Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/25/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Convo with Boss 2 minutes ago:
    shegirl calls his cell: "It's me. Are you on your way in?"
    Bossman: "In a bit. Why?"
    shegirl: "You have XYZ client coming in in about 15 minutes."
    Bossman: "No no. That's at 2pm."
    shegirl: "No it's not."
    Bossman: "Shit. I'm on my way."

Although in the big scheme of things this was minor it's still really bad form to be a no show for an appointment. I think he needs Ginko.

FOCUS: What "big deal" have you forgotten about? Any repercussions?

I know we have all kinds of fancy gadgets to help us with scheduling, remembering dates and such but we are still human.

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck, literally as I am reading the above my receptionist calls me about a client waiting for me at the office. I completely forgot the appointment.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And yet you're taking the time to post about it here.

You clearly have your priorities straight.

4. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last two weeks I've forgotten to take a look at my mom's modem/router. My sister tells me it's not working and that she reset it and it still doesn't work. Luckily my mom is really forgetful and hasn't noticed that her internet is down, so I guess no repercussions other than my sister getting upset? Speaking of, I better run up to her house and take a look.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You would think as shegirl's boss he would be better organized.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Back when I worked at a market research company we had an on going study where participants would go monthly to a clients testing facility and be paid each time. One month it was cancelled and the project director came in and handed me a note to call all of the participants and tell them not to come the next day and aware them that because of this they wouldn't be paid that month. I put it aside and forgot about it and didn't hand it off to a phoner to handle. Every participant showed up and demanded to be paid in full for the inconvienance of driving to the place. The study was a year into it and losing participants at that point would have ruined the study. Since the client didn't have any checks on hand they had to scramble to get the people paid. They, were,pissed. This was our biggest client and one of the major market research firms, probably 80% of our business. They threatened to pull all of their business which would have killed the company.* I copped to my mistake but since the place was so toxic it still lead to weeks of shouting matches between the brother and sister who owned the place and arguments with the project manager as to how our "process" could have lead to such a blunder and who's fault it was ultimately.

*Im actually really sad they didn't. I would have loved to been the straw the broke the company and it would have been a great point of pride to have ruined my boss's life and cost her millions of dollars. She is one of the most miserable human beings alive.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know there are a few Texans on this board and was curious if anyone has been to the Austin City Limits music festival. If so, worth it? Never been to a music festival and the Wifey wants to go here for her birthday.

www.aclfestival.com

9. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I love ACL! It's a lot of fun and there's a lot to do in and around Austin. I don't know where you're coming from, but you could totally make a week-long trip out of it.

10. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went two years ago with a girl I was dating at the time. I enjoyed it even though most of the music wasn't really my style. We got a room at the Embassy Suites Hilton at the other end of Barton Springs and walked to Zilker Park, day drinking along the way.

I'd say make a weekend out of it even if you only get one day passes. If you stay at the Embassy like we did, you can walk to 6th Street and go to the bars and restaurants there. If you want specific recommendations, let me know.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ACL is the tits. I remember staying up as a kid watching it broadcast on tv on Saturday nights.

I now have a professional-grade, fully equipped sex dungeon in my house (I used the same vendors as Kink.com). My girlfriend is getting a girlfriend who has a girlfriend. And it's the last week of a football drought, the first fall in 5 years I wasn't dealing with grad school, and I get to finally try my hand at babi guling for a college football party. No one told me adulthood was this fun.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Oh man am I glad to be back at the ranch and outta that crap in the city!! While I certainly can't control anything, I am in a much better position to react to things out here. While it would suck, if something like electricity got knocked out we would still be relatively fine for an indefinite period of time, and relatively comfortable for a week or so at least. Benefit of having basic resources at your disposal.

We heard on the radio driving out here though that they're warning some areas will be "uninhabitable for months." I cannot fathom what would make that the case. Contaminated drinking water? Sewer system knocked out?

Whatever the case, a lot of the low lying areas in the direct path of the worst parts of the storm have very poor demographics. Those people simply do not have the financial means to evacuate, if they have any financial means at all. This will be a massive, multi-day flooding event. It's gonna come on shore then either stall there and dump its entire load, or it's gonna bounce off, potentially go offshore a tad, then make a second landfall and hit Houston again. It'll be Texas's Katrina.

*edit* And it just turned into a Cat 4 hurricane. Because god really hates Houston.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Can the wind give you a concussion?

Asking for a friend.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That would have to be one hell of a burst, like a jet engine maybe but I have no clue. Perhaps if a tornado coughed. I think the only way is if the wind throws you into a close encounter with a stationary object.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Unless your friend is RoTN... in which case watching a weather report with footage of high winds is enough to knock you into last week.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its been raining here on and off all day and the winds are gentle. No one anticipated the cat 4 upgrade. I'm not really sure what to expect for Houston right now. But they keep extending the amount of days this thing will stick around. Forecasted thorough Thursday now.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

The mother of a coworker runs a morgue north of corpus. She said local authorities are telling everyone who stayed behind and ignored the evacuation orders to write their name, SSN #, and next of kin on their arm.

It's that kinda fucked up.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I wonder how much of that is just theatre in order to try and scare people to evacuate?

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let us all pause a moment to appreciate the occassion. Audrey's booby post is breath taking and awe inspiring. It needs to be recognized.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You're quite a bit late to the party on that one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.