Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/15/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Between buying the dog and all of the dog stuff, the vets "Puppy Package" and now an unexpected car repair, I'm forced to sell my soul. Oh and the SO leaves for hunting on Sunday for 7 days. It's only the 15th. Holy fuck is life expensive right now.

What have you done in times of financial straights? Sell your blood? Semen? Hair?

#1 shegirl, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'll give you $10 to show us your tits.

3. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a generous offer. The Cheetah in Atlanta only requires a $5 tip for the girls to take their tops off, and that's live and in person.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I didn't want to disrespect her due to our long history together.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

This must be a new rule.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's implied.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've had two rough stretches with finances. Once the person that was going to be my roommate ditched me and I couldn't afford the place any longer. I lived in my car and took showers at school for a few weeks. My parents found out. They felt terrible and made sure that never happened again. It was that day that I learned that I should just swallow my pride and aske for help if I need it.

The other time I was in between jobs and unemployment was paying my bills. In order to make ends meet I limited my food to eggs, tuna, ramen and frozen veggies. I ate for ~$3 and lost 30 pounds in a two month period. I ate the same meals all day every day.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is fucking funny...

http://www.news9.com/story/36371580/man-involved-in-oklahoma-road-rage-incident-tells-his-story

A dozen "bikers" with fancy bikes and GoPros were brake checking a guy and his family for about 15 miles, when he finally pulls over. Unbeknownst to the bikers, he had been on his phone to his brother, who was there for backup.

The 19 year old kid on the bike tried, and succeeded, to pick a fight, and it didn't go well for him.

As a defence, the bikers were yelling, "he's only 19!".

Hahahahahahaha! Exactly, shithead... you should either know better, or know how to fight better.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was marvellous. I wish he beat him for ten more fucking minutes. Young twerps never learn: you don't know anybody unless you know them. So don't pick fights. Especially when your opponent's friend turns out to be with the big red machine.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I make it a habit to sell old shit, as opposed to throwing it away. Craigslist, Ebay, Poshmark, whatever. You'll be surprised how much mental relief is supplied by an extra $40, and how easy it is to find something sellable in your basement/garage/etc. Hell, I've paid rent one month by liquidating my old tech drawer: ipods, old phones, old cameras and a GPS were gone in a week.

I've trolled Craigslist for temp work as well, but it is just as often that it doesn't pay anything.

When I've been flat broke, I've found the best thing to do is ask: typically, someone will put me to work after 5 or on a Saturday for a few extra dollars, even if it's blurring the line between paid work and charity.

For food, Dollar Tree. Ramen, basic spices, cheap snacks and eggs. If you can, farmers market's late in the day will give you an armload of stuff for cheap as opposed to taking it back. Something like, "I'm a broke student. If I give you $10 at the end of the day, will you hook me up with any veggies/fruits you don't want to take home with you?". Also, it's easy to find cheap ass beef heart or chicken thighs, etc. When we were broke in college, we'd do a supermarket run, get the cheapest stuff we could, and make soup out of it. Edible, somewhat healthy, and the cost per meal was less than $3.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    This will make your weekend. According to his lawyers, Martin Shkreli is in the general population in lock up.

"MDC, as the Brooklyn lockup for 1,800 men and women is known, has over the years drawn complaints ranging from sexual assaults to the lack of fresh air, sunlight and recreation."

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Installing the picket fence panels around our patio. A nail gun makes life a lot easier. Liquid nails and screws that don't require predrilling are highly underrated though.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That can't possibly end badly.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Tell me THIS STORY couldn't be written in about 24 hours time, starring RoTN....

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We went fishing. Or ate possum. Or pokeweed. Which is poisonous. But dad would cook it and I don't know what the fuck he did to it but we didn't die. We ate rabbit too.
    I remember sharing a large can of ravioli between the five of us.

Being poor fucking sucks.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Geez. He could honestly get fucked up bad if that's true. And there's s lot of people outside who laugh at the thought of him getting his hair braided while in a half-shirt. But that's rare in real life. And he won't get killed. A beating is probably what he would he get. Every day. Until he's killed.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Him using tools isn't what would scare me the most. Imagine if you told him "Here, disconnect this hydraulic line."

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I never sold anything, but I did live a few weeks with about 75 cents in my bank acct in college. I didn't have a credit card back then, so I ate soup and popcorn cause that's all I had in the pantry.

I'm rewatching Mad Men. Holy cow...I still love this show.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes it does.

While I've never been poverty level poor, there was a stretch where I was selling cars for a living. But, since I sucked at it, I pretty much made minimum wage for 3 months. Zero extra money to do anything fun. I'd have to pass up requests to go get drinks, go out to eat, movies etc. I literally went to work, didn't sell shit, went home, watched TV and just fell further and further behind on my bills every month. The last month I was there, I had to pay my mortgage with the remaining balance of my credit card. Thankfully I was able to find a different job at that point.

Fast forward a few years to when I met the now Wife. We were doing ok but still living paycheck to paycheck and in the last 4 years, we have doubled our income and life is awesome not worrying about money. If someone tells you that money doesn't bring happiness has either never had money or is just an unhappy person. Hell, give Durbanite a few mill and I bet he turns that frown upside down.

Edit to add - When we were growing up, we were far from poor by definition, but since my parents were trying to compete with the Jones', we'd have 3 brand new luxury cars, big house with a pool, 3 car garage (back in the early 80's that was something) but have to buy food with rolls of pennies at times.

20. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to sell plasma twice a week for about two years from the ages of 18-20.
    There are special promotions they have that can make it worth your time, and it also depends a lot on when you get there.
    If you get there first thing in the morning, you could be out in less than an hour with an extra $20-40 in your pocket, but if you get there in the mid afternoon, when everybody and their dog is there, you could be there for over 3 hours, and it's not much better than minimum wage.

No more of that for me, though. I do automotive side-jobs and sell scrap metal for extra cash these days.

Anyway, about Shkreli: I don't know how they run the Brooklyn county jail, but yeah, he could get fucked up badly in there. In my county's jail, guards routinely ignored the intercom.
    Here's a great read about just how bad things could get for him (I doubt it, but we can dream, can't we?):
    http://www.jimgoad.net/pdf/prison/donny.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.