Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it sexist to point out her lazy eye or we cool cause she falls into the Sarah Palin spectrum of women that don't count towards feminism?

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you stick it in her ass, does it make that eye pop out more?

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only if you use a hairbrush

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I think the fact that she sounds like Sarah Spain makes me replace her body with Spain's.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man Im not sure how to react to this. I've drank Coke Zero so long it's become the defacto Coke in my mind. Ill have sips of regular coke every now and again and it reminds me of my hate of the super sweet Pepsi.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Do you kids have a brand preference for cordless power tools? Everybody is clamouring at work about which brand is superior. A temp kid said "Black And Decker" and got some hearty laughs.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are a Makita house.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If you're going to use it every now and then, I say go for Ryobi. I have about 8 of the things, with about 10 batteries, and they work very well. No problems 3+ years into it.

They were stupidly cheap (especially when you buy the multi-packs when they're on sale at Home Depot), and some of the one-off tools with a big battery were cheaper than just a standalone big battery. That means I now have 2 drills and 2 impact drivers, along with a portable circular saw, sawzall, jigsaw, multi-tool, and flashlight. And about 4 different chargers going at the same time.

With most tools I say buy the cheapest thing you can find, and if you wear it out due to your use of it, then upgrade to something more skookum.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Laugh all you want but bang for the buck I say Black and Decker. If money was no object, I'd go more expensive every time, but since money does factor into it for me, if all the other stats are roughly equal, I go B&D. I also like Kobalt (Kobalt anything, not just power tools). It's lowes house brand and after trial and error with various other tools in the price range it just works best for me.

But if you're going specific tools, then yeah there's a preference on brand, though I don't think anyone is going to say one brand is best for all. Right now I got a B&D cordless drill, but Milwaukee is my cordless impact driver. Kobalt sawzall. Husqvarna string trimmer. Stihl backpack blower. B&D jig saw. Dewalt circular saw. Porter cable random orbital sander. Fiskars axes and wood mauls. Multiple vaughn hammers. I pay more for what I use more (with the exception of the B&D cordless drill, because that just fucking works.)

I go for the best that I can afford given how frequently I'm going to use the tool and the precision, power and reliability required for the jobs. If it's likely a one-off job where it's cheaper to do it myself and buy the tools than pay someone else, then I'm gonna skimp on a tool where I don't care if it lasts me beyond that one project, because saving money was the goal. If It's something like taking care of my yard and surrounding property though, where I need power and reliability because it's an everyday work in progress? John Deere and Stihl, because it saves money and does the job better in the long run.

11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Master craft or ryobi for general house use. Milwaukee if you are going to be using it lots/professional

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm a big fan of the Bosch Glide mitre saw... especially if you have it up against a wall in a shop.

13. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've had pretty much every brand of cordless drill at one time or another and in my opinion Milwaukee tends to last the longest, both in durability and battery life. It's a similar argument between something like the Husky brand wrenches and Snap-on wrenches. If you use it daily/frequently, it sometimes makes sense to buy the higher quality tools.

Like Nett said, if you don't use it much, Ryobi is a very solid option. The amount of different tool options they offer is pretty cool and the replacement battery cost is low.

It's also kind of interesting to see who owns what tool brands: http://pressurewashr.com/tool-industry-behemoths/

Graphic, spoiler for size.
    [​IMG]

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Even more interesting would be which factory in China makes which tools... you can't help but think a lot of that stuff is just re-branded shit from the same product run.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I laughed much more when you asked if Sarah Huckebee was fuckable... Side note, fuckable is apparently a correct word according to auto-correct thing on chrome

16. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if it still holds true, but Dewalt and Black and Decker drills used the same battery type for a while. Makes sense that they are owned by the same parent company.

There's a similar thing happening with laptops. You see similar designs from different companies at times. The reason is simple. There are basically seven companies that make nearly all of the laptops we use, and they aren't brands you would recognize like Apple, Dell or HP.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ryobi is made by Milwuakee and is probably the best of the "middle-class" power tools, when you're weighing both price and performance. Their hammer drills are $100 and kick ass. As long as you're not using them all the time every day, you'll get years of use from them.

Milwaukee is my choice favourite but DeWalt is also very good and it is also sold EVERYWHERE. Every big box, every Mom & Pop. Both the guys I work with use strictly Ridgid.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They are the champions of saws. If there's a reason to "betray your brand" it's that.
    Holy shit, is Stanley ever a monster corporation. It owns half of the most famous names on that chart. Snap-On keeps it tight because they're the greatest and they don't want to be associated with junk.

19. CoolHandPete

CoolHandPete
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I use a DeWalt drill and impact driver. Anything else, I buy at Harbor Freight. I fucking love that store. The tools ar so cheap and all of the workers smoke tons of cigarettes. Not sure what that second part means, but fuck it.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I actually like a lot of Jet tools... ratchets, sockets, wrenches, etc. Life-time no-questions asked replacement warranty, great quality, and not as expensive as Snap-On.

Case in point, I did this with a Jet breaker bar:

[​IMG]

And, what do ya know, it broke. Took it over to the local shop where I bought it, and they handed me a new one... didn't ask me how I did it, no bullshit... they just wanted the old one back for analysis.

And while I was there, I did buy a bigger bar. And that one worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.