Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

8/1/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Made Kevin Ware look like kid shit. Holy hell, I hope he comes back cause that is brutal. Hopefully FIBA now looks into moving back their hoops, cause the comparison to the NBA is staggeringly close. And you put a really promising career in a bit of jeopardy.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I woke up early on a Saturday I'm supposed to be sleeping in, because my body is used to this time for work. Figured I'd check the NBA on RSS because there's usually no news and hopefully go back to sleep.... I've now puked three times.

Awake now.... jesus christ!!!

And my wife and I just got over telling her nascar-watching camo-cloggs-wearing family that we're firmly against our son ever playing football because of obvious health concerns.

(Full disclosure: I once broke both bones in my left wrist, a clean break, 90 degree angle like him, then one of them entered another bone so technically a compound fracture. A little surgery and a cast and I was good to go, though the lower body is vastly different -- I've dislocated both knees multiple times so every time I hit the gym is a risk of them popping out again.... Paul George is fucked. Though Shaun Livingston is outlier proof otherwise. Never underestimate athletes.)

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Here's a link with video of the injury.

Just be warned, that's the worst I've seen since the Slamball incident.

**edit** He broke both the tibia and the fibula. And apparently it was an open fracture (meaning, bones went through the skin).

So he's out for the season for certain, though this could well be it for his career. Despite being a Spurs fan, always have and always will be a Pacers fan too. Go Hoosiers!!!!

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I played high school ball with a guy who had something similar happen, except he hit it square instead of sideways and shattered his foot so bad that bone punched through his shoe. He had D1 scouts looking at him as a freshman before the injury, but he never really got back even 75% afterwards. That shit is way worse in person. One of our coaches threw up on the court.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Ahhh, the joys of parenthood. While feeding a bottle to my son, he reared back and cracked me in the nose with his head.

This isn't the first time I've broken my nose (it is big so it gets in the way), so I kind of know what to do. However, this time I experienced the most blood. Yelled at my wife to get me her tampons for my nostrils, she said "pussy, I'm sleeping!" so I bit a tooth-brush while I re-set (again, not the first time) my nose and shoved charmin toilet paper up there.

Joke's on her though. There's blood all over the bathroom counter now. She gets to clean it up. Told her I needed those tampons for the bleeding. When a man asks for a tampon, it's serious.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, I stayed up for 40 straight hours to drive to the new place (could not sleep due to excitement, sex, snoring people in other rooms, etc). First night, my car gets broken into and my GPS goes missing. Cunts. Then the damned car goes apeshit and now it throws up all manner of error messages.

I meet my roommates, who are genuinely nice, quiet and intelligent people who can subtly be described as "Pussy/Fun Repellant". They inform me of the nosy, elderly neighbors that are a pain in the ass.

Also, the area is gorgeous, but in winter the drive to the nearest city (things like CostCo, movie theatre, etc.) might as well be measured in light years.

8. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to punch whoever thinks it is a good idea to microwave fish at the office. Seriously, who fucking does this?

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What office doesn't have a "no fish, no popcorn" policy?

10. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Made the first batch of homemade bacon on the new smoker today. Only went with two flavors this time to put it through its paces: brown sugar & clove and coffee & molasses. Got just under 30 lbs. after it was all said and done. Definitely going to need to play around with the wood a bit more to see how that affects the flavor. Only did a light cherry smoke on it this time.

(And about the bracelet... when your two year old daughter asks you to wear her flower bracelet, you fucking do it. Don't ask questions.)

Attached Files:

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nice.

How long did you smoke it for, at what kind of a temp?

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

US Vacation: Day 1

#52 Nettdata, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About 6 hours. The first 4 were really low at only 150 to really get some decent amount of smoke into it, then we upped it to 225 until it came up to temp at just around 160*F.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

How'd it turn out? Fry any up yet?

15. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't fry any of it up, but had a few bits of the end pieces when we were trimming it up. The coffee & molasses one definitely has a more pronounced flavor to it than the brown sugar & clove. I'd say the brown sugar & clove is more of a breakfast bacon due to the sweetness and the coffee & molasses would be perfect topping a gourmet burger. Or just eat them both simply as just bacon. Because why not?

Next time I'll have to make sure I keep some for myself, but this was all done for orders from other people. And we're already booked for a few more orders. Can't say it's the worst weekend hobby/side job in the world to have.

Attached Files:

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Say what?

You, my friend, have way more self-control than I do. If I went to all that trouble to do that, I'd sure as hell make sure I'd keep some for, uhh, "quality control testing".

17. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I work with a bunch of mongoloids. I smell burnt popcorn at least once a week.

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, it's by no means the first time we've made it, just the first time we've done it with the intention of selling it. I would have liked to have kept some, but we only had 30 lbs to work with and we've already received orders for almost double that. Needless to say, based on early responses, this will be the first of many batches and I will definitely be padding my order next time to make sure there's some leftovers.

19. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Amazingly, the manliness of the making your own bacon means you could wear a dress and no one could call you a sissy

20. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck, I took language classes in Stockholm and there were microwaves sprinkled about the school.

The smell at lunch time from loads of people from all over the world cooking their national dishes was enough to make you vomit. People would microwave fish, ox tongue, curried curry, and anything you could think of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.