Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7 Minutes of (probably not) Heaven

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gravy, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't really have a good backstory for this thread. It is just something I have been thinking about lately.

Focus: If you could have 7 minutes with anyone dead or alive where they candidly and honestly answered every question you had, who would you choose?

Alf-Focus: When was the last time someone dropped a truth bomb on you that shifted your perspective for better or worse?

Revengeofthenerds and gamecocks like this.
  2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Skyello. Bump.

3. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Do they answer directly? Because I have a number of questions for Mr. Trump.

Beyond that, I'd like to have my seven minutes with Jesus Christ. I'm wondering just how much hocus pocus went into some of those miracles.

Alt-Focus: My newly obtained therapist informed me that "you get frustrated because you're scared, and then you get angry because you don't like that you can't control what's scaring you". Ho. Lee. Shit. Nailed it.

4. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus:

I'm not sure I would go with a famous person of any sort. I'm thinking it might be better to ask someone who had a personal connection with me. Friends, family members, etc.

A lot of you folks are married or have longtime SOs. Would 7 minutes of honesty from them help or hurt your life?

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt Focus: Last year when I found out Santa Clause wasn't real I was devastated, really changed how I viewed everything.

6. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: My grandfather on my mom's side. He died before any of us grandkids were born and I've always wondered what he was like. I have no idea what I would ask him about. Maybe ask him to tell some stories of his life.

7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my personal credos is "Don't ask questions that don't want honest answers to". An every day example of this is "Do I look fat?" If you have to ask, you already know the answer. If I had this option with the Mrsanthropic, I wouldn't be asking her questions to which an honest answer would bother me.

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hurt - for sure. I am just fine with some little white lies. I wouldn't want to be the asker or the answerer. We both are disappointed with other at times, it is just part of a relationship. But it doesn't need to be discussed ad nauseam.

9. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Michael Jackson. I really want to know what the fuck was going on with him.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

hurt.
    I don't need to ask some questions and I sure as shit don't want to answer others.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: My mom. She died when I was 14, and there are a lot of things I wanted to ask her. And tell her.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad I guess since he passed away when I was in high school. I never knew him as an adult myself. Probably ask how he found purpose in his life.

Alt Focus Back in college my roommate's girlfriend dropped some knowledge on me the day I was fired from one of the bar jobs I had. Honestly at that point in my life, had been an unrepentant slacker, and didn't really put forth any decent effort at part time jobs. Coupled with the teenage anti authoritarian attitude Im surprised I wasnt fired from more places. We were talking and she told me flat out no real job was going to want to risk any sort of starting salary on someone who didn't give a shit. Would you want to invest 60k in someone who doesnt care? So simply put and blunt it really stuck with me. I didnt turn into some ultra ambitious A type personality but it really changed my outlook on work.

13. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're already pretty continuously honest with each other so I don't think it would matter much.

Focus: So hard nailing this down to just one person. Some contenders for me are; Teller (I need to know how it's done), FDR, Steve Jobs, Pope John Paul II, Cleopatra.

Alt Focus: When I was a teenager I was going through a lot and took a lot out on my mother. One day my recently acquired stepfather took me aside and basically yelled at me for being so ungrateful. That no one would ever love me as much as my mother did and no matter how upset or annoyed I was, everything she did she did out of that love for me. It has stuck with me ever since.

14. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: If you could have 7 minutes with anyone dead or alive where they candidly and honestly answered every question you had, who would you choose?

I would take 7 minutes with my father. Man has been on and off drugs and a career criminal for nearly my entire life. He is incapable of telling the truth for more than a sentence and there are some things I need confirmed to make 100% sense of my life. Barring that, the conversations I've had with him in my head will have to do

Alf-Focus: When was the last time someone dropped a truth bomb on you that shifted your perspective for better or worse?

I can't say the last time but the most significant was when I was about 19 working a dead end job. My supervisor who was a personal friend and got me the job came over to me one day as I was doing a menial and repetitive task. He asked me to turn off the machine I was using and he asked me, 'The fuck are you doing here?' I thought I was in trouble. I told him what I was doing and he said, 'No. NO! Not this job, I mean this place. What the fuck are you doing working here? Counting time, passing the days? What the fuck man? You're wasting it. Just fucking wasting it.' And then he left in a huff. We never talked about it. I just enrolled in school the next week and that conversation entirely shaped my life. Thanks Ish. You saved me.

15. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt. Focus : I always thought our parents pulled us out of private school because they couldn't afford it. A couple years ago my mom told me no, it was because after my grandfather died I flipped the fuck out, hated God, and was otherwise a hot mess. He and I were really close, but apparently I just blocked it all out.

Once she told me, things came rushing back. When I was a paramedic one of the old nuns from the school broke her hip and and I told her I had gone there, but she probably wouldn't remember me. She said she did, I was that kid who left after someone died. I had no idea what she was talking about. Told her, no, wrong person. Years later I was in a training class with someone I had gone to school with and for some reason she told the instructor she hadn't seen me since I left in 5th grade after someone died and I left. Again I told her I had no idea what she was talking about, because I honestly didnt.

I ended up telling Mom that if she had any more things to reveal, just keep her mouth shut and let me remember things my way. Or not.