Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/7/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Front fucking page of ESPN right now? Watch Live: Analysis of O.J. Simpson's Parole Hearing. Why the fuck does anyone care about a has-been criminal who hasn't been relevant in over a decade? I feel like this is a new low, even for ESPN.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you watch TV? People love OJ stuff. As evidence by the highly successful FX show and ESPN documentary.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Because ESPN's Producers are social-media junkies who've lost sight of what it takes to run a SPORTS company... they're now more about the drama and sensationalism than the sports, because anyone with a phone can get immediate, up-to-date scores, etc pushed to them when it happens, or at their demand.

In this particular case, they're probably worried that they'll "lose" viewers to the other outlets that will run this shit non-stop, so this is how they "compete".

Rather than spend the time and effort and money to produce high-quality material and in-depth analysis, which takes high resources for very little usable material, they're trying to just pipeline shit through that doesn't cost them much to produce and garners them hours of shit they can distribute.

In short, quality is expensive and the output is minuscule, whereas this shit is almost free and can go on forever.

They are moaning about how they're losing viewers but don't have the budget or acumen to do the right thing to make it better.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

THE JUICE IS LOOSE!

OJs original trial is still very relevant as far as race relations and the justice system.

5. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope Al Cowlings drives him out of there.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Fucking OJ. He created the Kardashians, and for that he should rot in jail.

7. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been proven that the Kardashians can be blamed squarely on the city of Buffalo. Had they Bills not drafted OJ, he never would have gone there where he met Nicole and later tried to cut her head off.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because everyone who is older than 40 remembers where they were during the Bronco chase and/or verdict like the generation before us remembers JFK's assassination. I'm not defending ESPN, though, just explaining why it's "news."

Yep. But, ESPN is not alone. I am so fucking sick of hearing about fucking Lavar Ball 24 hours a day. And, shows like Mike & Mike (or the doomed-to-fail Trey & Mike, now) will spew on and on about "why are we giving him a mic? If we want him to go away, then stop talking about him." and, then the ESPN instagram feed is filled with his face. Whatever.

The thing that ESPN (and sports coverage in general) has going for it, is that it's fantastic reality TV, with unscripted, awesome things happening every day. It's competitive due to it's "much watch live" content, instead of consuming it on the couch 3 hours later or in a weekend binge. They need to capitalize on that. But, instead, they're trying to be TMZ.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Watch the Naked Gun trilogy to celebrate!

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Yup. I was watching from the bar TV in a Red Robin.

Is it true that the Goldman family cannot touch his NFL pension with their civil suit? I heard that on the radio this morning.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's protected, not because of the NFL, but because of ERISA. Same thing that protects anyone's pension. But, if his PO lets him travel back to Florida, maybe they can collect from his assets like a house or something?

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The 90s had some very interesting, racially charged, criminal trials. First the officers who kicked the crap out of Rodney King (perceived as white guys getting off the hook for beating a black man), then there was OJ (a black man seemingly getting away with murdering a white woman).....

Landed a paid internship with an up-coming anti-tobacco group. Super stoked, they're doing well and I'm really looking to see what they're doing well and learn.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought he moved to Florida to help shield his assets to begin with? Either way he's got a few avenues in today's media he could go down besides shitty PPV videos he was doing before this lock up.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I thought he move to Florida to search for the real killer. He had info that the real killer frequented golf courses or some shit.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I think so, but I heard maybe there was a law change, or something? I'm sure ESPN will have Roger Cossack or Ryan Smith run through all the scenarios tonight on SportsCenter. Oh, wait, though, didn't ESPN fire all them? They'll just have Kenny Mayne speculate for 20 minutes, then.

His parole is in October. Has Vegas set the line on how long before he gets locked up again? Or, whether dying or going back to prison is more likely?

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure OJ found the real killer every time he went to a golf course.

Or, got out of bed. Or looked in the mirror.

17. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Yeah I thought that was why a lot of fuck-ups flock to FL.

I love the OJ stuff. Loved the series with Cuba Gooding Jr. My elementary school stopped classes and brought all of us out into the hall to watch the jury's ruling. What a circus.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That begs the real question, what course is he gonna play at first and what will his handicap be?

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CTE

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I curse whatever city I move to. First it was Boulder, and the girl kicker and that whole mess. Moved to SD and there was the John Gardner horror, moved to Tampa and Casey Anthony, back to Denver and the marijuana thing, and now in Minneapolis multiple cop shootings....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.