Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/27/13 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You also build in sick days by telling your employers you sometimes get "migraines" you shiesty motherfucker. I'd rather use my sick days on a vacation as opposed to sitting on the couch playing GTA cause I got a flu shot.

That being said, your middle point is spot on. Knock on wood, I have a pretty awesome immune system. Only missed 2 days of school from sickness in HS and only got really sick once or twice in college. Since graduating, I got flu-like symptoms once, and that was over Christmas break and I was playing with my cousin's daughter who we later learned was sick cause toddlers are festering buckets of disease. I was a mess that night, went to bed and laid low the next day and I was fine. I'm not gonna get a flu shot, but I am hyper paranoid about getting sick. If I have a headache, sore throat, foggy head, I start slamming zinc tablets, those emergen-c dissolvable tablets, and eating full bottles of Trader Joes gummy Vitamin Cs (also cause they are DELICIOUS). Usually I avoid it pretty well.

However, my old roommate used to get sick, to the point of missing work, monthly. Normally you get worried about getting sick if your roommate is sick, but not with him, cause we realized he was not a good barometer of health. On Spring Break our junior year, he hooked up with a girl who had a slight cold. 24 hours later he was bed ridden and in a very bad way and we had to call one of the kid's dad who was a doctor to get a script for antibiotics faxed down. He was sick the rest of the trip. He may have the HIV.

Bottom line, I wish Jenny McCarthy would stick to being unnaturally hot for her age and avoid these stupid discussions.

2. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you want to go ahead and quote where any of this was said? Vit D levels are pretty much the best indicator of susceptibility to the flu. All the other stuff you mentioned has not even been brought up as of yet and I think those other vaccines are worth the potential (and again unproven) risks.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your body can only metabolize around 400mgs of vitamin c and it has been disproven as being affective in fighting viruses.... Fuck you science!

4. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every year I think I should and then don't because I'm lazy. What does that make me?

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

e = mc2

For all of you getting the vaccine, why do you get the shot instead of the nasal spray?

And for all you not getting it, the chance of getting Guillain-Barré syndrome from the vaccine is only like 1 in a million. Wouldn't you rather take your chances of paralysis than having to lie in bed sore, watching NetFlix and missing work for 3 days?

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Re: e = mc2

The shot is what they offered. And I'll take free versus paying 30 bucks.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh I don't know Frank, this shitty hospital website called the Mayo Clinic?

Here is the deal with vaccinations. You people forget that these are people, human beings, working on these vaccinations (and have worked). Some scientists want to be the person who has their name immortalized because they ended this disease. Other scientists may have lost love ones and have a personal vendetta against the disease. And there may be a group of people trying to put together the best product possible just so they can make a fuck ton of money off it, but the result is the same.

No one gets polio or smallpox anymore for a reason. Pointing out the fact there are known unknowns that no one can trace or measure is fucking retarded and counter productive to life. Jenny McCarthy and people like you, are actually racking up a body count because less educated people listen, and people suffer. Until you spend 10 plus years of your life focused on studying this shit under a microscope, running experiments and coming up with conclusive evidence calm that shit down. Would you listen to some guy who's played Minecraft on how to build your house? No you fucking wouldn't. BUT BUT BUT I READ THESE BOOKS ON HOW IT WORKS! No. No. Fuck that noise No. Unless you have a PhD in front of your name or work in a research facility, it's all bullshit.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My employer offers the shot and nasal spray for free, so I figured "why the hell not." Last year was the first time I volunarily got the flu vaccine (ever) and I didn't get sick. Of course I have chosen the nasal spray both times- screw needles.

I rarely do get sick with something flu-like but when I do, it's crippling for a couple of days. The last time was during the last finals week of my senior year of college. Boy that was fun.

9. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How in the fuck did our species survive this long without getting a goddamn flu shot? Jesus christ. People are becoming the biggest fucking pussies in the history of ever. Flu shots . . . anti-bacterial soap . . . blah, blah, fucking blah.

Go play around in the dirt a little bit and build up your own fucking immune system and deal with it. If you get sick, shit happens. Tough it out and deal with it.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fuck are you on about?
    Frank didn't say anything like what you're ranting about...pretty much at all. And in fact, even said the other vaccines are worth it. Calm down. Have a cronut. Jesus.

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: e = mc2

I don't like putting drugs up my nose. Anymore.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Adaptability works both ways too. Go eat some raw uncooked beef and let us know how it works out. After all, our pre-agrarian ancestors did it for thousands of years and their lifespan was well into the 100s wasn't it? Or did they die on their 30s?

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jokes on you, the key ingredient for my body is the extra 600 mg of Vitamin C and their accompanying placebo effect.

14. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cronuts are full of carbs, Frank would never condone that shit.

15. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want some fucking carbs. Deadlifts and heavy squats this morning made me hungry as fuck.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No that was addressed to Frank's overall viewpoint (and anyone else anti-medical professional), his counterproductive stance of "Well just because it isn't harmful doesn't mean its safe! It could hurt you somewhere down the line", his comment about the Flu being low risk even though its kills a good amount of people a year, and him trying to call out my source like I'm pulling this information off some "We <3 Big Pharma" blog curated by a nursing student.

People care about your deadlifts and squats as much as they care about my new series of facebook posts going up today for my client. Pretty sure there is a thread for that.

[​IMG]

18. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

When my son was about two, I would occasionally find him eating dirt. That's what I would tell people, "I'm just building up his immune system."

I'm not against the flu shot, but I also believe in the body's ability to fight stuff naturally. If I was sickly, or my kids had issues, I would get it for them. They've had all their other vaccinations, but I hold off on the flu shot.

And I believe there were reports showing that people were using the antibacterial stuff so much, their bodies were losing the ability to make antibodies to fight germs, so when people got sick, they really got sick. I also do not like the anti-bacterial hand sanitizer stuff. I know it's supposed to kill everything, but I feel like I'm just spreading everything around on my hands. And then my hands feel gross.

I think I'm going to start working on my Halloween costume today. I think it will be easy, but that is usually my downfall. And even though it's already ruined, I feel bad taking scissors to my wedding gown.

19. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

100% Cosign, and I'd like to point out that I'm sorry I forgot to congratulate you on completing your doctorate.

20. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

As my boss says, y'all could fuck up a piss up in a brewery.

My office looks like it got hit by a bomb. I will pay $10/hr for someone to come and tidy my shit. This offer is valid for the next 12 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.