Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/7/15 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Today in National What Day you ask?

National Purple Heart Day: Purple Heart or not, thank them all.

National Lighthouse Day: Shout out to Lighthouses?

National Raspberries and Cream Day: They are my favorite berry so that I can get behind.

Recipe for Raspberry Cream Layer Cake:

INGREDIENTS
    • Unsalted butter, for cake pans
    • 1 recipe Classic Yellow Cake Batter
    • 2 cups raspberries
    • 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
    • 2 cups cold heavy cream
    DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter two 9-inch round cake pans (2 inches deep). Line bottoms with parchment paper; butter parchment. Divide batter between pans, firmly tap on a flat surface to remove air bubbles, and smooth tops.

2. Bake until cakes are golden and puffed and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Let cakes cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges, then invert; remove parchment. Invert cakes again and let cool completely on racks.

3. In a medium bowl, gently mash 1 cup raspberries with a fork. Stir in 1 cup whole raspberries. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream and confectioners' sugar on high until soft peaks form, 1 minute. With a rubber spatula, gently fold raspberries into whipped cream. Place 1 cake on a cake stand or serving plate. Spread raspberry cream on top, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with other cake, press gently, and finish with remaining raspberry cream. Serve immediately.

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck lighthouses. What have lighthouses ever done for ME? They'd kill your whole family if you let 'em.

At a dive bar night before last. I just happen to look out the door to see this frail blond woman running full speed towards this place screaming like a lunatic. Bartender jumps up, shuts the door, bolts it. This woman starts banging on the door yelling utter nonsense. I look at the bartender, he just shakes his head. Couple minutes later po-po lights are shining. Two of them are trying to talk this woman down from her meth hysterics. Her boyfriend is topless, covered in sweat so thick he shines. The cops try to restrain her, she's still yelling gibberish. The boyfriend helps wrestle her into the back of the patrol car, probably the only time in his life he willingly gets into one. Finally an ambulance showed up, strapped her down, took her away. I have no doubt she was released within a couple hours and is probably high this very instant.

Florida.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

You missed that August 5th was National Underpants Day.

My wife wondered why I kept posting pictures on facebook all day of women in thongs.

4. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

You guys realize I only to that for the Friday's date that I start the WDT right? Feel free to update the thread with a daily though.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

#6 Revengeofthenerds, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  7. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's kind of a big "duh".

Just like physical bullies, it's the ones that are fucked up that direct that anger/frustration/whatever onto others.

9. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

It's 108*, the end of the week, and today was stupid because my PRN assistant is actually a burden, and I'm so desperate for a warm body that I actually use her against my better judgment. I'm getting drunk and re-watching Wet Hot American Summer. Because Jon Hamm, Bradley Cooper and Paul Rudd.

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Netflix keeps telling me to watch that, is it worth my time? I mean I use my time wisely and am caught up on Orange is the New Black.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The original is a fun movie. Looking back you'll be amazed at how many then unknown's in that movie are now super stars. Also I think Paul Rudd is a fucking vampire because he hasn't aged a single day between the movie and the show. I haven't watched enough of the show to give a good opinion on it yet.

#12 Kubla Kahn, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

lol.

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I'd start with the movie. Some of the stuff from the series are inside jokes from the movie. Still amusing but funnier if you remember stuff from the movie.

The movie is pretty stupid and pokes fun at the shitty 80s/early 90s movies. In undergrad my roommate and I smoked weed and watched it on a fairly regular basis.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I'm sure this falls under #firstworldproblems, but it was fucking annoying.

I went to the bank to cash my paycheck and they were out of $100's (How the fuck does that happen?), so they paid me in $20's.

I cannot fit 100+ fucking bills in my wallet. I was stuffing cash in my wallet and pockets like a fucking drug dealer.

16. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who takes their paychecks in cash? Do you bury it in the yard Vegas Vacation style?

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My employer doesn't even give me the option of a physical check. I either get direct deposit or have to use some stupid debit card that they reload every other week.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I do, quite often. I have been totally fucked over by banks and Revenue Canada in the past where they just grabbed all available money from my accounts, including all available credit I had, and basically said, "tough shit" when it was pointed out that they weren't allowed to do that.

I've also tried to withdraw cash to buy a car or something similar where the bank wouldn't let me because they have limits on withdrawals because they don't stock enough cash to do otherwise (but I can order in that $5k for next week, if I like), and suggested a bank draft, to which I reminded them that even them, the bank that issued the draft, wouldn't honour the draft without a hold on it, so what makes them think some guy I'm buying a car from would?

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fair enough. Those aren't problems I have had to deal with at all fortunately. Having that much cash around would make me insanely nervous. Hell, reading about some of the civil forfeiture things taking place make me think having large amounts of cash is a bad idea.

Funny story (funny might be a strong word), when my mom came back from overseas she had all of her savings and severance on her in cash. It was more than I make in a year (not a lot to some of you I suppose, but enough to make me feel weird). I had no idea that when told me to watch her purse I was watching more money than I will ever hold again. I found out a couple days later but there were some issues getting her a bank account. I felt like Walter White having that stashed at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.