Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/8/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Due to the events of the past week, I really don't know what to do with this. I know I want it to stay in WDT mode since we have a Serious Thread for other discussion.

Today is National Chocolate with Almonds Day. Unless it's really good dark chocolate why bother.

It's also National Collector Car Day. 1968 Ford Mustang, in the stock light blue please and thank you.

Outside of that, I've got nothin'.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if NSXs are considered historical yet but I would love one. I'd probably go with the classic Corvette stingray. I was always disappointed my dad went with a 90 vette for his mid life crisis. The body style was just lame that generation.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Enough with the bullshit from the real-world... let's just stay focused on our own happy little bubble.

For instance, it's cold and wet and rainy here right now, so I'm looking forward to getting this day behind me so I can get home, crack open a few bottles of wine, make up a nice roast of beast with all the trimmings, and relax on the couch binge-watching some Netflix that I haven't gotten around to in a while. I think I'll catch up on Daredevil tonight... watched the first few episodes but then ran out of time.

Tomorrow is all about building a new workbench for my shop. You know, all the fun stuff that every girl loves to hear about... picked up a new bench vise from Lee Valley, all the pieces-parts are ready to go. I'm kind of excited about it because I'm redoing all the power tools platforms in my shop to have the same height... planer, table saw, mitre saw, work bench, router table... all on wheels, with all working surfaces at the exact same height so they can all act as infeed/outfeed platforms for everything. It's the little things you pick up as you go where you think, "huh... it sure would be easier/better if ________ was set up like ______".

So yeah... that's my fun weekend plan.

That and making a big cedar post bed frame and head/foot boards, which should be a half-day job.

4. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Do you have a set of plans, or are you just winging it? I ask because I have a spare bedroom downstairs and I was thinking of building something like that. There's a spare room upstairs but I'm assuming guests would prefer a bit of privacy and distance, and since there's a bathroom downstairs too it's idea.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Winging it. I've got a design in mind and I've done a ton of 4x4 cedar joinery in the past few months (made stupidly easy with the Festool Domino) and I've already made a first version out of cheaper pine 2x6's.

4x4 cedar posts will be the main frame, and then I'll make a large headboard and footboard using 4x4 cedar as the rails and stiles, and use thinner cedar fence board as the panels. I have a good router bit set that does a great job on that stuff.

I've already got the bed frame hardware from Lee Valley (http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=67916&cat=3,40842,43730&ap=1)

And all the wood is already dried out from sitting in my shop for a few months, and I made sure to grab the "rejects" that had some seriously good, dark colour to them and a ton of knots and external character that most people wouldn't want.

No special plans for finishing, other than leaving it fairly rough, sand down the edges a bit (maybe a 1/2" round-over at most), then finish with spar varnish for durability.

Realistically it'll be done for next weekend... if you like I can post some pics.

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it too early to call the 458 a classic even though it already is? I'd like one of those or a McLaren P1.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is not too early to call the 458 a classic. It just has a timeless look. Give me a DeTomaso Pantera. American Muscle, Italian style and unfortunately a build quality of both.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very important.

Nett what kinda bench vise did you get? I just scored a simple but big 6" jaw bench vise with a swivel base from a garage sale for $30 last weekend. Friggin' love having two vises on the bench now. It's a little cramped but I can be way more productive.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I seriously wonder about a person who isn't moved by a good dog.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just a cheap-ass front vise from the local Lee Valley: http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=31137&cat=1,41659,41661&ap=1

Got the big one.

[​IMG]

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Bragger.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Don't judge my choice in women.

13. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am going to see Slightly Stoopid tonight outside in Phoenix in the summer, I believe that makes me a fucking idiot.

In other news I think I met Dixie's cousin, he is a guy I fish with who extolls the virtues of a large bush, he explained how he like to pet it when watching TV I had nothing to say, I can't wrap my head around it. This country is in trouble with that kind of thinking.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard priests try to say that manicuring your fun zone makes baby Jesus sad. That was weird and disgusting.

15. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Sounds like a hell of a sermon. Was that one during Lent?

16. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I shaved my pubes on Wednesday in anticipation of something that didn't happen, and now I'm living in ingrown hair city. I don't know about baby Jesus, but it is certainly making me sad.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, just trim short. Never shave. Christ.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I just burn mine.

19. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We all know the real reason why your crotch is burning, Toytoy.

20. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I prefer to pluck one at a time using tweezers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.