Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

A boy name Sue and all things "named"

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by hiphopguru, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Bjornturoc = Born To Rock

Just an old joke recycled as a screen name, really.

2. Wiggy

Wiggy
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Mine is my nickname. It's a derivation of my last name. I think more people call me by Wiggy than by my real first name.

3. Dufresne

Dufresne
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Before the RMMB my go-to internet handle was ConcreteRancor, which I threw together from my handle before that, which was Rancor13, and the Concrete Donkey from Worms: World Party. "Rancor" of course was from Star Wars. Seeing as I'd picked that name when I was 13, I figured I'd wipe the whole rancor thing and go with something new.

I say all that because it's slightly more interesting than saying that my favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption, and Tim Robbins' character in it is named Andy Dufresne.

4. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both my avatar and screen name have an alias theme. Currer Bell was the pen name used by Charlotte Bronte when she wrote Jane Eyre, one of my favorite stories.

5. Spekkio

Spekkio
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm a gamer, (I'm getting better, I swear) so a screen name to me is important. I've used this name for years now. It came from an old super nintendo RPG game called Chrono Trigger. Most gamers know, Chrono Trigger is one of the most loved RPGs ever made. Spekkio was a weird monster who helps the main character by teaching him magic. Spekkio, the master of war, lives at the end of time, and studies every battle ever fought.

6. graffin226

graffin226
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

When I was 16, I went by the handle punkbythebook after the Anti-Flag song with the same name. Eventually I got tired of people giving me shit for the name without knowing the reference so I changed it to graffin. Greg Graffin is the lead singer of my favorite band, (Bad Religion for those not cool enough) so I made the change to still kind of show a punk 'tribute' without the angsty feel of the actual word 'punk' in the name.

7. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My nickname was Teddy in when I was younger in high school. I sort of liked it, but there is no way that I'm letting people call me that at university. I fixed it up nice to PoppaBear, keeping part of my nickname alive.

8. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well our national anthem is Oh Canada, and I so cleverly noticed that if you put a J in front, it mixes my name into it!

9. slammy

slammy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My real name is Tamara, the obvious nickname for that being Tammy. I generally refuse to let people call me Tammy, since I'm not a stripper or a country singer, but a few of my best friends get away with it sometimes. One day one of them mashed some different consonants in there, started calling me Slammy, and I embraced it because for some reason the word Slammy makes me laugh on the insides.

10. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    I think you're just sticking with fuzzzy because you're ashamed that as a lobster you're completely hairless. EMBRACE THE SHINY RED BALDNESS, LOBSTER BOY

[​IMG]

Focus: My name was come up with by my preteen self because I felt weird using my name all the time when making videogame characters and wanted a pseudonym instead. I just pretty much fused "Al" for "Alex" with "lord" for "fuck you I'm the fucking LORD and I'm awesome and the greatest shit ever and I own your sorry ass FUCK YOU". I've been using it ever since because fuck I'm still awesome.

Later I found out Allord is an actual name, who knew?

11. BrotherNumberOne

BrotherNumberOne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Brother Number One is the name Pol Pot, leader of the Khmer Rouge, gave himself upon attaining power. I always thought it was strange how brotherhood was used as a means to exterminate over 1 million "brothers an sisters", never a foreign enemy.

12. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My girlfriend christened me PIMPTRESS the night we found the RMMB. We tried a couple of other nics first, but they were taken. I kept it because it was convenient.

13. Assur

Assur
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was naming ship models (BFG) after gods who were dicks. I was on Assur when I first registered, otherwise I might have been Huitzilopitchli.

Yes, I'm a huge nerd. I'm watching Henry V now and I have to go because of the Harfleur speech.

14. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

On the RMMB I used to get queries on my internet moniker all the time. I never bothered explaining it till now though.

I used to play(well practice) football for the perennially terrible Northeastern Huskies(Div 1AA). My freshman year I immediately started dating a Texan girl who had transferred in from Texas Tech, who also happened to be a sports reporter for the school paper. She blatantly only wanted to date me because I was on the team, but I went along with it because she was hot and had a Texan accent. She figured that as I was an All-State player in highschool I was destined to be a star for the huskies, and she would be cool by association. However I guess she failed to realize that being All-State isn't very impressive if you are from Rhode Island, especially if you are a white runningback. I knew I wasn't particularly good, I was just pleased to not be paying for college while I was there. We broke up after the first half of the season during which I saw the field maybe two or three times all on special teams. After we broke up she kind of went a little crazy, one of the ways she spilled this crazy at me was by lambasting me in the school paper, calling me the "Ryan Leaf of Huskies football". I didn't make sense, considering I was a running back, not heavily recruited or a dick to the press(not that any media would ever interview me anyway), but it stuck with me for the two years I was at Northeastern. I embraced it, and seeing as when I signed up for the RMMB in 2003 was when I was at Northeastern, I couldn't think of a better name.

15. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm just a big fan of musical artist Danny Lohner, a.k.a. Renholder, and I love the way the name sounds. I've been using it for every screen name I've needed for the past four years.

16. swood

swood
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

swood - S for my first inital, and wood because when I first joined TMMB I was obbsessed with Elijah Wood, and Lord of the Rings. In my head I pronouce it as a word rather than S. Wood. I only ever wanted to lurk on TMMB so I just wanted a short nick with no connection to any other alias online, because I didn't want to be googled and have people discover TMMB, and flood it with stupid.

17. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Geez, I'm so used to having 2 hours to edit my posts, but apparently that's not the case.

I looked up Luke 2:17. Just some shit about some guys talking about some baby that some other guys had just talked to them about. These people need jobs.

Does that mean you're a baby gossiper, Luke?

18. Hello

Hello
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Because people prefer hellos more than goodbyes.

Unless you catch your significant other in a gangbang. I'm sure kicking their ass out would be enjoyable.

19. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A few years ago my friends and I went out to get Halo 2. On the way home we were trying to think of names to use for multiplayer and someone suggested Benzilla (like Godzilla) for me.

An added bonus is that it's an incredibly common handle so no one (read: potential employers) will ever be able to figure out which one is mine.

20. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If by baby gossiper you mean that I tell dead baby jokes at inappropriate times....... Then yes.
    I thought that it was a requirement upon registration to this place.

Unless baby gossiper is some form of horse whisperer that I don't know about.