJMaximus on PokerStars and anywhere else TJMax is already taken), so hey it works.

My last name means freedom in the Slavic languages, and of the two common spellings it's the more American-friendly version.

9. caveman drew

caveman drew
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My username comes from my old roommate Drew who is the scrawniest, hairiest person I have met to date. He didn't talk much and just kind of grunted so we called him "caveman drew". Mostly just to piss him off, but it stuck with being my username on the RMMB and on xbox live.

10. 3-8-echo

3-8-echo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Mine is a reference to a Pink Floyd song. In the middle of the song Learning to Fly there's an interlude with a recording of Nick Mason running through the pre-takeoff checks and calling for clearance, the plane's callsign being 3-8-echo. Seeing that I'm in to Pink Floyd and was completing my CPL at the time I first chose it, it seemed like a good choice. I still like it actually.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking hate always trying to come up with names for video games, fantasy football, message boards, etc so when I thought of Zyron years ago I always use it. I can't even remember why I picked it. The only place I don't use it is some asshole already had it on XBox Live. So on there I am Zyronicide.

12. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was seventeen years old and about to sign up for the RMMB, I was playing a ridiculous amount of "Killer Instinct", an extremely popular arcade fighting game during the mid 90's.

Although, it would be much funnier as a reference to this;

#52 KIMaster, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Queef Debris

Queef Debris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Visual imagery is a powerful thing

I shamelessly stole the name from a guy on xbox live while playing call of duty 4, we went at it the whole time during a game of team death match and at one point I had to drop the controller to hold my stomach as I couldn't stop laughing every time his name popped up on the screen to announce one of his kills.

As far as I know, he wasn't a RMMB member so it should be fine.

14. blackbetty

blackbetty
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Black Betty is my cat's name, after the awesome song by Ram Jam. As I posted on the previous pet thread I took Betty to the vet a while back and learned that she is actually a he, with no cock or balls. Poor kitty. I realize using my cat's name is laaaaaaaaame. I promise I am not a crazy cat lady. I have a dog too so there is some balance.

15. bicyclethief

bicyclethief
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Mine is from the old Italian film. When I finally signed up on the RMMB the financial crisis had really taken it's toll on my community. It seemed appropriate at the time.

Also, I'm a film nerd so it fits my personality.

16. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Senior year of high school I was obsessed with Pulp Fiction. Since in real life I'm a tiny, tiny white guy, I figured having a screen name representing one of the most badass movie characters ever would help compensate. I considered changing it for the new board but since I'm going through a Jeff Goldblum phase right now I figure I'll just pick something else I equally regret.

17. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Mine is the real name of one of my favorite hip hop artists, Slug (of Atmosphere).

Back when I signed up for the RMMB he wasn't as well known as he is now, but it was really the only music I listened to during that period of time. I got a few PMs about it when I first started posting a little more.

I just kept it because it was familiar, and I am not creative enough to come up with something witty. And yes, that is a picture of him.

18. oswald999

oswald999
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Oswald is that big blue octopus from that awesome cartoon on Nick Jr. 999 is a number.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine started as diablos26 on an old message board I used to frequent. Came up with it when playing the game Final Fantasy VIII, and as a retarded 16 year old it sounded cool at the time. 26 was just a random-ass number, not even sure how I got it.

It shortened to D26 when people referred to me, so I just shortened it to that from then on.

Kinda lame, actually. I should have come up with something better for a new board.

20. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a boss who used to yell all the time. "Get over here 'Now Slappy!'...I want the second deck scrubbed 'Now Slappy!'...'Now Slappy' are you really that fucking stupid?...When I tell you to take the spring line off that means you do it 'Now Slappy!, not when you god-damn feel like it!"

He yelled so much it got ridiculous, to the point where myself and the other crew members would just laugh and mock him behind his back. It made for good conversations while having a few beers after a cruise. I think at one point we even made a drinking game out of it.