Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/11, where were you?

Discussion in 'New Thread Suggestions' started by toddamus, Sep 11, 2014.

1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hard to believe its been 13 years since this awful day occurred. For me, it was one of the events in my life when I remember where I was when I heard the news, I remember conversations and events that happened that day in a precise order.

I remember I was in my English class, second period, Mrs. Nowaks class, when the principle came into the room and announced that the first plane had hit the WTC. I remember him saying they weren't sure if it was terrorists. After that announcement the class carried on. It wasn't until I was in theology class with Mr. Gaines that the second plane hit the building that everything stopped. After this, everyone congregated in the library and just starred at the TVs. The room was silent, people were stunned.I remember when the buildings collapsed on live TV the incredible sinking feeling I had, for a 15 year old it was all very overwhelming, I wasn't mature enough to process what happened.

Hard to believe 9/11 happened 13 years ago. Where were you? What were you doing when you heard the news?