Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/28/15 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think The Wire is the better show, but Oz is the more mindlessly entertaining show that requires zero thinking.

2. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wow, I was really drunk last night. I'm kind of scared to scroll up and see what else I wrote.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Wire and Deadwood I think are the two greatest shows, but The Wire is an acquired taste. It's tests your patience and doesn't care about what the viewer wants to see, but every character is has is three-dimensional and utterly human. The show's creator was a newspaper editor and he REALLY knows how a city operates.

Oz is as close to real prison as prison shows gets. It's fast and really graphic and nasty. Chris Meloni's character alone makes the show worth seeing.

Watch 'me both. They're both good shows.

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started Oz, just watched the first episode and enjoyed it very much. So I will start with that one. On another note, my husband can't figure out our Kindle Fire so I am probably the only person alive with a bigscreen TV watching movies on the laptop. I need to hire a kid to hook up our electronic equipment.

The Wire will be next. I don't know if I am in the mood for slow and "character development" at the present time.

Sigh, I am supposed to celebrate a friends birthday by taking a party bus to drag queen bingo. How pathetic am I that I would really rather sit home in my pajamas and watch a 9 year old TV show?

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Final Destination, Canadian edition:

6. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hopefully you did not drunk internet shop and buy any dog shirts that said, "Since I gave you your first orgasm in 5 years over the phone will you marry my daddy."

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

An update after today's prepwork. Here's some of the pictures I was able to get.

First we cubed about 20 lbs of boneless pork shoulder
    20150829_105846.jpg
    This half we made into a spicy garlic & rosemary sausage.
    20150829_124314.jpg
    This batch was supposed to be hot italian, but some dumbass forgot to add in the fennel before we cased it. (I'm the dumbass)
    20150829_125720.jpg
    After going through the stuffer into the casing.
    20150829_125737.jpg

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Part 2

This is the first of two briskets we rubbed. We rubbed them with a cocoa cayenne mixture I made up a while back that everyone seems to like the flavor on.
    20150829_135130.jpg
    Here's the 2nd brisket. Both were right around 10-11lbs.
    20150829_135134.jpg
    Finally, here's the bacon we started curing that we'll be making day of. It's a coffee and molasses blend. It's really great for burgers. Or just eating the whole thing by itself like nature intended.
    20150829_142727.jpg

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My buddy is a fantastic cook. Since moving into his current place, he's gotten more ambitious with his homebrewing (growing his own hops, etc..) and large scale food projects. He's done crawfish and shrimp boils, smoked tons of meat, and a couple other things that are impressive for living in a city apartment. They've turned out awesome...except for his first attempt at curing bacon. For a variety of reasons, including time and temperature, the bacon didn't cure fully and properly and they all got vicious food poisoning. Glad that was more of a roommates thing and not a party even which would have lead to me in the same predicament.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Played golf this morning for my buddy's birthday, and almost made it the entire round without hitting anyone. Until the 18th hole, when I drilled an iron that hit the birthday boy right on the shoulder.

That brings my hit count to 2 people. I should start carving notches in my 9 iron. At least I haven't killed anything yet, unlike other friends of mine.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My dad got hit in the centre of his back. On Father's Day. These drunk assholes didn't let us get two hundred yards out when they teed off and it one-bounced into my dad's spine. He was already a bit sour after a swan beat the shit out him while he looked for his ball in high reeds (Happy Fathers Day!) so he grabbed their ball and hit it directly back at them. It was a good shot, it nearly hit them. His best shot of that day probably, I'm not sure if he played again after that.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Don't bother, The Wire fucking sucks compared to other shows like The Sopranos or Breaking Bad. It's drones on and on and on with no payoff and the characters are a snooze fest.

13. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hit a buddy of mine square in the ass cheek with a golf ball. He hit his ball off the tee and then decided he'd wander down the pathway instead of waiting until after I'd hit mine. It wasn't intentional, but damn, I don't think I've ever seen someone jump quite that high before or since.

14. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the most retarded thing I've read today, and I've been grading the essays of 10th graders. And a few of them are legally retarded.

#54 Gravy, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  15. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not so sure that I would go so far as to say that The Wire actually sucks; I respect the acting and realism, but I never got into it for exactly the reasons that Juice states.

And Breaking Bad had its moments, but it wasn't without flaws (that's a discussion for another thread).

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Y'all...I'm buzzed and want something sweet. I can't drive anywhere. Someone bring me something!

17. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

18. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

20. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright kids, it's the final push for the TiB Fantasy Football league. We are in need of between 4-6 more people to make a full league. I'd hate to see us only run one league when there are obviously some very big football fans here. Anyone who has any interest in joining a league, join ours, it promises to be a blast!
    The buy in is only $25 and if you win your league, you also get placed into a one week, winner take all $120 pot against the winner of the Varsity TiB league. Fun times, prizes galore, shit talking until you make people cry, it's excitement for the whole family. It's open to anyone who wants to play, not just TiB members, so if you have a brother or sister or your pet turtle that is a prognosticator of fantasy riches, sign em up and bring em down.

Stop by the Sports Board and read the details in the 2015 TiB Fantasy Football thread and sign up today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.