Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

A boy name Sue and all things "named"

Discussion in 'All-Star Threads' started by hiphopguru, Oct 24, 2009.

1. hiphopguru

hiphopguru
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Basically after reading around and finding out what SUAPYGs user-name actually meant I realized that we all have put a lot of creativity into our screen-names. Here is the chance to voice out what exactly your screen-name means and how it came to be.

Focus: why'd you pick your name for the Idiot board? What is its significance?

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My name means Cow hunter, but can be interpreted as cowboy.

It came to me randomly while trying to make a disposable email account in college, and it stuck.

3. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A long time ago, I decided to sign up for Pogo.com, and chose as my screen name The_Unholy_Ham, for reasons only a 12-year-old can think of. Unfortunately, any references to the occult or whatever were a no-go on Pogo, so I instead chose to put Greek letters next to my pork product... and Alphaham was already chosen. So, I chose Omegaham instead.

It's not funny, it's not witty - it's just a name.

4. cw0322

cw0322
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It's my initials followed by my birthday. I am the most uncreative person ever....

5. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine has no special meaning, but hell, I'll play along...

About 4 years ago, when I first registered to play fantasy baseball on ESPN, I picked the named Rob4Atl (as in "Rob cheers for the Atlanta Braves"), and after that my fantasy football teams would be named Rob4Broncos (or the occasional Rob4Knicks) for the same reason. Eventually, any time I'd register a user name on a website, it would be Rob4Broncos out of convenience.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because I had a fever, and there was only one prescription.

I think I must have watched it earlier that day or something. Honestly, it got old pretty fast.

7. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Way back in the day, I was taste_the_rainbow on the TMMB. When he shut it down the first time and started it back up, I changed the "the" to "my". My memory is fuzzy as to exactly why I picked that but I know it has to do with "If you were a candy, what would you be"... I dig the sexual undertones.

Fun Fact: taste_the_rainbow was the first to show nipple on the boobie thread

8. hiphopguru

hiphopguru
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

glad to see my first thread make it!

hiphopguru- For as long as I've been into music really i've liked rap. I remember the first rap record I ever owned was a Tupac anthology. Rap turned into a hobby where I wanted to find out more and more about it. Got into some of the more "golden" years of rap and found out more about the true elements of hip-hop. Just the idea of hip-hop having it's own culture with fashion, art, dancing, music is always something that i've thought really interesting and tried to learn as much about it as I can. Nowadays I spend a lot of my time hanging out with Dj's, bboys, and artists learning about the culture. I listen to a lot of new rap and think there's some really intelligent arguments out there (Nas' idea that 'hip-hop is dead, etc) and some really SHITTY artists, see soulja boi.

Basically it comes down to the fact that I love hip-hop and try to learn a lot about it. Hence the name, Hiphopguru

9. bonzo

bonzo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That guy right there. ---->
    He's John Bonham of Led Zeppelin AKA Bonzo

The nickname was given to me but a former band mate. Since everyone in the 80s had to have double stack 100 watt Marshall amps cranked to 10, I had to beat the drums really hard to be heard. In a few years I was the loudest drummer in the area because of this. I also broke equipment like you wouldn't believe because I hit so hard.

Plus when I got drunk I was out of control and tried to fight everyone. Emphasis on the tried.

10. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Means "nothing" or "zero" in Japanese.

... at least I tell people that who don't know I picked it because of a hot anime character when I was 14.

11. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I have the pleasure of having hair that is one giant cowlick. If it gets long, rather than being like normal long guy hair, I grow what can only be referred to as the "white man's afro". It grows straight out in all directions, yet isn't the slightest bit curly.

The 7th grade football coach decided to nickname me fuzzy initially (before changing it to "lobster boy" when I broke my hand and was given a red cast). I went to make my first AIM screen name at the time and was set on fuzzy+birthdate. It was taken, so in my infinite 12 year old wisdom, I guessed that noone would have that with a 3rd z. So I became fuzzzy+birthdate.

As I was always annoyed in junior high and high school by the people who changed their screen name every 3 weeks, I took a moral stand and refused to change it. When I registered for the TMMB many years ago, there was already a "fuzzy", and so it seemed like a sign that I had to remain fuzzzy.

