Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/7/15 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've done long distance too, but bottomless mimosas were never part of it.

I guess any brunch can be a bottomless mimosa brunch if you work hard and believe in yourself. But also, my pockets aren't quite that deep and waiters can refuse to serve you if you're intoxicated, so.

2. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Whatever happened to the 90s? I miss the days of flannel, Doc Martens and Temple of the Dog, Tupac, Dre, Nirvana, Screaming Trees, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden and Tori Amos.

I once got called out by a teacher for wearing short shorts with Doc Martens and a flannel tied around my waist. This was my everyday uniform during middle school. I was hoping to catch my own Jordan Cattalano lookalike. "You're doing this to make your shorts look longer!" Duh.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean. They CAN...but they haven't yet, as long as we are moderately well behaved.

All mimosas are bottomless. I should've eaten more that morning. Ugh.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I hated the 90's. I had to cut my hair, put away my guitar, and figure out how to be a semi responsible human being.

At least I was still kind of cool because I grew up in a logging town and I'd always worn flannel. Not because it was cool, but because that's what was available locally.

5. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    The 90's kicked you out for putting Smashing Pumpkins and Screaming Trees before Soundgarden.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Check this guy out:

klu.jpg

I just added a PSA 7 of this card to my collection. And yes, that was his official uniform. Apparently having arms on his uniform fucked with his swing. At first Cincinnati balked at his cutting off the arms on his uni, but when you hit .326 with 49 home runs one season management comes to see things your way.

Also notice the team name is the Redlegs, not the Reds....because McCarthyism.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The more
    The more sugary the booze, the worse the hangover. That's one argument for stronger booze (more of the sugar has turned into alcohol). Also, you have to stay hydrated the whole time; drink plenty of water.

8. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoever it was that linked Barefoot with Arbor Mist - jesus, really? You must have an expensive palette to equate those two.

I generally do not drink wines that are more than $10 a bottle because I am cheap af, so keep that in mind. Barefoot is fine to me. I've never tasted it and decided to relegate it as cooking wine because I couldn't drink it.

Yeah, Nettdata, I've heard the thing about not cooking with wine you wouldn't drink. But speaking as someone whose budget only allows for under 10$ wines - if I come across a wine that I can't drink, I am mos def going to use it for cooking rather than pour it out.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not saying it has to be expensive, just something that you'd drink. There are quite a few good bottles of wine for under $10, but there are also some really shitty bottles of wine for under $10.

If you're going to cook with wine, don't just use price as your determining factor... cheap wine is perfectly fine, just make it a cheap, palatable, bottle of wine, not some rot-gut that gives vinegar a bad name.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep. You wouldn't put rancid ingredients into your dish, because it'd make the food taste like shit. For some reason nobody thinks that applies to the wine you use.

You can taste the wine. If it's bad wine, you will taste bad wine.

Heck, the infamous "Two Buck Chuck" at Trader Joe's, which is 3 bucks and wildly over-hyped, is at least palatable.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Screenshot_2015-08-09-07-51-36.png
    This is the kind of shit that pisses me off about the PC culture. People want to be warned if something might remotely take them out of their comfort zone. Or might challenge their pre-determined view of the world.

Why can't people be made to think anymore? "Warning: the following program might force you to think from a different perspective."

12. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

As someone who enjoys cooking, I'm curious what would a decent cheap bottle of red wine <10$ be? Specifically I want to try it for pasta sauces.

My experience with wine is whatever I could steal from my parents, who made it in their basement when I was in high school. It got the job done, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. .

13. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I cook with Konzelmann Pinot Noir, you can get it for about $13 and it's delicious. It's from Ontario so I'm not sure what your local liquor store will carry.

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I think Mark West is a decent $8 pinot.

15. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Say I pay $8 for a bottle of wine I haven't tried before. I don't like it. I can pour it down the sink or I can use it to cook. Using it to cook accomplishes two things - it isn't wasted, and now I don't have to buy a bottle of cooking wine. I have not yet had the experience where it has ruined a dish. Just because something by itself isn't pleasing doesn't mean that mixing it with other ingredients won't be pleasing either.

16. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Fantini farnese sangiovese. It's $8.45 at the liquor store and it's delicious for how cheap it is.

Don't cook with a shit wine. Just make it into sangria.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At $8 a bottle, why not just buy cough syrup?

But while we're here, Fuzion sells their wines for maybe $9-10 now (it used to be $8 when it first came out) and they're not bad at all.

18. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is a sentence never uttered in the history of the world thus far: Thank God for Stratford, Texas and this Allups's bathroom.

2 more miles and I would have had one of the worst days of my life.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And what is a fine bottle of XOXO going for nowadays, pray tell? I wanna get mad crunk with my bitches and dance on a PA column all night.

20. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Triggers? Triggers for what? Epileptic seizures? Safe words that signal me to loosen the handcuffs? There's no sense getting all worked up about her, as her life is obviously miserable.

To backtrack a bit - I use my credit card for most purchases, but we took the step years ago of moving most of our money out of our checking account, other than what we'll need over the next couple of weeks, and putting up a firewall between our savings and checking accounts. If you steal my ATM number, the most you'll get is few a few hundred bucks.

The only Barefoot we drink is the white, which is good cold at the beach. And not too bad to cook chicken or scallops with.

For $8.97, go buy a bottle of Drops of Jupiter. Easily one of the best values out there for a good red wine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.