Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/25/15 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, that is exactly what it means. You got a night-light for her, by any chance?

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    And no one ever heard from them again....

Damn filthy Irish

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Because the lead singer was such an asshole. He fired band members over and over. Watch the video, he fired the drummer half way through the shoot. Note he isn't in the final shot.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Huh. I never noticed that. I actually bought their stupid album for some reason. It sucked and I threw it on a bonfire about halfway through it.

Another 80's one hit wonder. Kind of a cool song.

5. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh 1984, how I miss you:

I never knew that song was written by the dudes from Abba. It all makes sense now.

And a list of true #1 one-hit wonders: One Hit Wonders. How did I miss that fact that Vicki Lawrence sang "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia"? I lived about an hour east of Atlanta for a few years. I'm certain that song was written about one of the gravel roads through the timber land in that county.

6. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That list is interesting, for the amount of one-hit wonders on the charts, but the composers went on to have success in other places. Walter Murphy has one hit with "A Fifth of Beethoven," and now a whole new generation hears his songs as the themes of Seth MacFarlane shows.

7. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Could it be one-hit wonders are simply a lack of implementation into commercialization?

8. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This list sucks shit. There are so many wonderful and influential bands that were and that were never recognized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNf54L5uFZI

Fuck, I don't even know if I'm on topic anymore. WDT4life!!

Assholes

OK, i can see why they might not have the appeal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJyTeuQCzo

But this is the song, it's brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJyTeuQCzo

#28 Tim, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My step-son is 8 and we already showed him the original and the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street. He was not phased by either, and was conveniently distracted during the teenage fuck parts of the movies.

This Halloween, we're showing him Child's Play.

10. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like the true scariest movies, they're not a jump-scare induced "hop to action" in the audience, as they all suck in breath and rein in their fight or flight, shit like Jaws and Jurassic Park [which often get shown to kids] are way scarier. Because imagine being in the situation of genetically engineered dinosaurs hunting you through a jungle, or a gigantic shark breaking apart a boat to kill you. It's terrifying. Take this asshole:

[​IMG]

He just looks like a glum little Asian kid who was told he couldn't have ice cream before dinner. And he just makes noises like two Siamese cats fornicating in a Dumpster.

Look at this motherfucker:

[​IMG]

True horror. A) Sharks exist, ghosts don't. B) Great Whites will eat us. C) Let's ignore all the Jaws sequels, conventionally, okay?

11. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Just for something that doesn't exist but is also terror itself, Tremors Graboids. Again, let's ignore the sequels. [Although that one prequel Western movie wasn't so bad]

12. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hedo Jamaica is the obvious choice. Doesn't anyone else pay attention to his posts (punctuation?)?

#32 Queen-Bee, Sep 26, 2015
  13. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

14. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sooooo, after being traumatized from my Kelowna trip, I quickly booked two trips to Vancouver Island. I fly out this Sunday night after work for the first trip (which is stressful because I don't have a finish time...I leave when the work is done. I have 15 minutes of projected wiggle room to make the flight). I just checked my email and realized that I'm flying into to wrong city! Holy fucking shitballs. I'm flying to nowheresville, landing at 11:40 pm on a Sunday night and my ride is in another city, getting off of work shortly before I land and another hour and a half of driving before she can get me. If you hear of anyone going missing in Comox, BC, alert the authorities. It's me.

#34 Queen-Bee, Sep 26, 2015
  15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The first one is excellent. That's one of the better slasher-style films. It was awesome and didn't resort to cheap exploitation shtick. Dolls have a tendency to scare a LOT of grown-ass adults. I decorate the porch on Halloween with them and the parents lose their shit, anything humanoid seems to prey on a very primal fear whether it be dolls, clowns or midgets.

Another I watched when I was six:
    image.jpg
    ...American Werewolf is an awesome film from beginning to end and hasn't lost a bit of its power. But THAT SHOT.... you saw it when you closed your eyes at night.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

It's time to get a little crazy! I'm off work and ready to have a drink or 3.

Yay for football and chilly mornings and pumpkin everything! I'm so excited October is almost here.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on, guys. It's Saturday night. Let's turn this party up.

[​IMG]

18. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw Pet Sematary when I was 5 and still freak out a little when I think of her sister Zelda. Nothing is scarier than spinal meningitis.

I saw Poltergeist when I was about that age as well and the only thing that freaked me out was the guy biting into a chicken leg and seeing maggots followed by peeling his face off in the mirror. She should be fine.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Sitting on my dad's deck, drinking his gin, and smoking a cigar.

Almost beat the fuck out of a friend of his who was pressuring my mom to sell him dad's guns.

It's sad to see what a death can do to some people.

Word of advice, people who say, "I'd never take advantage of you in your state of loss", and then proceed to pressure you to make a quick decison on giving up or selling things from the estate, are collosal pieces of shit.

You really get to learn who the real friends are.

20. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw Poltergeist on my 10th birthday and it scared the shit out of me. Spielberg is so good at his shit, just taking an every day ordinary family and then shit starts getting crazy. After that I could not deal with life sized dolls and trees by my bedroom window.

You never know what will scare a kid. I remember when my daughter watched the Chamber of Secrets. The giant spider wasn't a big deal, but seeing Hermione petrified really fucked with her head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.