Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/6/13 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Toronto is the NYC of Canada. It is the one city in our country with the "centre of the universe" attitude, it loves regarding everything it does as a world-class event. If people from Toronto could only say one word for the rest of their life, they would all choose "So?" My wife loves it completely and wants to live there. I do not. I don't hate Toronto, but I hate its traffic: an average 100 minute commute, the worst in North America. I like it because it has everything: actual professional sports teams (with fans who will never jump you in the parking lot/subway), huge concerts, museums, record stores, guys calling you "fag" while riding by in a car with six other dudes. I used to be heavy into their bar scene years ago, they had monstrous clubs if you were into EDM.

But, it's traffic is outrageous. It's not packed with BatShitCrazy like Boston or Calgary, but there's just SO MUCH of it. And they will NOT let you in.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's a Scottish game.

SCOTTISH!!!!

Got it? They have golf and curling. We are Lacrosse, Hockey and Basketball (although he was living in the USA at the time). It's a fucking curse that we are related to that boring of boring games. It sucks, curling does. It's for senior citizens too wired to fall asleep in front of the Golf Channel. I have tried it once. It's fun to play because you cheap-shot your friends and you allowed to get drunk while playing (like golf), but as a spectator sport it is absolutely stultifying.

Fuck curling. Give me that Afghan sport where they chase after the sheep corpse on horses.

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Basset hounds make the world a better place.

#44 Rob4Broncos, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

When you're all munching the same Monarch's box, does it even make a difference?

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's my dog Rudy. We think he's half lab, half rotti. He's completely afraid of the water and is awesome. I grew up with big labs, for me a medium dog is anything under 70lbs. Rudy is a solid 90.

<a class="postlink" href="http://s754.photobucket.com/user/toddamus1/media/RUDY_zpscbe15783.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s754.photobucket.com/user/toddam ... 3.jpg.html</a>
    <a class="postlink" href="http://s754.photobucket.com/user/toddamus1/media/rudy3_zps6ef5e5d3.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s754.photobucket.com/user/toddam ... 3.jpg.html</a>
    We tried giving Rudy a life vest, because we thought it'd help his fear of the pool, it didn't. He was still terrified.

This is Cosby, 105 lbs of sweet lovable lab. Unlike his brother, he loved to swim. On hot summer days he'd just hop in and hop out. He also liked to go on the first step of the pool and just hang out there and chill. Miss that guy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://s754.photobucket.com/user/toddamus1/media/cozinthepool_zps79fe57ed.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s754.photobucket.com/user/toddam ... d.jpg.html</a>

Btw, people who dress up dogs are weird. Its a dog, not a doll, not an accessory. A bandana is fine, a jersey works too, but a wizard costume, yikes.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There is a large group of people who seem to make Canada look like we love curling and figure skating. This is the demographic known as "People Who Will Be Dead Soon." Nobody my age, or ten years older, or ten years younger...watches curling or plays it. My city has nearly half a million people, there is one place total you can go to play it here. They act like nobody watches the NFL up here yet bars are packed every Sunday and no friend of mine even leaves their house because the law would forbid them to drive. Yet they associate that broom n' rock faggotry with us like it should be painted on the goddamn flag. At least it has hot chicks playing it (WHY I don't know). I don't know ANYBODY who thinks that this sport is cool. Because it ISN'T cool. Like cricket. Or Water polo. Or other drab, weird-ruled sport you would only watch if your country was playing for the gold medal.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Aw, little buddy. And Asmara is the NYC of Eritrea, but that ain't quite the same as being the real one.

Drake is cool though.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I was referring to the "Only we matter" attitude. But if you want to take credit for having bigger assholes, knock yourself out.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on 2013 Hollywood - step it up.

Labor Day 2013, Top Films
    1 One Direction: This is Us
    2 Lee Daniels' The Butler
    3 We're the Millers
    4 Instructions Not Included
    5 Planes
    6 Elysium
    7 The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
    8 The World's End
    9 Getaway (2013)
    10 Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

Compare that with the titles included in the list thirty years ago.
    Labor Day 1983, Top Films
    1 Mr. Mom
    2 Risky Business
    3 Easy Money
    4 Nat'l Lampoon's Vacation
    5 Return of the Jedi
    6 Hercules
    7 Flashdance
    8 Trading Places
    9 Staying Alive
    10 Wargames

I was alive then, and with the exception of Easy Money, which I watched later on the HBO premier, I saw every one of those at the theatre. The only one of the 2013 list I've seen is World's End.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Porsche. There IS no substitute.

Seriously, that Hercules movies starring Lou Ferrigno is hilariously bad. And hilariously dubbed, much like when Arnold played Hercules some manly-manly radio guy fills in the voice-over for Lou's marble-mouthed accent. And it has a sequel!

...and it's STILL better than Flashdance. Has anybody ever seen that movie? It was a huge hit, like BLOCKBUSTER huge, and it's just plain unwatchable. It's soundtrack was huge. And like the movie, sooooooooooooooo corny.

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Don't worry, I understood your Canadian analogy.

Bigger and better assholes.

At least you Canadians have Nickelback, I'll give you that much credit.

13. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Huh? What? Were you talking?

Everyone sticks through the movie for that one scene. Personally, Beals looks better now. Probably because she doesn't have the same haircut as a retarded poodle.

The last movie I saw in the theater was Skyfall. While it had script issues, it blew my mind with how gorgeously shot it was. Each scene was a painting. I *had* to see it opening week.

It's not that movies are necessarily crappier (though, they are, they really fucking are), but the ticket price is so expensive to see something with a high potentiality to suck floppy donkey dicks. I want to see The Conjuring and one or two others. No way do I want to sit in a theater for $10+ with a bunch of stinky jerks for that privilege. I'll wait to watch it in the comfort of my cave where pants are forbidden.

An aside, I caught some of Dark Knight Rises last night. Bane still creeps me the fuck out.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I know what you guys have. But a picture says a thousand words.

[​IMG]

15. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lets not lump the Bronx in with the rest of New Yorkers. New Yorkers aren't the worst people on earth...only when they move to Florida. I know this because that is my family. A shameful, shameful admission.

16. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, too bad for them that the Red Sox have stuffed donkey dicks in their ass two nights in a row.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Buddy is terrified of the water, too. We took him to the beach when we went snorkeling and he sat on his butt and cried the whole time because he thought the ocean ate me. Another time, he sat on some rocks and shivered and cried once we made it to the waterfall and pool at the top of a hike. He is a big baby.

Have you ever considered having one of those breed tests done through Wisdom Panel? I really want to get one done just to satisfy my curiosity but it is $70 and I am sort of worried that Buddy is so completely Heinz 57 that it won't really work for us.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Red Sox fans have the added racism card sprinkled in here and there. But nobody keeps it real like Dodgers fans. My god. Welcome to Angertania.

Overwhelmingly, players of the MLB rate Cardinals' fans as the best.

19. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I lived in San Diego, my buddy and his girlfriend went to the Dodgers-Cardinals game at Dodger stadium. They are really polite, cool people. They got spat on by Dodgers fans, and they got verbally harassed. It doesn't help that Dodger stadium is in East LA though.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I love the Leafs' fans. Zero harassment while still managing to be drunk. If they best my team (Sabres) they would all be constantly asking me for photos with them but that's it. No threats, profanities or the throwing of batter's helmet ice cream cups. They love their team and they love being there. The ACC is a brilliantly run facility, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.