Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/22/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

you're the 2nd person to mention a "reveal" party to me in the last few weeks. it seems like more expecting parents are either "let's figure this out and plan ahead"(hah) or "fuck your gift-buying-gender-specific-strategies-straight-to-hell" types. i prefer waiting till they're 3 and showing up with a fridge box, and then leaving knowing it'll still be an epic toy.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

yeah, no... the fact that i was even going to be having a kid was all the surprise and "revealing" that i wanted to deal with. so we found out as early as we could what we were having (spoiler: it was a girl and not a bear as i had predicted). no party or anything special, we just told people once we found out.

we did, however, keep the name a secret until she was born, but that was more the gf's decision than mine.

and just as a word of warning, those 3d ultrasounds can be somewhat creepy, so don't be too surprised if your kid resembles something out of a horror movie at one point or another.

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

4. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

the crazy thing is the song doesn't even have that great of a message. i don't have a problem with it or anything, but it's just a regular piece of competent pop song-writing. i guess it's impressive because she's so young, but it ain't like, blowing my mind with depth or anything.

it's super catchy, tho.

#84 Nom Chompsky, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

it's a tradition in my family to take bets on the gender while we are all in the waiting room. everyone puts in 2 dollars and the person who guesses the gender and is the closest to guessing the weight gets the whole pot. i won $24 when my brother was born.

6. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

bbq day at my house. i have a smokin' butt. no, really. i just started hickory smoking pork butt. doing baked beans later, souvlaki vegetables, roasted red pepper hummus, italian pasta salad, shit load of german sausages for grilling. homemade bbq sauce too. feel those sauced titties on your face. feel them.

none of these people have ever gone to someone else's house to eat this good. every bit of it is homemade. even the sausages were cased in house at the deli. yet, i have this horrible feeling people will not appreciate it and waste a shitload of food.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i would remedy this anxiety with beer, lots and lots of beer.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i'd have to agree. the message of the song is, "if you aren't a size 2 and as long as you have big tits and a shapely ass, you can respect yourself. if you are a size 2, you should think about growing some boobs or fattening up your ass otherwise you can still respect yourself, but on a 1-10 scale, you are on the bottom half and fatter people are at the top half."

it's also funny how there is so much backlash when skinny women seek validation for being thin, but when bigger women seek validation for being big, they are positioned as "being real women".
    the whole thing is pretty sickening to be honest.

there is no universe where that song could be considered catchy.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

my wife had stuff to do today, so i have been sitting in the basement with my pooch getting drunk and watching the simpsons marathon. they are currently four episodes into season 6. only a few days until they become unwatchable. best get on it now. all hail fxx

10. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

quiet in here today. maybe i should stop working and start drinking?

yup, that's the answer.

11. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

firefly marathon on syfy. so here i am at work doing a nonprofit tax return. fuck my life right now.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

been too busy doing shit.

went and picked up a thickness planer and domino, only to have the starter on my jeep take a dump in the parking lot. after getting the thing going thanks to a pickup with a bush bar giving me a push, made it to the local lordco (bc auto parts store), got a new starter, and installed it in the parking lot.

just taking a breather for some lunch and then it's off to sand and prime a room.

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

you are far too crafty for your own good.
    it's like every day you bob villa your way into some cool shit.

"today i built a mountain cabin after hunting wild boar and working on the plans for a new skyscraper in toronto. it's only 11am so i might as well weld a missile launcher atop my jeep, rewire the junction box outside my house for better electric efficiency and make myself boar jerky. hmmm...that will take me to 1pm, i wonder what i can squeeze in this evening."

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

crafty? too funny...

you drive a 92 wrangler you bought for a few grand, you learn how to repair shit out of necessity... because parts are always wearing out or failing. (there's a reason i drive around with full bcaa towing coverage and a complete set of tools in the trunk).

i now have an empty rental house and family coming to visit in 3 weeks... so there's a rush on to build furniture, because i'm of the impression the folks might like a place to sit, a table to eat at, a bed to sleep in that's not resting on the floor, etc. you know, simple shit.

and go look at a furniture store some time, and see how expensive cheap shit is. after making a table and benches for the deck, a simple dining room table, and a bed frame, i'll have broken even and have solid furniture that will probably outlast me. all it takes is time that i'd normally just waste watching tv.

throw a string of podcasts on the stereo and build shit, and it's way more satisfying than sitting on the couch.

nothing special or impressive about it, really... you just have to realize that it won't happen on its own, you have to go do it.

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i thought the message was more along the lines of reinforcing the idea that you should base your self esteem on your body and whether or not it was attractive to boys.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

truth.

i typically buy used or antique stuff from people on craiglist. the cheap stuff at furniture stores is still hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. and most of it is that cheap ass wood veneer stuff that falls apart the second any liquid touches it. no thanks. i am mulling over my intent to make a headboard for our bed out of a reconditioned door. i can add wiring inside and install sconce style reading lamps on either side. we have a california king bed and it is really difficult to find used stuff for it. we bought a heavy duty frame from a furniture shop to get it off the floor but there is no headboard yet. it's a work in progress. i totally get that people acquire all their household shit over a lifetime, so i am content to wait and be patient. all of our needs are covered for now so i can afford to think about it and wait to see if something nice comes up for sale.

i might need to get into real woodworking a little, though. the first thing i really want to make is an apiary. it's my newest pipe dream and i think i might start working on that one in the next month or so.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#97 ghettoastronaut, Aug 23, 2014
  18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

this idiot needs a neckbeard before he can join the true class crew...

#98 JWags, Aug 23, 2014
  19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

sometimes i wonder if even humphrey bogart could pull off a fedora today. because anyone (who is not geriatric) who wears them in the modern day just looks stupid. the hat proportions are out of whack, or it's actually a trilby, or the hat itself might be just fine but then the subject is wearing it with a suit that doesn't fit, or a stupid t-shirt, or they're doing something stupid like wearing it while eating, which is the opposite of class.

but when you look at an old timey photo...
    [​IMG]

and if that were a just a modern colour photo, you'd swear it were just some hipster who'd watched too much mad men.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

i am clinically depressed after watching that. thanks.

#100 Crown Royal, Aug 23, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.