Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/11/2015 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sad thing is half the Twitter replies is Obama being accused of supporting terrorism. I just love this country.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The best part is that he didn't even mention that backwater school or those cops, but we ALL know that the message was directed to them.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And the support just keeps coming in...

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 4.33.54 PM.jpg

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And now people are buying his plane ticket and the Four Seasons are putting him up.

Man... wish I brought a clock to work today...

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 4.35.27 PM.jpg

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Jesus. Kid builds a bomb. Still gets invited to the White House AND fly on a plane?

Wanna bet he gets the extra pat down before getting on the plane?

7. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

A Clockwork Brown

9. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, that would also happen if he tweeted about pretty much anything.

10. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry if this is too political and tangential to the main point but do we not support it?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq

"A year into the Syrian rebellion, the US and its allies weren’t only supporting and arming an opposition they knew to be dominated by extreme sectarian groups; they were prepared to countenance the creation of some sort of “Islamic state” – despite the “grave danger” to Iraq’s unity – as a Sunni buffer to weaken Syria."

In any case, did you guys see this?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-09-16-19-08-26

Chile gives Japan a run for it's money when it comes to natural disasters.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    To play the Devil's advocate here...remember after Columbine there was public outcry for Zero Tolerance. Just like every other thing the public has cried out about, laws were enacted to pacify them. Usually carrying the penalties to the ridiculous extreme.

What if this had actually been a bomb? Never mind the kid's name or religion. It COULD have been a bomb. How should the school have reacted?

Between media hyperbole and public hysteria, this world has gone fucking nuts.

I've talked many times about hunting before school and having loaded guns in our trucks at school. After Columbine, one of my friend's son was spied off school grounds unloading his gun, securing it in a case and putting it behind the seat of his pick up. The police were called, the gun confiscated, and he was suspended for two weeks.

Four years ago, another friend's daughter (An honor roll student) had a knife. Someone reported it. A knife with a 1" blade. The police were called and she was suspended for a week. Zero. Fucking. Tolerance.

I think what should've happened in this case is common sense. "Oh, It IS just a clock. That's pretty cool. You might want to be a little more careful showing it off because it could be mistaken for a bomb."

Problem solved.

But no, let's arrest the kid and alert the media that he's a Muslim and we're all racist pieces of shit.

Christ.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How about how everyone is coming down hard on the ladies of the view for making fun of that miss America nurse's monologue?

Everyone is all up in arms for them belittling a nurse when they were just shitting on her shitty monologue. It was awful. Without a trace of emotion and recited at the speed of light. It was like a 3rd grader reading a book report to the class.

It was the talent portion of the show. I'm sure she's a decent nurse. Hot as hell and I bet her patients love her. But why can't we criticize her shitty monologue without it being interpreted as shitting on nurses?

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Who the fuck cares what the View has to say about anything?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just picked up a Nest Cam, and holy fuck is it absolutely amazing.

Incredible quality, even in low light, and a great overall set of features.

Was hoping for the best based on the Nest thermostat I have, and they delivered.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's the show that hired Elizabeth Hasslebeck to appear on camera, as well as talk and have thoughts come out of her mouth.

Nothing about that show has validity.

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to take guns to high school in a non-violent fashion as well. That was in the late '90s.

I remember this one incident during my sophomore year, however:

I had a late lunch period, and to shut my stomach up during my math class, I would bring a "roll" of Ritz (TM) crackers with me, and I'd eat them and share them with my friends.
    The problem was that the roll of crackers would get banged around in my back pack, and end up as so much sawdust.
    So I found a solution to the problem: It turns out that a roll of Ritz (TM) crackers fit perfectly in a piece of 2" diameter PVC pipe. I cut a length of pipe to the appropriate length, slapped some caps on the ends, and I had the perfect cracker holder!
    It looked like a stereotypical pipe bomb, however.
    I used that cracker carrier for a couple of months without issue, until one day one of my idiot friends decided to try and prank his teacher, saying it was a real bomb.
    The instructor (chemistry, for the record) called the school security guards, and the guy was hauled into the security office and questioned about the pipe full of crackers.
    The piece of pipe was "confiscated" as "evidence," and I later found out from that same chemistry teacher that he kept it and used it as a humidor.
    Fuck that guy.

17. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Probably would have been fine if Behar hadn't acted like she was putting on airs for wearing a stethoscope. You pretty much lose any high ground when you don't know what nurses actually fucking do. Then again . . .it's the View (doodlie, doodlie, doodlie-do!!)

18. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it had of been a bomb everyone there woulds still be dead. They knew right from the start that it was a clock and yet still proceeded down this road.
    If they thought there was even a 0.000001% chance it was really a bomb then the school should have been evacuated. The fact that they took no measures other than to arrest and humiliate this kid proves that
    A - the police and the people running the school are morons
    B - They knew all along that this was a clock and they were just trying to shit on this kid and flex their power.

to dismiss off hand the possibility that this would have ended very differently if the kid hadn't been a muslim in texas is a little more ridiculous than jumping to the conclusion that it happened because he is a muslim

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why didn't they evacuate the school if they thought it was a bomb? I don't think taking it to the principal's office would have really helped then.

20. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My take is that they quickly realized it wasn't a bomb, but thought there was a possibility it was a hoax bomb and that was why they were questioning him. I think they are still idiots who should have been a hell of a lot more sure he meant for it to look like a bomb and was intending to scare people with it before arresting him.

I have two friends that are nurses and they were blowing up facebook yesterday with the whole View thing. On the one hand I'm annoyed because it is obvious Joy was not bashing nurses, but making fun of a contestant who decided to stand there and talk about her job during the talent portion of a beauty contest. On the other hand, I don't blame them for being mad - the comedy material practically writes itself, and Joy failed hard. She should be ashamed of herself and apologize to the world for bad comedy. I wonder - did any of the late show hosts take a crack at it? Or did they decide not to touch it after the View backlash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.