Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/5/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For almost 10 years, starting my last year in high school, I had to stop using music as my alarm and resort to the horrendous beep-beep-beep of the alarm clock.

The reason was that I started having regular dreams about listening to music, caused by my alarm clock/stereo going off, but I would never wake up. It didn't matter how loud I set it, I would just dream about listening to loud music at a concert or something.

My first week at a new job, I woke up to the phone ringing. As I stumbled to the phone and answered it, I was vaguely aware that my stereo was on far too loud to be able to hear the person on the phone. I shouted at the caller to hold on, went and turned off the music, then found out that the caller was a woman from the temp agency asking if I was planning on showing up to my assignment that day. I can't imagine what she thought about me being over an hour late to work and clearly spending that time listening to music loud enough to wake the neighbors across the street, and I still have no idea how the phone ringing in the next room woke me up but Rage Against the Machine screaming out of my speakers did not.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The production is pretty good, his flow is decent, but his voice is annoying and his lyrical content is absolute garbage. I get that alot of hip hop isn't mentally stimulating from a lyrical perspective, but if the hook and verses are only about you smoking good weed with a bad bitch, at least have something to grab me and pull me in. You take some mediocre but famous rapper like 2 Chainz and nobody is gonna confuse him with Nas or Kendrick Lamar, but he has presence on the track and grabs you. This was just pedestrian. Props to the dude for going after it though...

#702 JWags, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Seems pretty clear to me.

[​IMG]

4. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why do I always come up with the great ideas too late? I saw a photo of people waiting in line for the new iPhone and thought about how funny it would be to go down the line counting people then stop at some person and tell them there weren't enough phones for anyone after that point in line. I'd wear a tie to look official and I'm old, so nobody would question me. Can you imagine the uproar? Just wait until the iPhone 7 comes out.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Apparently I am like Matthew Fox to my wife in her dreams. Sometimes she relents from me because I was a complete monster to her...inside her imagination.

Why do women (and only women) do this?

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

iSuck

Stop there. Don't tell them anything, yet. Just count, don't stop at 50 or whatever - stop at like 73, or something random. Carry a clipboard or tablet computer, say "annnnd seventy-three. Hmmph." and then make a mark on your notes. Give person number 74 a discouraging look, like "sorry." Wait for them to ask, then respond with "Mmm, well, I'm not really authorized to say. But, there may be a limit." Then, when they get all huffy, you just say "Well, I'm not going to tell you there's a limit. I'm just going to say that a lot of people here are going to be disappointed." You haven't lied or anything . . .

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I don't mind presenting what our department does to a bunch of sales people - but you REALLY want a 30 minute Regulatory Affairs presentation at 8:30 on the Friday morning after the Thursday night wine mixer? I suspect that may have been poorly scheduled.

8. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They installed security cameras at the warehouses recently and, unfortunately, the monitor faces my desk. It's like the world's least interesting reality show, but I'm fucking mesmerized.

9. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Definitely. It's easy to shit on this kind of thing (lyrics are unoriginal, video was a bit plain... probably done on a budget though, so not bad), but a lot of work went in to making that finished product. I bet his next one will be quite a bit better better.

I do think it's a little ridiculous how the message in those types of songs is always "I'm awesome at everything and nobody does it like I do, watch out for me." Either accomplish something first so you can brag about an actual thing, or find something else to say. Oh well.

Also, all the weed smoking lines are hilarious. As if you have to be a real OG badass to handle smoking a lot of pot. LoudPack, I will smoke you under the table while wearing my Star Wars pyjamas and sipping on apple juice.

#709 JoeCanada, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Attached Files:

11. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

That's because old people are easily amused.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

said the old lady.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Done here.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like there is a joke in there about an elbow.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Just like that photo of Sophia Loren smugly leering at Jayne Mansfield's ta-tas:

Attached Files:

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Helps if I actually locked this. Have another pill shegirl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.