Had I waited only a few more weeks to make a screen name in 7th grade, you guys might have all known me as lobster boy.

12. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As you can see by my avatar, I'm a huge University of Memphis fan, so gtg=Go Tigers Go (the first words of the fight song) and 2k=the year I started there. Not a lot of hidden meaning there. Just a name.

13. LeChuck

LeChuck
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The greatest villain from the greatest computer game of all time!
    On the RMMB it was the English translation of my last name but I grew tired of that.

14. CoolHandPete

CoolHandPete
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My name is Pete. Cool Hand Luke is a favorite movie of mine. There you go.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I was at a loss as to what to use as a screen name so I used the name I gave my then toy truck.

It was a 1988 Toyota 4x4. Get it? It was my Toy Toyota and I just called the old girl Toytoy.

I really miss that truck, it's one of the few toys I wish I would've kept.

Here she is getting ready to haul all my worldly belongings to Mississippi , and after a little adventure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mine's a nickname given to me by my old coach in hockey a few years ago. It's actually a modification of my last name. After getting my second goal one game, which came at a pretty important time in the game, my coach said "It's Creelmania! The crowd's going nuts!"

I liked the sound of it, so when my e-mail got hacked a few weeks later, I created a new hotmail account using it, and haven't looked back since.

17. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When my parents were deciding on my name, my father wanted to name me after a buddy who died in Vietnam. Luke.
    My mother not liking the name, decided to name me Phillip. Since my dad was adamant that I should have been named Luke, and my legal name was already Phillip, he just decided to to call my Luke my entire life. To this day my dad calls me Luke and my mother calls me Phillip. What a couple of fucksticks.

The 217 part came from a buddy of mine who out of the blue started calling me it. I have no idea where, but it caught on with a certain group of friends and to this day they still refer to me as "The Two Seventeen"

And Luke 217 was begat.

18. Roboto

Roboto
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

One of the places I would eat on campus while I was in college had a free jukebox. Every time I walked in, I would head straight over to the jukebox and play Styx's Mr. Roboto. It wasn't the usual request, back in a time when everyone listened to nothing but Dave Matthews and Blues Traveler. After a while, my friends knew that if Mr. Roboto was playing, they could find me hanging out there.*

*This was also back when I refused to own a cell phone, so meeting up with people was not always very coordinated for me.

19. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal have always been some of my favorite books, and movies (even though I could go on quite a rant about the ending in movie-Hannibal). Hannibal Lecter has always been one of my favorite fictional characters of all time. He is charismatic, intelligent, had great taste, and hated the rude. The books go into even more detail of why he is such a fascinating character.

I've been using LadyLecter for at least 7 years and I can't see myself stopping anytime soon.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I used to work for Nettwerk Records as the IT Manager. If you're not familiar, Nettwerk is Sarah McLachlan's record label, and they manage a large number of groups such as Barenaked Ladies, Avril Lavigne, Sum41, etc. Their early roots included Skinny Puppy, MC 900 Ft. Jesus, Consolidated, Delerium, the Grassy Knoll, and some other more industrial groups. Trent Reznor even sent in demo tapes to be signed by Nettwerk back in the day. The owners of Nettwerk also started/owned Lilith Fair, so we did all the support for that. We were considered the leaders in online technology at the time, so we did a bunch of work for EMI, Virgin, BMG, Sony, and individual artists like David Bowie and Bryan Adams. We were credited with the first use of an email address on a CD/marketing, creating enhanced CD's that could play in your computer (for everyone from the Wu Tang Clan to Shania Twain), and worked with companies like Dolby and Quicktime to develop their products.

Nettwerk was actually made up of many different divisions. We had a merch company, an artwork group, management arm, etc., etc. Basically, we were a one-stop shop for the music industry, and provided our services to other companies and groups in the field.

Each of those subdivisions had it's own Nettwerk-themed name, like ArtWerks for the art department, etc.

Seeing as I was the head of the IT group, and we were dealing with the introduction of this crazy fad called "The Internet" by developing things like database-driven web sites (before they were the norm), we were toying around with starting up an internet development division, called NettData. It never came to fruition (I left before it could), but my nickname became "NettData".

It's kind of stuck.