Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

9/11/2015 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

So this is a thing. www.shethinx.com

Good God. Who came up with this? "Hmmm...if only there was a way to make living in your dirty drawers somewhat socially acceptable."

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Texas is keeping us safe y'all!

Muslim teen creates clock, shows teachers, gets arrested

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/16/us/texas-student-ahmed-muslim-clock-bomb/index.html

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think I've ever seen a story that does such a good job of including so many of the massive problems with American education. I'd say that the Muslim=Terrorist racism is only like the third or fourth worst thing wrong with what happened.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The people at The Onion are kicking themselves for not coming up with this first.

5. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was on the news the last time I was home, and my mother went off on a rant about how things like that happen because of violent TV and movies warping people's minds.

Later that night I objected to her wanting to watch CSI: Cyber, arguing that shows like that were making society dumber by giving them false ideas about how science and technology work. Her response was, "It's just a story. People can tell the difference between truth and reality."

I can only handle talking to my family in small doses.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Miller Lite, Coors Light and Bud Light all one company now? I know the "recipes" and bottling probably won't change, but how will this impact whether or not Bud & Miller will make funny commercials for the Super Bowl?

9. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you really need a recipe for urine in a can?

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was his fan base ever actually that huge though? I know several people that read one of his books, and not one of them cared about Tucker any more than someone normally does when they've read only one book of that author. I know he was fairly well known at his height and could draw a college crowd, but so does any moderately well known semi-celebrity who gets a speaking deal. The only people I've seen who actually give a shit about him were all from the RMMB. I don't know, maybe he did/does have a larger cult following than I'm thinking, but it appeared he talked up his hero status and broad appeal a lot more than what actually corresponded to reality.

I actually did really appreciate his advice regarding the opposite sex the first time I read it. Just the old forum, haven't been able to make it through any books he's written since IHTSBIH. Of course, at the time I was 19, absolutely terrified of rejection and willing to do anything sane or otherwise for so much as a hand job. At 28 a lot of the stuff he said is more common sense, and the rest of it is just too preachy. Like most things, and like he said himself, you kind of have to learn it by fucking up over and over, and you keep fucking up well past the point you think you've learned. Ahem, not that any ladies could refuse my ho-licious alpha persona. Of course.

In any case adult life becomes a lot more complicated than 'Where am I going to stick my dick this Friday?' Which is why I think he's starting to fall off the face of the earth. He had a lot of shit to say to clueless impressionable college kids. Some good, some not so good, but they grew up and figured shit out while he doesn't seem to have much else to write about.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't that movie based on the true story, "Bully", take place down there? Group of kids conspired to kill another kid and fed to gators.

12. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Upon looking at the board themes/upgrade thread, I noticed mention of Ballsack... I know he got kicked off the board but does anyone ever hear from him? Does he ever try to make nice and get back on here?

13. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not just kicked off, all his posts got deleted. Probably way to butt hurt to ever come back.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How much do you wanna bet that the person who came up with this was French?

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, Coors Light wouldn't be part of this. Miller Lite and Coors Light are together due to the MillerCoors joint venture, which is only for US marketing and distribution. They are separate to SABMiller and MolsonCoors, respectively, anywhere else in the world. So it would technically be Miller Lite and Bud Light in the same company, as this would blow up the JV.

My hunch, and it would take a bit of time due to logistics and whatnot, is if this goes through, InBev would sell Miller to Molson Coors as they are more concerned about SABMiller's global brands and footprint as alot of the growth is taking place in Asia and other developing markets. So Molson would absord Miller, Leinenkeugals, Blue Moon, and the other domestic brands, essentially keeping most of the MillerCoors core brands, but under one roof out in Denver.

Should be interesting but will suck for a lot of people I know. I can't see this being good for the former HQs and now regional office of Miller in Milwaukee, nor would this keep the MC joint venture together, in either scenario. At best, most of those people would keep their jobs but have to move to Denver. InBev are a bunch of ruthless fuckers so they would probably tell employees to fuck off. Though, when they moved most of AB's US operations to NYC, the compensation packages they offered were INSANE. I'm talking $3K per month housing stipends for 18-24 months for mid level employees. Most didn't take it cause St Louis is filled with a bunch of toasted ravioli eating morons.

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I was on my way to the bathroom at work when I saw a guy who looked almost exactly like Vigo the Carpathian walk into it. I decided to keep walking and use a bathroom on a different floor. It was the first time I've ever deliberately avoided going into a bathroom because of who else was going to use it.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They are fucking retarded.

[​IMG]

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

As I read Obama's tweet, I could hear him saying it in my head. Promise you that was actually written by him; reads like how he talks.

This whole thing has "SNL skit" written all over it. They'll show some indian kid in America building a tool box in workshop, then the swat team busting through the door and yelling at him to drop the explosives container container. Then they'll do "meanwhile, in Iraq" and show some American kid in iraq building a bomb in workshop, then being taken to a presidential-looking palace to show it off and explain how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.