Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/30/2013 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How long will it be before the majority of articles on the web are just links to reddit threads?

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I'm attempting to make ginger soy pulled chicken pot stickers. I hope these don't suck.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What he posted is a drop tower based on the hill of a Coaster Like the top thrill dragster. I still feel the Millennium Force is the best coaster there. The top thrill dragster is number 2. I went on a 350 foot drop tower once. The wait once you get to the top made me almost poop my pants.

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only people I know who don't like it here are douchey liberal hipster types who think every place should be new York or LA. Ohio has its problems but Columbus is a pretty nice city and the small towns are basically the south with less racism and better schools. I've thought about it, and the only places I'd move to are the research triangle or maybe Austin.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I grew up in Ann Arbor and as such have a very strong dislike Ohio. Sincerely, the state is completely unremarkable in almost every way possible. The only thing worthwhile is Cedar Point. Cedar Point is amazing.

The entire state is meh. For Christ's sake, the states number one pro team is Ohio State.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure the same could be said for the Wolverines prior to Rich Rod's tenure. I still think they may be better than the Lions. Detroit is the only place on earth I find to be shittier than Cleveland.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, Michigan has the Red Wings, and Tigers, really the Lions almost come in third. No one is arguing Detroit, and really for the most part I don't like Michigan. The winter sucks, the state is dying, but there are some good aspects. The long summer evenings are nice and the fall is cool too.

Aside from that though, Michigan tends to suck. Thats why my family has basically moved out of the state, we got out of Dodge and haven't looked back.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what would make college football even better? Releasing actual wolverines onto the field.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: 8/30/2013 WDT NSFW

Is dying? It's fucking dead, the people that remain have somehow managed to survive on minium wage.

I love the fall in Michigan but fuck everything else, I got out 5 years ago and haven't been back since, most of the guys I grew up with still haven't left and all they do is bitch and moan about money, moving to a better area job wise though somehow never enters the discussion.

It's the same dudes in the same jerkwater town bar every Friday/Saturday.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Redwings.... hahaha. The one year the Blue Jackets made the playoffs I went to both games in Detroit. I got decent seats for face value from the Ticketmaster. I had to pay out my ass to go to the games in Columbus. it really made me feel like the Hockey town was a thing of the past. Of course they beat the shit out of the Blue Jackets, so maybe Hockeytown refers to them being good at the sport and not the fans? I don't really know.

From what I can tell outside of the Red Wings and Cabrera the only thing Michigan has on Ohio is craft beer. Luckily most of that gets distributed here.

Ohio is an OK state. We have a few big cities with fun things. Some OK professional sports teams. The cost of living is low. The job market (in Columbus at least) is booming. Although I don't care for it very they do college football great. The Blue Jackets are usually terrible. As Crown has mentioned, the Roller Coaster scene is sweet. We also have Cleveland and that brings down all categories. I really wish we had public transit in Columbus like a real city. I hate the religious majority, and the hatred they bring. For the most part it isn't very open minded.

I really want out. I want to end up somewhere where people have goals that extend beyond having a family. The thing I love the most is the mountains, and we don't have those here. Fuck, I even like the WV mountains compared to Ohio. I love Snowboarding more than anything, and put most of my disposable income into trips for that. My goal is to move to Vermont or Colorado within five years.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was just in West Virginia, those aren't mountains. They are nice hills but not mountains. As for Colorado we don't have mountains either, so don't worry about coming out here. I hear Wyoming has some sweet ones though.

12. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you have to go all that way just to buy some meth?

I know the mountains are small. In the Southern end of the state there are a few peaks around 4700 feet. Which I know is not much. One of the ski resorts has a 1500 foot drop in elevation, which is pretty amazing for a Mid Atlantic resort.

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, the people involved with the Blue Jackets/Clippers/LC Pavillion have done a lot recently to improve Columbus's image. If you tell a cabbie to take you downtown, he'll take you to the arena district, because nobody actually wants to go to the real downtown.

That said, it's almost Buckeye football season. This town is a completely different animal on game days.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Oklahoma is an OK state.

Well, the highest ski resort in the east and highest incorporated town east of the Rockies are in North Carolina.

Slow night on TiB.

Also, random thought: haha Leinart cut.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When Frebis is defending Ohio, it's a slow night. I don't know there seems to be plenty of young college aged girls wanting to make bad decisions here as anywhere else. I mean what else does one really need?

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ohio has to be the most miserable state by far-

Several shitty sport teams with the only highlight being LeBron, who left you.

You put chili on spaghetti and call it Skyline Chili, I call it an abomination.

On the other hand Major League is a classic, so..

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For you labor day viewing pleasure: 'Merica

18. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I firmly believe that if we can land a man on the moon, we can land a man on the sun. He would just have to be able to withstand really hot temperatures.

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Like a Mexican man!

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So he lands on the sun, and then they ask him to clean it for twenty dollars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.